DTD bus to Epcot?

WILDERNESSWOMAN

Earning My Ears
Is there a bus from downtown Disney marketplace to Epcot? Are there busses from here to all of the parks and resorts?

There are no direct busses from DTD to any of the parks. Too many folks were parking at DTD (free parking) and then hopping on a bus to a park.

You'll need to take a bus to a resort, and then another bus to the park.

You could take a bus to BC and then walk (or boat) to the International Gateway entrance.

You could walk or take a bus to SSR and then take a bus to the main entrance of EPCOT.

I don't know the logistics of exactly how you'd do it, but I agree that SSR is the closest resort, and if you are able to catch an SSR bus to Epcot that'll save you the time of having to change buses somewhere.

Or you could grab a taxi at any of the four taxi stands at Downtown Disney.

Or do the right thing and stop being a cheapskate and pay the parking fee. :thumbsup2

It's not really fair to the people staying at those resorts (who might I add pay ALOT of money to do so) to not have a place to park their cars. I know they have gates and guards as well and I am sure not sure how lenient they are about parking. I Think it would be less of a hassle to just pay the parking fee unstead doing transfers, etc.

If you hope to arrive at a park early I would not recommend this method. There are a few problems. One is that the buses don't start until DTD opens which can be several hours after a park opens Two is that you may be hasseled by a bus driver (yes, I have seen it happen) Three is that in the early hours you sometimes get the DTD waterpark routes combined so it's nothing if not slow.....

pugdog said:
Or do the right thing and stop being a cheapskate and pay the parking fee. :thumbsup2
pbharris4 said:
It's not really fair to the people staying at those resorts (who might I add pay ALOT of money to do so) to not have a place to park their cars. I know they have gates and guards as well and I am sure not sure how lenient they are about parking. I Think it would be less of a hassle to just pay the parking fee unstead doing transfers, etc.
I'll admit, my original post above said pretty much the same thing as these 2 I quoted. Same type of info, same negative attitude. BUT ...

... then I decided to look at the OP's previous posts.... and I edited/totally changed my post as a result.

The OP's previous posts seem to indicate that she IS, in fact, staying onsite at WDW. It looks like she's doing a split stay of Pop and WL. It appears she qualifies for DME because she'll be using it at least one-way. It appears from her posts that she WILL NOT have a car.

It seems, from all clues available to me, that she's going to be a registered guest at a WDW resort who's planning a day of her vacation and simply wants to get from Point A to Point B in the most efficient way.

We can all get off our self-righteous soap boxes now. I'm saying this to myself, too.

I still would try to plan my day differently. It's just so inefficient! LOL! If I don't have a car I go to DTD late in the day and then just take the bus home or pay for a taxi from DTD to the parks. The only exception MIGHT be MK since I could take a bus to CR and walk, but otherwise... (Or I guess you could bus to the Epcot resort area)

I have used Taxi's around a few times and find they are cheap and faster then Disney for some things (Resort to Resort is a key... Disney has no good way to get from one resort to another and if you are going to dinner I just don't want a bus ride to park, wait on another bus etc....

So vary true that if the are staying on WDW that they deserve the full transportation that Disney provides and our help to get where they want without to much delay. Unfortunately there are to many that hope on asking that same question to get out of paying $10 for parking. Hate to tell the cheaters that your going to spend alot more then that in the world.
To the OP sorry if it seemed like we jumped on you, since you are staying onsite you do deserve the use of any WDW transportation and we will gladly help you figure it out. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter