DTW to MCO... What happened to Airtran?

We had to do one -way tickets from FNT to MCO on SouthWest Sept 22 and then on return floght MCO to FNT ,we did Delta one -ways on the 27 of Sept . It was the cheapest way for non-stops. Maybe one-ways would work for you. Good luck

tigger2ntinkerbell

DTW prices are driving me INSANE right now, at least to MCO.

Delta is showing up as $478 for my flight! That is insane. I am not flying until November, but WOW! I have looked into flint and GR too. I should probably look at Lansing too, but Yeesh!

We were looking at dates of either around Sept 19-21 and coming home a week from any of those dates. Every one of those dates had a direct flight. I just plugged the dates in again and here's just ONE example of what I found, hope it helps you!

There is a nonstop our of FNT to MCO for a $148 (Web Only price) at 1:35 pm landing 4:15. The return is Sept. 26 at 7:00 pm and landing back at Flint at 9:40 for the same Web only price

There is a 9:30 am flight on Sat 21 that is NONSTOP fro $148 and coming home on Sept 27 at 7:00 pm that is NONSTOP for the same price

Out of Flint, though, not Detroit. SW just rolled that flight into their system; prior to April 15 Airtran ran the same route.

There are pros and cons to going out of Flint. It is a smaller airport, which is nice, and security is usually quicker than at DTW's main terminal. The flight times now look pretty good. But with only one flight per day there's no fallback option if one is cancelled or overbooked, and for us there's the additional cost of parking because we have family that will drop off/pick up at DTW because they're in the area but would have to drive ourselves when leaving from Bishop. And Flint is virtually always more expensive, usually by $80-100 r/t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter