DTD construction from a different vantage point

These are great and disappointing at the same time. I'm absolutely torn between wanting to "like" your photos and then wanting to click "unlike" based on how much work is left to do.

Wow great pics but so much work to be done. Looks like at least a year of work to go. The part I don't get is out on the road why are they raising the roadbed. They are putting in a bridge. Just seems like a lot of expense if they don't expect to ever put a boat under it. Do they have links to views of what the finished project is to look like on the web?

Planet Hollywood looks pretty odd with no water around it, just parked in a sea of dirt. It is kind of hard to believe the scope of what they have torn apart. I was there last August, and from the ground, you just don't realize how large an area they are working on at one time.

Planet Hollywood looks pretty odd with no water around it, just parked in a sea of dirt. It is kind of hard to believe the scope of what they have torn apart. I was there last August, and from the ground, you just don't realize how large an area they are working on at one time.

I remember seeing some otters in that pond before, it was adorable. I wonder if they had access to the big lake? Hopefully Disney relocated the wildlife.

OP, thanks for pics. I had no clue the area was that BIG, really put things in perspective.

It does give a different perspective on the amount of work that is going on there, doesn't it? You see what you can see from the ground and you wonder why it could take this long. Then you see these (thanks for sharing by the way OP) and you see the work being done. It's a LOT!

These are awesome pictures to show the progress. Thanks for sharing. It makes me want to ride characters in flight on our next trip to compare the progress.

To think that was all parking lot and is now going to make DTD really huge with a lot more shops and restaurants. Had to put aside just a little time to tour DTD before now I might need a whole day to enjoy walking around exploring once all that opens.

Funny how different that looks as opposed to what you see while running through the rat maze of walls presently at DtD

Funny how different that looks as opposed to what you see while running through the rat maze of walls presently at DtD

It never really looked like there was that much property there actually. Makes me sad now thinking they could've kept PI and did this there as well. Maybe not ... Wishful thinking I suppose :)

Still. A different view of things to come that's for sure.

Wow great pics but so much work to be done. Looks like at least a year of work to go. The part I don't get is out on the road why are they raising the roadbed. They are putting in a bridge. Just seems like a lot of expense if they don't expect to ever put a boat under it. Do they have links to views of what the finished project is to look like on the web?

Not sure which picture and where exactly you're referring to. But as far as road wise, their expanded to more lanes, building multiple pedestrian bridges that go over the traffic, and what looks like an exit like ramp that connects directly to the top of the parking garage.

I imagine traffic will be pretty nice when it's all done.

Not sure which picture and where exactly you're referring to. But as far as road wise, their expanded to more lanes, building multiple pedestrian bridges that go over the traffic, and what looks like an exit like ramp that connects directly to the top of the parking garage.

I imagine traffic will be pretty nice when it's all done.

Ditto on the traffic flow. As of right now, it's a joke anything near DTD. Coming from EPCOT last night, traffic was backed up a lot. Thankfully we took the 4. Never thought I would actually say that :)

I believe there will also be an exit ramp from the 4 that goes to DTD as well. Part of those ramps I would assume will be for that. And, they are building what can only be pedestrian bridges on the corner of Hotel Plaza Blvd. and Buena Vista Dr. which will help traffic both auto and pedestrian there as well.

Isn't it supposed to be done by fall of next year or so?

"Supposed" to be and being done are far a part most of the time I'm afraid :( I see posts and local news stating at some places they are ahead of schedule ... Others they are behind. Hopefully they cancel each other out and it will be completed on time. #FingersCrossed

I wonder how much business Planet Hollywood is doing these days.

A couple years back, the manager told me that even when PH itself was doing its transformation, they would be able to keep it open most of the time. But it may not really matter. If they're going to close it down fully, this would be the time to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter