DTD Bus stop

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Minerva, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Minerva

Minerva DIS Veteran

Where does the bus drop you off/pick you up at Downtown Disney?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

There are really two stops..one at the Marketplace, close to the shops and then another over by Pleasure Island. I can never remember the name of that area since I don't get there too much.

4. Minerva

Minerva DIS Veteran

Thank you! I thought I had read that they discontinued one of the bus stops and since we'll only be going to the Marketplace end I was considering taking a cab if we were going to have to traipse from the other end and back for the bus.

5. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

There used to be a bus stop at the West Side, next to the Cirque du Soleil theater. That is the one that was discontinued. The only two stops are Marketplace and PI. The Marketplace stop is at the far end of the Marketplace (the side where the Rainforest Cafe is.) The PI stop is in the middle of the entire complex and also serves the West Side. Three bus stops were too many for the route; the ride was taking forever.

6. IamCanadian

IamCanadian <font color=blue>Is lurking no more!

7. Minerva

Minerva DIS Veteran

Ahh, that's what I was thinking of then. Thank you.

8. fran99999

fran99999 DIS Veteran

Ok not to hijack the thread but if I wanted to go to the Disney mega store which stop would I get off? I have never been to DTD, and dont walk to well so need the closest stop. TYIAvance
    \

9. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

If it's the World of Disney you want, get off at the Marketplace.

10. WillCAD

WillCAD Where there's a Will there's a way

The Marketplace stop is the closer of the two stops to World of Disney, but you will still have a bit of a walk from the bus to the WOD. I'd say it's about equal to the walk from the MK bus stops to the MK gates, or maybe Epcot bus stops tho the Epcot gates.

Have a look at my maps page for a map of Downtown Disney that will help you to get oriented. There is not much of a sense of scale, but the maps do at least show the layout of the place.

http://willcad.org/disney_maps.html

11. fran99999

fran99999 DIS Veteran

thanx so much. I have an AP to get the discounts I need to shop there. I get lost so easy in small places. I can drive from canada to fl with no map and not get lost once but get me in a mall or with lots of shops and I am a so lost. :rotfl: