Driving to Disney From Michigan

ArithaL

Earning My Ears
I know a lot of us DISNEY Fans have driven from Michigan to Orlando, but for the life of me I can't remember what the city/town is when you cross the Georgia/Florida line what's the first city you come to? We are driving to Disney the day after Thanksgiving and want to stop there before we drive on to Orlando. I remember it being called Vadelia or Valpraso, not sure... P.S. has anyone ever stayed at the Emerald Isle Townhomes off I-92 in Kissimmee?

Thanks for the great knowledge.... and Hats off to our TROOPS in Kuiwat........:bounce:

I think you're thinking of Valdosta, which is in Georgia just before the FL border.

I drove down from Michigan with my two 17YO nieces over Christmas. We stayed over one night in Lake City, FL and then finished up our last couple hours the next morning. That was a nice area to stay in for a night.

Sorry I can't answer your other question about the townhomes.

Good luck with your trip planning! :D

ArithaL

We live in the thumb of the mitten.
A little Michigan humor.
We are leaving the day after Thanksgiving too.
It is a small world.
Have a safe trip!
-Kim
oh2b@WDW!

I don't know how far Lake City is from Orlando. Maybe a couple of hours.

The Pizza Hut in Lake City is awesome-in case you stop there and are hungry.

We usually stop in Lake City for gas, etc. It just seems like a good stopping point whether we are on our way into Florida or on our way out.

Hi, ArithaL. I don't recall distance from Lake City to WDW, but it seems to me that it took about 2.5 hours??? We weren't really clock watching that day, but that's my memory. I do remember that it was a nice easy drive, and we had a lot of the day left after we arrived. :D

We stayed at the Days Inn there for a very reasonable price. It wasn't fancy, but it was clean and well-kept. We ate dinner the night before at Bob Evans, and had continental breakfast at the hotel before we left. Worked great for us. :p

"We usually stop in Lake City for gas, etc. It just seems like a good stopping point whether we are on our way into Florida or on our way out."

gas is 20 - 30 cents cheaper per gallon in GA than in FL---not sure why--but we ALWAYS top off before we cross theborder.

ALWAYS buy gas in Georgia just before crossing into floriday. The state gas tax is about 40 cents lower, so price is that much lower. I live there now and my gas is 1.36 a gallon
Dsanner106

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter