Driving back to Ontario from wdw along I 75

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi: Driving back from wdw late Nov. I would like to know where I would approximately be after ten hours of driving and also where does 12 hours of driving put me. Stopping only briefly.

Deb.

10 hours puts you around Knoxville, TN
12 hours puts you around Lexington, KY

Also, starting with Lexington you should be hitting a city about every hour - Cincinnati, Dayton, Lima, Findlay (ok these two aren't big, but they've got business hotels and chain restaurants), Toledo and Detroit.

Come to my part and spend your first night in Windsor. Get an early jump on traffic the following day being 5 minutes from the Detroit border but on the safe side. :)

I highly recommend the "Along I-75" book - it is awesome!!

It has a page for roughly every 30 minutes of driving - points out all the interesting things along that stretch, plus food, fuel and rest stops/hotels.

It was a life saver for us when we went in 2014 - I had updated my GPS and got a "not enough memory" message, so chose to just update Canada and the upper States. Did not know until we crossed the border at 1am and went to plug in a stop we had planned in Marietta Georgia, that the stupid update had DELETED all the other maps but the update. So we relied on the book to get us to Georgia. It was awesome!

We managed to buy a cord to fit into it and were able to update the lower States at our first hotel - but the book was fantastic for being able to estimate approximately where we would be by a certain time of day. Totally worth the $20 at Chapters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!