driving to parks

momo2qts

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
This will be our first time staying off site, after years of staying in Disney. We are renting a car and I was wondering about the parking areas at the parks. We are going Aug 30-Sept7.
Are they easy enough to get into. Do they have separate lines for A/P holders, to move things along faster? Or is this not a big deal at all? Prior to this, we just used Disney transportation .:p The funniest thing is, we aren't even sure where the parking areas are. LOL

Parking areas are well marked with signs as you approach the parks (and the road signs to the parks are pretty easy to follow). Parking for MK is at TTC. You will then have to take the monorail or ferry to MK. You can also park at TTC for Epcot and take the monorail, but Epcot does have its own lot. All other parks have their lots near the park entrances.

Remember what section you parked in and what tram stop you are. If you have an AP parking is free. If not, keep your receipt so you don't have to pay at another lot that day (if you drive to another park).

If you're going to hop parks you can either drive or take Disney transportation. If you're hopping between MK and Epcot I suggest just parking at TTC and taking the monorail over.

I don't believe Disney has separate lines for AP holders, but this isn't a problem. Disney is very efficient at getting people into their parks so you can spend money/have fun. Just follow the parking lot employees as they wave you throughthe lot and direct you to a parking space.

I will agree with the last poster. Make certain that you remember your tram stop section. Also, a word of advice, make certain that you remember the license plate number of your vehicle. Car rental agencies really like to rent alot of the same vehicle in the same color. Kind of embarassing to walk up to a car that you think is yours and not have the key work.

I have never had a problem with parking at any of the parks, and the tram wait was negligible coming in. Going out, especially if you're doing Fantasmic at MGM or staying late at MK could be a bit of a wait.

Brian

DemoBri1,

What a great tip to remember the plate number. Never would have thought about that. I laughed at the thought of roaming the parking lot, trying out every car that will look like ours.:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter