Dry Cleaning and laundry costs

4KsLUVDisney

Mouseketeer
Anyone who has recently cruised know what the cost for dry cleaning and laundry is on the Wonder? Also what the turn around time is for dry cleaning and laundry?

Anyone who has recently cruised know what the cost for dry cleaning and laundry is on the Wonder? Also what the turn around time is for dry cleaning and laundry?
Here's the laundry list:
Laundry list DCL.jpg

Regular service: returned the next day 5:30 pm
Same day service: add 50% of dry cleaning cost. Call Guest Services for pick up by 9:00 am, returned 5:30 pm
Express service: add 100% express cleaning surcharge. Call Guest Services for pick up, back in 3 hours.

Self service washing machines and dryers are $1.00 a load. They are quite large. Just got off the Wonder Friday. Washing machine took about 30 minutes and dryer was about 40 min. Laundry Soap/Dryer Sheets can also be purchased for $1.00/pack.

Self service washing machines and dryers are $1.00 a load. They are quite large. Just got off the Wonder Friday. Washing machine took about 30 minutes and dryer was about 40 min. Laundry Soap/Dryer Sheets can also be purchased for $1.00/pack.
One note - while the Wonder is still $1.00 per load, the other ships it's $2.00.

Is the charge for just pressing the same as the charge for laundering on the sheet above?

Disregard. I just saw the line about it being 50% of the cost of dry cleaning.

It helps to read everything! :)

One note - while the Wonder is still $1.00 per load, the other ships it's $2.00.

Thanks, for that. I just got off the Wonder last week. I thought I remembered it being $2.00 on the Fantasy, but thought I may have forgotten (2 years ago). The $1/per load was an excellent bargain!

We have never used the self-service laundry washers/dryers on a cruise. We basically feel every single hour is precious to us, and we want to spend it cruising! I know many do use the washroom, we just don't feel the need.

On the other hand, we make quiet a bit of use of the ship laundry/dry cleaning service. We find their prices to be very reasonable (surprised to find that out the first time!), and the quality good. You can find a price list in the stickies, but really just look at your local dry cleaners prices and you'll probably be right on.

On one long cruise we just packed our clothes informally into the suitcases, rather than try to pack them so they wouldn't wrinkle. Then the first day we sent a lot out for pressing. Came back the next day, looked like new, and we were set for the cruise. Since we like to dress nicely for the MDRs, but don't want to carry a lot of clothes, we will send out the first couple of nights' outfits to the cleaners to be ready to wear again later in the cruise.

They generally come back the next afternoon after you give them to the room steward. For an extra charge they have fast service, and for a extra extra charge they have same day service. The details are in the slip in your room, nothing you need to worry about now.

Dry cleaning/laundry is good quality, reasonably priced, and returned the next day. Another inexpensive option to free you up for more cruise enjoyment time!

Two addl questions
1) do you pay for the washer and dryer by scanning your key card? Or do I need to take coins?

2) did they still do the "fill the bag" Laundry promo on the wonder recently?

Tia

Two addl questions
1) do you pay for the washer and dryer by scanning your key card? Or do I need to take coins?

2) did they still do the "fill the bag" Laundry promo on the wonder recently?

Tia
You use your KTTW card for the washers and dryers.

Sorry, don't know about the "fill a bag" we're do-it-ourselves types.

If I get on the ship and get my formal dress sent in to get dry cleaned will it be done by first seati ng the next day? Will u have to pay for same day service?

Having DCL press my husbands dress clothes, is the best money I spend on my account. I send it out and soon as we get our luggage and its back by the next afternoon. I hate ironing, especially on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter