Driving with Toddlers - Playgrounds?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by dlwood823, Sep 30, 2012.

1. dlwood823

dlwood823 Earning My Ears

Hi! We'll be driving from the Cleveland, OH area to Disney on October 13. We are taking I-77 S to I-95 S to I-4 W. We are stopping overnight in South Carolina on the way down and North Carolina on the way home. We plan to stop for each meal to get the kids (1 year old and 2.5 year old) out of the car.

Are there any playgrounds we can stop at every couple of hours or anywhere else on the route that you can suggest to let the kids run and play? Thanks in advance !

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Fort Bordeaux

Fort Bordeaux Earning My Ears

Look for McDonalds playrooms.

4. dlwood823

dlwood823 Earning My Ears

Thanks, Fort Bordeaux! We do plan to eat at restaurants that have indoor play areas, but are hoping to find some outdoor ones too to get the kids some fresh air.

5. Hannathy

Hannathy <font color=darkorchid>When I stop laughing I will

When you stop at the fast food playgrounds what we used to do was let the kids play the entire time while we ate and then get their food to go and let them eat in the car. They aren't doing anything in the car anyway and this way it gave them the most time possible to play.

Look for state parks. county parks or rec areas on the map or garmin they usually have either a play ground or something to walk around and look at like a lake or something.

6. Carriemel

Carriemel Emma Clare's Mommy