Driving to PC. WDW before or after cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Kandjandj, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Kandjandj

Kandjandj Earning My Ears

Hi all. We will be doing the Fantasty Eastern Nov 30 2013. We will be driving from North Mississippi, about 12-13 hrs. Should we drive down early and do a day or so at WDW or do it after? We will be traveling with a 3.5 year old.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. swalesfamily

swalesfamily Mouseketeer

I would go after. We have done it both ways and the parks make you quite tired and who wants to start a cruise tired? When we did the parks first our kids just wanted to sleep the first day and missed the sail away party:eek:

4. Justacruiser

Justacruiser Military Veteran

definately before. You can run yourselves crazy and then rest on the boat.

5. stsomewhere

stsomewhere DIS Veteran

I would go before. Just oin case something delays your drive.

6. DisneyOHFan

DisneyOHFan Livin' for Disney

I would do WDW before the cruise. I always feel like a need a vacation after running around the parks :)

7. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Another vote for before. The parks are a lot of work (especially for mom), the ship is a relaxing vacation. Also, if something happens (flat tire? car problem?) I'd much rather miss one day in the parks than literally miss the ship.

The other thing is that I always found it easier for my daughter to re-enter the "real world" when we got home. They get pretty spoiled on the ship, and I don't spoil that way in the parks. However, she would tend to think that she was going to be waited on. My favorite line was when I looked at her and asked if I looked like our server...no? then get up and get it yourself!

8. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

We drive from Tennessee, which is about the same amount of time. We've always gone down at least one day early. However we found that getting off the ship & then immediately jumping in a car for a 12 hour drive home is no picnic :faint:. So for our last 7 cruises, we do a couple days at WDW after the cruise, before heading home. Believe me it make a big difference. :cool1: