DRiving from Windsor Hills

Mickey2013

Mouseketeer
Seriously considering renting at Windsor Hills the next trip for space and price. Can anyone comment on how tough travel to and from parks will be with kids ages 10, 7, 5? DH is not interested in driving, he would rather stay onsite, but sees the deal in getting more space. I would like the space and keep thinking the drive won't be too bad. How much of a hassel is it really? We would take a mid-day break each day and do only Disney. Your comments are MUCH appreciated.

We stayed at Windsor Hills in 2008 and will be staying there again this June. It is very easy to get to and from the parks. Windsor Hills is only about 5 minutes from the highway that takes you right to the parks (don't remember the name of the highway, sorry). You do have to pay for parking each day which you wouldn't have to do if you stayed onsite but it was very much worth it to us. We LOVED the extra room, the full kitchen, and the washer and dryer in the condo which allowed us to pack less and do laundry a few times. We won't ever do Disney again without staying there.

Hope this helps.

Driving to the parks is very easy. You can either use the Sherberth Rd entrance or World Dr. You can be at the AK parking lot in less than 7 minutes. Just take a good look at a map and it's very easy.
Here's a map and Windsor Hills is #1 , the red line is the shortcut using Sherberth Rd. You can also use World Dr. to get to Disney by turning right at the 192 intersection. It's just a couple of miles east and you take the exit for World Dr/Disney.
We live in a rural area of Nova Scotia and have no problem getting around that area of Kissimmee/Disney. :thumbsup2
Map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...8.272032,-81.608849&spn=0.068335,0.11055&z=13

Driving from Windsor Hills is very easy, direct and most importantly, very short. I think the longest drive we had was 20 minutes and that was when all the parks were letting out and World Center Dr. was packed. We stayed in WH this past November and I swear, we'll never go back to a traditional hotel. Well, never say never, but WH offers so much more for the money. Our villa was a 3 bed/2 bath house with its own pool and hot tub. It had a full kitchen and washer/dryer. It was so nice having the privacy of our own home. The neighborhood also has gated access, so it's nice and safe. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Driving from Windsor Hills is very easy, direct and most importantly, very short. I think the longest drive we had was 20 minutes and that was when all the parks were letting out and World Center Dr. was packed. We stayed in WH this past November and I swear, we'll never go back to a traditional hotel. Well, never say never, but WH offers so much more for the money. Our villa was a 3 bed/2 bath house with its own pool and hot tub. It had a full kitchen and washer/dryer. It was so nice having the privacy of our own home. The neighborhood also has gated access, so it's nice and safe. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Do you have a website for this villa ? The only places that I know of in WH with 3 bedrroms and 2 baths are condos. The smallest ones with regular private pools and hot tubs are the 4 br and 4 bath pool homes. It's usually just two of us that go so I'd be interested in this villa.

The drive is REALLY not a hassle. Getting to the parks will take 5 minutes to AK, 15 to the TTC. Getting from your car to the entrance depends on when you get there, if you take the tram, etc. When we went in January, we could leave the house 30 minutes before park opening and be waiting at the turnstiles for all parks except MK. It takes about 45 for MK, just because you have to take the ferry or monorail. We took mid day breaks most days and had no problem at all. We knew that when we got to the car, we would be in our condo within 15 minutes. Coming home, you take the 192 exit, you go through one light and then you turn left. It was so close we missed our turn the first night. Quick and easy, every store or restaurant you might need is right there on 192, and the convenience of having so much space compared to a hotel room is wonderful.

Do you have a website for this villa ? The only places that I know of in WH with 3 bedrroms and 2 baths are condos. The smallest ones with regular private pools and hot tubs are the 4 br and 4 bath pool homes. It's usually just two of us that go so I'd be interested in this villa.

Did you ever get a web site? I'm curious too. :)

Did you ever get a web site? I'm curious too. :)

The Story Time 3bed/2 bath condo we stayed in at Windsor Hills last fall did have a private pool. It was smallish, but my kids loved it and it would be nice for 2 people. We are using them again in October. I would recommend the owners- they have been pleasant to work with both times. You can see a picture of it on the website.

http://www.storytimeorlandorental.com/

I think they probably mean a 3 bed, 3 bath townhome (some people seem to refer to townhomes as condos for some reason). There are no 3 bed, 2 bath condos at Windsor Hills with pools. Looking at the link provided above, these are townhomes.

Sandy

I used homeaway.com to book our condo. Look under FL, then Disney, then Kissimmee, then select Windsor Hills. On the left side you can choose from condos, villas (townhomes) or homes. You'll have pics and reviews of them all. Very easy. You can see availability, amenties, prices, etc.

My kids were 14, 11 and 7 our first stay at WH. I'm not sure I could ever go back to on property. We found it MUCH easier to drive to and from the parks than relying on WDW transportation and we took midday breaks.
We stayed in a condo.

We are rope drop people so we had a close parking spot every morning and after our midday break, we got an even closer parking spot on our return.

I was most concerned about parking at the MK but found it to be easy. If you decide to ride the tram, the wait is very quick. We parked close enough to walk a lot of the time. We usually rode the ferry in the am. I have some great pictures!

Save the money, you won't regret it!

If you take a midday break and go back to the same park, do you need to pay for parking again?
Thanks, our first time in Windsor Hills will be October.

If you take a midday break and go back to the same park, do you need to pay for parking again?
Parking is good all day at all disney parks. You can come and go as much as you want.

You can go to a different park too. One parking fee good all day.

I was surprised at how easy it was to drive to the parks from WH. Much faster than waiting for and riding on the buses. We used World drive and not the Sherbeth road "short cut" just because the kids loved driving through the gates every morning. It was so nice at the end of a long day to just get in the car and go back to the condo instead of waiting for and standing on the crowded bus,

Midday breaks were actually easier. We hardly ever did them before because we felt that waiting for the bus, especially in the middle of the day when they run less frequently, was just a hassel. But midday breaks at the condo were very easy,

We are going back to WH this summer. We love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter