Dropping people off

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Jules123, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Jules123

Jules123 Mouseketeer

We are going to Universal for the first time next month. On Memorial Day, we will be doing Discovery Cove. My DS didn't want to do DC so he and his friend are going to IOA that day. My problem is we are going to have to drop them off on our way to DC as we only have one car. We are planning on being there around 7:45 which means they would have to be dropped off early. IOA doesn't open til 9:00 that day. Taking a taxi from our townhouse would cost around $40 and he doesn't want to have to do that. Any suggestions how they can pass the time til opening? Can they go check out the hotels or what? I hate for them to just sit there for an hour and a half!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BrinkofSunshine

BrinkofSunshine DIS Veteran

They could easily walk or take a boat to any of the three hotels to explore. There's also a Starbucks at CityWalk.

4. Dizisfun

Dizisfun Mouseketeer

They can hang out at City Walk until the parks open. I've spent an entire day just walking around City Walk and people watching.

5. Jules123

Jules123 Mouseketeer

Do you happen to know what time Starbucks usually opens?

6. atricks

atricks Mouseketeer

Not much will be open at citywalk (maybe starbucks) then, but they can walk around citywalk and look, and usually the parks open a bit earlier than the posted time if things are ready, ie 8:45)

7. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I think Pastamore breakfast opens early as well. They can grab a breakfast pizza. They can definitely walk to all the hotels. Have them go on googlemaps and take a look around in the street view. It will give them a good idea of what they can do for that time.

8. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

8:00 for most dates.