Dry Reisling in Germany

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by kimpossible, Aug 7, 2006.

1. kimpossible

kimpossible DIS Veteran

Anyone know the name of the dry reisling that is sold in the wine shop in Epcot's German Pavillion?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mackey Mouse

Mackey Mouse <font color="blue">Me read the Navigator? I don't

Hmmmmm, I tried to do a search for you. It is not Liebfraumilch by VALCKENBERG, the search I did said it is the German wine for WDW.. I do know about Riesling though so maybe it is not the right one. Hopefully someone else knows the name of this wine you are looking for.

4. kimpossible

kimpossible DIS Veteran

Thanks for trying. It is definitely not the Liebfraumilch. My neighbor is haveing an Octoberfest party and gets annoyed when I am always drinking a non-German wine. So I thought I would track down the name of this one. Unfortunately we are not going to Disney until Nov.

Anyone else have suggestions?

5. we3disneygo

we3disneygo DIS Veteran

:cool1: go to your local Kroger's store, etc. and look at the wine....it won't be hard to find, I think a blue bottle? they'll be several varities. prost! :crazy:

6. maureenmac

maureenmac Mouseketeer

I believe the name of the dry reisling we bought there is Weingut P.J. Valckenberg. We have purchased some excellent Australian dry reislings, but I do not know if that would fit in with the Octoberfest theme.
    Maureen

7. Michele

Michele <font color=blue>You're never too old to sit in a

I bought some in December for a friend. I will call and see if they still have that bottle. But she won't be home until later.

8. molly2004

molly2004 DIS Veteran

Will a wine from Alsace count? I've never bought any wine from WDW Germany, but this one is really nice.

2002 Bott-Geyl, "Riquewihr", Riesling, Alsace

9. RedFamilyLuvDisney

RedFamilyLuvDisney Are we there yet?

Is it called Polka Dot? It on a Blue Bottle and it is really good. I happen to know 'cause I work for Gallo Winery and Polka Dot is now own or associated by Gallo. Yeap, nice to work in a company where you can have a free wine tasting. I should take a picture of it and share it with you if this is the wine you're looking for. I was told you can buy these at Cost Plus or Beverages n More! :thumbsup2

10. Michele

Michele <font color=blue>You're never too old to sit in a

OK, got ahold of my friend. The one we got them had a blue label. I remember they had the same brand but with a green label, also, don't know what the difference was.

Anyway, she said the name was Graff.