Driving Thru Atlanta,Georgia..What's best way??

disnut8 said:
go to one of the zillion Waffle Houses (some exits actually have two because we wouldn't want anyone to have to drive 100 more yards) and wait it out.

LOL, they have two because its too hard to make a left turn so they have one on either side of the street! Our Waffle House is great because it over looks the Ferrari and Masserati dealerships so you watch the guys washing the cars all afternoon. :earseek:

Are you referring to the Pharr Road at Piedmont location for Waffle House?

Okay--now to change the direction of this thread slightly from comfort food faves....

Do y'all go straight through on 75 through central FLA and Orlando then go east to the Port, or does anyone else do like we do and cut over on I-10 to Jax and then go south on 95 to the bee-line. the mileage is very close either way...just tends to suit our needs for friday nights after work to drive down before a saturday embarkation, we can get about as far as Jax before calling it a night, and there are plenty of hotel options there, whereas a comparable stopping time toward orlando...leaves us in the middle of nowheresville.

as Linda Richman would say, "discuss"

I think on the way down we will do the I-10 thing to get to the port. On the way back, we'll go through Kissimmee since I just talked the husband into a one night visit to Disney World. That wasn't that hard to do. Choices - spending your Saturday night with your parents at Cocoa Beach (definitely low thrills) or going to Disney World with your Annual Passport and your lovely wife? Hope it was the lovely wife part that got him.

I was refering to the Waffle House on Highway 9 in Either Roswell or Alpharetta (not sure where the city limits are there) Does this mean we have TWO Ferrari dealers in town? wow. I musta missed the gravy train when it came to town.

As for traveling - we go through Jacksonville as well. We usually try to tie our trips to WDW with a quick visit to old friends in Jacksonville. And usually the traffic is much more sane on that route. Do you go straight thru JAcsonville or take the by pass around? By pass used to be quicker druing the day but I am not so sure now - and the city is too pretty to miss especially at night.

We are flying for our cruise though. DH wants it to be a "real" vacation for himself so we are taking Marta to the airport and a limo to the port. Thinking about 3 kids and suitcases on Marta makes me think we might take a limo to the airport as well, but I think the kids would love the train ride (they have never been downtown since we moved back - Scottish RIte is as far south as any of them have been and she was in the back of an ambulance at the time)

Cruella

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter