DU- what to do (Updated 2/13)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SpoonfulofSugar, Feb 10, 2013.

1. SpoonfulofSugar

SpoonfulofSugar DIS Veteran

We currently have a 4-night Disney cruise booked but have been wanting to change to a 7-night but no family oceanview rooms have been open. Finally there is a quarantee open today but DU agent has not emailed me back yet. Can I book it myself and still get it changed over to retain my 10% on board booking discount???
    TIA for any help!

Update 2/15/13: My Dreams agent came through and got us the room we have been waiting for yesterday on Valentine's Day...best V-day gift! They were great and kept checking every day till they got it. We have used them for our last few cruises and will definitely name them again when we rebook another on board in June! Thanks DU and Tracey!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

In the past when a forward room opened up on a cruise we were booked on, I did book that room and forward the info to my DU agent. The next morning everything was switched over and my CC was refunded.

4. WebmasterJohn

WebmasterJohn Genius Administrator

Please write to me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will follow up on this for you. Please include your DU reservation ID Number in your email.

5. SpoonfulofSugar

TY-- she just got back to me but when I check the room is now gone from the Disney website, so we may have missed it:( Have been waiting for months and we were so excited and probably missed it out. Very upsetting.

6. DillWaters

DillWaters Mouseketeer

Keep in mind that some people have seen a lockout of the room for about an hour if you "select" it in your web browser and then close the browser window without releasing it. When it's locked out, even TAs cannot see it. Wait a little bit and have your TA check again.

7. MikeAndNick

MikeAndNick If you can dream it, you can do it.

Not sure who your travel agent is but in the past mine has added my request on a list they have and they keep checking and notified me when it came up. Maybe your travel agent will do the same.

8. SpoonfulofSugar

Update in first post

9. Lorelei528

Lorelei528 DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting what you wanted! We book with DU also and Kelsie got me our 7 night Nov 2014 cruise yesterday!

Love DU! Thanks to all their staff!:thumbsup2