Driving to the Poly

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by finnster77, Feb 22, 2010.

1. finnster77

finnster77 Mouseketeer

Taking the family for our first stay at the Poly June 4-10..........my question is, do I have to drive through the Magic Kingdom toll gate to get there? I don't see another way on the map I have. If so, do I show them my reservation, or will we have to pay the $14 to get through the gate?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. woodkins

woodkins DIS Veteran

Yes you drive through the toll plaza and bear to the right. You just tell the toll taker where you are going and they wave you through.

4. finnster77

finnster77 Mouseketeer

Great! Thank you.

5. holcomb-mania

holcomb-mania DIS Veteran

Be sure to start out as far to the right as possible, though. I was to the very left and ended up doing the "parking lot loop" and having to re-enter thru the toll plaza!

6. spfldfan

spfldfan Earning My Ears

It is the far right of the plaza and they will blow bubbles at you if you tell them you are arriving for your stay.

7. ols386

ols386 I want to live at Disney World!!

I did that too. So you're not alone.;)

8. heatherlynn444

heatherlynn444 DIS Veteran

me too! Disney should really redo this, it's a mess trying to cross right after you have gone left!

9. Dawgdad

Dawgdad Mouseketeer

and every year when I tell the guy at the Poly guard stand that I have reservations, he says the same thing..."yep - so do I....about letting you in". hehe

10. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

Just before you drive up to the Magic Kingdom toll gates you will see that on the roads the painted the MK Resorts, so stay on lane where you see those words and you will be ok.