DTW to MCO... What happened to Airtran?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Colleen27, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Tigger2ntinkerbell

Tigger2ntinkerbell DIS Veteran

We had to do one -way tickets from FNT to MCO on SouthWest Sept 22 and then on return floght MCO to FNT ,we did Delta one -ways on the 27 of Sept . It was the cheapest way for non-stops. Maybe one-ways would work for you. Good luck

tigger2ntinkerbell

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. schoen

schoen DIS Veteran

DTW prices are driving me INSANE right now, at least to MCO.

Delta is showing up as $478 for my flight! That is insane. I am not flying until November, but WOW! I have looked into flint and GR too. I should probably look at Lansing too, but Yeesh!

4. 2009CAN

2009CAN Mouseketeer

Correct. But someone (maybe even the OP) asked about direct flights out of Flint.

5. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

Out of Flint, though, not Detroit. SW just rolled that flight into their system; prior to April 15 Airtran ran the same route.

There are pros and cons to going out of Flint. It is a smaller airport, which is nice, and security is usually quicker than at DTW's main terminal. The flight times now look pretty good. But with only one flight per day there's no fallback option if one is cancelled or overbooked, and for us there's the additional cost of parking because we have family that will drop off/pick up at DTW because they're in the area but would have to drive ourselves when leaving from Bishop. And Flint is virtually always more expensive, usually by $80-100 r/t.

6. alwaysdisney

alwaysdisney Mouseketeer

We need to start a Michigan Chapter for Disney..... a get together for people who love Disney...

7. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

And if you fly Spirit, consider yourself warned. I would stay home first LOL!