Driving to Canaveral - Park n Cruise Hotels thoughts?

misndug

Earning My Ears
We are going to be driving to Port Canaveral for our cruise in June. I saw a few posts about hotels that have park n cruise packages but didn't see a lot of feedback on security etc. It looks like it's a great deal compared to parking at port. Have you ever stayed at a Cocoa Beach area hotel, left your car there to use their port shuttle? What was your experience? Did you feel your vehicle was secure? Any you would recommend? Thinking something in the Marriott or Hilton line might be best since that's where we have most of our hotel points.

For our last cruise we stayed and parked at the Radisson. We parked almost directly in front of the hotel and did not have any problems. They also offer parking behind the hotel and from what I understand it is not fenced in. We did not have any problems but I have read on here about others who had their car broken in to while it was parked there. For our next cruise we have decided to give the Double Tree by Hilton a try. They offer a shuttle service but I think we are going to either park at the port or give park n cruise a try. Good luck. :)

We have done the park and cruise pkg at the Radisson once and the country inn and suites twice. We had no problems at all. Last cruise we couldn't get to Port Canaveral until late so we just stayed further out and drove in the morning of the cruise. Instead of parking at the port we parked at park and cruise. It was 6 a day when you book online. The lot was gated and fenced.

MAD4EEYORE said:
Instead of parking at the port we parked at park and cruise. It was 6 a day when you book online. The lot was gated and fenced.

I live near PC, so we have no need to stay at the hotels. We used Park N Cruise as well and I was quite happy with the service and fenced lot. I felt better with my car in this location over the hotel lots near the port which are just open parking lots. Like this pp said, for $6 a day, it was worthwhile and cheaper than any other option I could find!

So, what would be the most recommended hotel close to port? Curious as my parents will be staying close the night before we cruise.

So, what would be the most recommended hotel close to port? Curious as my parents will be staying close the night before we cruise.

We have stayed twice at Country Inn & Suites, it is very close to the port - you can see the ships from upstairs windows and about a 5 minute drive. We were very happy with our stay both times - clean rooms, nice breakfast, friendly staff, good shuttle experience. This time we're staying at Hampton Inn @ Cocoa Beach though because the family wants to have access to the beach. Hope we like it as well!

Many of the hotels now charge for parking while cruising. If I have to pay for it, it seems preferable to use one of the fenced, secured facilities that charge the same amount or even less.

The Radisson asks cruise parkers to park behind the hotel--it is not lighted and is not fenced. We had no problems, but there have been reports of occasional break ins. If I were doing it today, I'd use a secure place.

Residence Inn and CI&S also offer parking packages. These 3 hotels are closest to the port.

There's a couple of hotels that teamed up with the port. By booking with them, you get a coupon good for 40% off the port charges. To me that was the best. The hotels are not 5 stars - mostly I-95 style 2-3 stars. Good enough for the night before.

IRRC, Days Inn, La Quinta (not oceanfront) and I believe Best Western were doing this.

Oh - here's the thread with details... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988833

Im not the OP but Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think in a fan of them leaving their vehicle unattended and unlit for that long. Does anyone know if Park n Cruise has any kind of surveillance?

I live near PC, so we have no need to stay at the hotels. We used Park N Cruise as well and I was quite happy with the service and fenced lot. I felt better with my car in this location over the hotel lots near the port which are just open parking lots. Like this pp said, for $6 a day, it was worthwhile and cheaper than any other option I could find!

Hi-do you have the site for park and cruise or that is something easy to find? We are still trying to decide what are the best options for us in August when we cruise!

Hi-do you have the site for park and cruise or that is something easy to find? We are still trying to decide what are the best options for us in August when we cruise!

it is www dot parkcruise.com . Sorry,this is the best I can do with the website address since I am not at the ten post minimum but I am getting there.

it is www dot parkcruise.com . Sorry,this is the best I can do with the website address since I am not at the ten post minimum but I am getting there.

That's great, i really appreciate the help.
Hope to be able to help you in the future too! :)

Just wanted to throw a shout out to Executive Parking in PC. We used it last year and had a really good experience. The parking lot is fenced in with barbed wire on the top and has security cameras and is gated. The check in and shuttle service was fast and friendly. When we arrived back, our car was safe and sound with nothing inside disturbed. Would recommend to anyone. $5.95 per day if you book in advance. $6.99 if you don't.

Are we saying that parking at the Cruise Terminal is Unsafe? Or just Expensive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!