Driving from South Central PA

oylerfam1

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide if we may want to drive for our next trip. We would be coming from York, PA, which is about 40 minutes north of Baltimore, MD. Just wondering from anyone who has made this drive in the past. What is the best way to tackle the drive. We will need a rest stop overnight. My plan would be to leave at 4am on Friday to beat the morning traffic around Baltimore and D.C. How far should I drive? I would like to be ale to get to Disney with only about 5 hours of driving on Saturday. Any hints or tips for doing this?

Try mapping it out on google maps. Your idea about avoiding DC/Baltimore traffic is a good start.

we do the drive from Lancaster to Disney and I try to get as close to the Ga border as possible. Point South, SC area. you did not say which day you are returning but if you are getting back to Pa on a Sunday watch the diamond lanes as they are usually open for north bound which causes backups where they rejoin 95. last trip took back took us over 2 hours to clear DC and Baltimore

Can only speak about 5 hours or so from Orlando ( live in the Philadelphia area). When we did drive we stayed in Walterboro, SC which is about 5 hours from Orlando. Any place from there south to the Georgia border would fit your needs.

Live about 2 hours further north (Williamsport area) and have done both Walterboro and the Gateway/Savannah area. Any place from Walterboro south will get you to WDW in under 5 hours. Save travels.

Trying to decide if we may want to drive for our next trip. We would be coming from York, PA, which is about 40 minutes north of Baltimore, MD. Just wondering from anyone who has made this drive in the past. What is the best way to tackle the drive. We will need a rest stop overnight. My plan would be to leave at 4am on Friday to beat the morning traffic around Baltimore and D.C. How far should I drive? I would like to be ale to get to Disney with only about 5 hours of driving on Saturday. Any hints or tips for doing this?

For point of reference, I am an hour and ten minutes form the DE Memorial Bridge. I leave 2:30 am, pass DC area at 5:30 am, and arrive in the Orlando area around 7pm, give or take depending on weather, traffic, stops....

From york too...30 to 83 south to 95 south

Well it's official! We will be heading back down to WDW in March 2016. My daughter will be performing with her dance company. SO excited to see that. We are driving. It's really the only way for us to be able to go back so soon. I know its over 8 months away. But, I have nothing better to do so I'm already planning the drive. We are leaving on a Saturday and planning to go to Sarasota for a day or to visit friends before heading to WDW. Here is my preliminary plan so for. Planning to leave around 2am on Saturday morning. I figure this will get us to South of the Border around 9:30-10:00 (my wife wants to stop). I would like to make it to around Jacksonville before stopping for the day. I figure we should get to Jacksonville around 4:00-5:00 in the evening with a couple quick stops. Get up Sunday morning and drive to Sarasota. Does this sound reasonable? At least for the getting to Jacksonville portion. I would like to do the drive all in one day. But, many factors will come into play for that to happen. Thanks

Well it's official! We will be heading back down to WDW in March 2016. My daughter will be performing with her dance company. SO excited to see that. We are driving. It's really the only way for us to be able to go back so soon. I know its over 8 months away. But, I have nothing better to do so I'm already planning the drive. We are leaving on a Saturday and planning to go to Sarasota for a day or to visit friends before heading to WDW. Here is my preliminary plan so for. Planning to leave around 2am on Saturday morning. I figure this will get us to South of the Border around 9:30-10:00 (my wife wants to stop). I would like to make it to around Jacksonville before stopping for the day. I figure we should get to Jacksonville around 4:00-5:00 in the evening with a couple quick stops. Get up Sunday morning and drive to Sarasota. Does this sound reasonable? At least for the getting to Jacksonville portion. I would like to do the drive all in one day. But, many factors will come into play for that to happen. Thanks

I am about an hour and ten minutes from the DE Memorial Bridge, leave 2:30 AM and am usually in the Jacksonville area around 5 PM, give or take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!