1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Driving to port

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by rrcortes, Apr 12, 2012.

1. rrcortes

rrcortes Earning My Ears

First cruise coming up in 5 weeks. We are staying in WDW for 2 days after so are going to rent a car. Is there reasonable priced parking nearby with shuttle service?
    Advice appreciated

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

http://parkcruise.com/
    We used Park N Cruise. $5.99 a day and they have a shuttle to and from the port. They are about a 5-10 minute drive from the ship.

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Yes, Park and Cruise is reasonable....but if it is a rental car, why not do 2 one way rentals? You can rent with a drop off near the port (Budget, Hertz, Avis, Thrifty/Dollar, and Enterprise offer this). After the cruise, rent a car again for whatever comes next.

I just can't see paying to rent and to park the rental.

5. rrcortes

rrcortes Earning My Ears

Thanks for the input. So far, I'm keeping options open. I currently have a car with E Z rental for $70 TOTAL (even though I'm still not 100% comfortable with this company). I haven't been able to get 2 one-way rentals for that price. I'll keep playing around with codes!

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

That's really good....$34 is as good as I've ever gotten a one way rental (including all taxes and fees). Maybe at that rate it is worth paying to park.