Driving from Miami, Car Seat Questions

Goodwill234

Earning My Ears
Hello! My wife and I, with our two sons, one 2 year old and one 3 month baby, are going to Disneyworld at the end of February. We're flying into Miami first, staying for a couple days there, and then driving to Orlando. I have a couple questions, if anyone has any experience with this.

1. Does anyone have experience renting car seats along with a car? We're planning on renting a car once we get into Miami airport, but car seat rentals are pretty expensive for our entire duration of the trip. I know there's a Walmart nearby the airport, and I wouldn't mind purchasing the carseats for my kids from there as it would save me a bit of money, but I'm not sure how to get from the airport to the Walmart. I thought about renting a Silvercar for a few hours, to drive from the airport to the Walmart and then back to the car rental place. Anyone have any experience or advice?

2. Once we're at Disneyworld, we're staying off site at the Best Western in Disney Springs. Would we be able to use Disney Resort transportation? My plan was to walk over to Disney Springs, get on a Disney Resort Bus and take it to one of the resorts that has a monorail to head over to Magic Kingdom, is this allowed?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Tbh I'd probably bite the bullet and bring the car seats, and spend money on getting some padded car seat carriers (or a large duffel and blankets). Its a pain, to be sure, but at least you know you have a good car seat.

Unfortunately I've no experience with staying near Disney Springs, so I can't help you there.

I can't answer your car seat questions, but you might want to see how much it would cost to just bring your own car seats with you.

If you will have a rental car, why don't you just drive to the TTC and park there? Parking is $20 per day. You could walk to Disney Springs and take a bus to a resort and then go to MK from there. But be aware that buses don't start running from there until 8:30-9:00 ( because DS stores don't open until later) and don't run frequently until later in the day. It could take well over an hour to get to MK. It's not something I would recommend.

Your hotel should have some kind of shuttle arrangement of their own.

Last edited:
Agree with bringing your carseats. It's only a pain for the airport, but after that you don't have to think about it anymore.

A walk + a wait for a bus + bus + monorail sounds like a huge enterprise to get to MK and absolutely EXHAUSTING on the way back after a long day at the park. Your resort may have direct buses (have you checked?) Otherwise, I would drive to MK.

I can't answer your car seat questions, but you might want to see how much it would cost to just bring your own car seats with you.
Car seats are usually free to check for he major airlines. Not sure about ones like Sunwing or the discount US carriers.

We have just always brought our own car seats. It was always free to check them in with the airline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter