Dry Dock again??????????

Eeyore1928

<font color=FF99FF>Believer of Faith, Trust and Pi
I just called DCL about the missing Eastern dates in Aug/Sept/Oct for 2004 and was told that the Magic would be in dry dock again on the Eastern weeks, but the Western cruises were on. This is odd since the Magic is going in for its dry dock this year! Any answers to this? I was hoping it was because of the possible change of course...but dry docking again never occured to me!

I was just on the May 17th Eastern and I was told they are looking at changing the itineraries. It could be that. They are looking at St. Lucia, Puerto Rico, and Antiqua. They won't say for sure until this month or next. When I booked on board that is what Donna the booking agent said.

I might not be right, but I seriously doubt they would dry dock two years in a row. Plus, how can the dry dock one week then do Western the next then dry dock again the following, etc? We were told they dry dock typically every 3 years or so.

I think they don't have that on the calendar to be available because that might be when the "new itinerary test runs" starts. Donna did mention that they were planning test runs for the ports they are thinking about, to make sure it is something Disney wants to do. Again maybe I am wrong.:(

It would not make sence to do dry dock two years in a row, plus that is more time than dry dock usually lasts, it would make no sence to have it in dry dock a week, do the western return to dry dock for a week, western etc,. Nope I think they may be toying with an itinerary change..which could get me to go for cruise number five....

We have booked cruise number 6 and if there is another itinerary then of course we will go for it! :p Temporarily we are booked for December 2004, but we will be changing it to May 2005 when it becomes available.

We didn't want to book for 2004 because we are having a child in November this year and I didn't want to cruise when the baby would only be 6 months old. I know others have done it, but I prefer for the child to be older or be childless. My mother has volunteered already to keep the baby when we go, which we will definantly do! ;) We plan on taking the child when it is old enough to enjoy the cruise and to remember the experience.

Anyway, getting back to the subject, I just spoke with DCL and they said what I was have been thinking all along. There isn't a dry dock scheduled for that year, but, possible change in itinerary.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I thought that is was strange. I really hope it is a change...I am on it if it is. Hopefully they will still stop in St Maarten though.

When we were on the Magic last week they mentioned the dry dock at the DVC members meeting we attended.

They are moving the ESPN club down to replace Off Beat on Deck 3 and then making the Deck 11 ESPN location into a teens club (if I remember correctly).

I'd guess there's other things they're doing as well.

The dry dock is this year 2003 it is last week in September and 1st week in October. I heard the same about the moves. On May 17th cruise the captain spoke at the Castaway Club Members Reception of ESPN turning into Teen Lounge, Common Grounds turning into a Coffee House and OffBeat turning into a Sports Bar. I think it would be nice for a change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter