DS Needs CHEAP but clean room for 2 nights

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by mamo-4-wdw, Jun 16, 2006.

1. mamo-4-wdw

mamo-4-wdw It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disn

Please recomend a clean safe cheap hotel for my DS16 and his friend to stay July 31-Aug2 2006. They are driving so will have a car. He is paying for this himself(each will have $400) and will not let me help him in any way. They have park tickets already and figure $35 a day for food and $300 in gas to be split. They think they can get a good room for $49 a night. Are they dreaming or am I so spoiled with Disney on site Resorts?

Thank you,
    mamo

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ducklite

ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

They will likely not be allowed to check in to any hotel unless his friend is 18.

Anne

4. mamo-4-wdw

Yes his friend is 21, they work together at the church as sound techs.

5. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

6. rigs32

rigs32 DIS Veteran

Absolutely use Priceline - they might even end up at the All Stars. Use biddingfortravel.com to get you started.

7. Dis31

Dis31 My middle name is Rice Krispy

Yes, I second priceline.... I got All Stars for 36 a night, and if not I believe alot of people got Amerisuites which got pretty good reviews plus free breakfast! :cool1:

8. mommyof3grlz

mommyof3grlz Mouseketeer

Another option is to try Quality Inn Maingate West. We book it through onetravel.com I think it is around $42.00 a night. I think it is more through the choice hotel website. It has always been clean, has free breakfast, and is close to the Disney Parks. I have gone there more than once with just my young girls and myself. I feel safe there. The onetravel website requires payment when booked. Also there is a 1.96 per night resort fee when you check in. We find this hotel to be a good deal for the money. Hope this helps.

9. LandBoatRide

LandBoatRide Earning My Ears

I have to "third" using priceline, specifically using biddingfortravel as an idea of how much to bid for their hotel. They should bid around $35-$40 for a 2.5* hotel in the disney area.

Their other options include cheapos like days inn or travelodge, or (shudder) the real cheapos on 192 like the "Gator Motel", "Magic Castle" etc etc, all the ratty Kissimmee motels.

I recently noticed that many people are getting the 3* Sheraton Safari on priceline in the $40-$45 range this summer also. It is right by Hotel Plaza Blvd in LBV.

10. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

We have stayed 4 or 5 times at www.bestwesternlakeside.com Free wireless internet in Lobby and some rooms, tea/coffee making, fridge, safe. On their site it will probably be over $80 incl tax (not looked) if they use www.hotelmartusa.com they will get a rate of $44 incl tax (resort fee $3.50/night maybe on top but they did not charge us it)
    They have just gone thru a refurb of the rooms (think it is complete but did not affect our last stay)
    There is also a short cut thru to Disnsey, only takes a few minutes to get to Animal Kingdom.

11. mamo-4-wdw

Thank You all for your suggestions! I know their trip will be better because of your help!
    Mamo

12. lawgs

lawgs DIS Veteran

mamo

someone mentioned a website the other day

www.alpharooms.com

they seem to have a good cross section of hotels in their inventory....

they are located in britain but i think wayneg knows about them

it is worth looking