Driving and Breweries and the DIS megameet ... oh my! *new Aug 3rd ... just back - a quick review*

Um......haven't seen the Welcome show? Have yet to watch FoF AND have never eaten at Chef Mickey's?? This may be the first report of yours I'm following but I've seen you around enough to know that something's wrong with this information! My brain is having trouble processing it all.......

I'm with you on the Jungle Book show - even though the reviews aren't great I still want to see it. Since we weren't going until November I didn't think I'd have a chance but just this morning DH and I planned a quick adults only getaway for next month so I'll get my chance :) I value others' opinions but for the most part I like to see/try things for myself, also.

Don't feel too bad about not having seen the Welcome Show-my family hasn't, either, and we're the type of people who like to be at the parks before opening! Somehow, we've always just missed it. I hope you guys enjoy Chef Mickey's! Despite the bad reviews I remember it being one of my favorite meals when I was younger.

the Nomad Lounge at Tiffins.

That looks very peaceful and relaxing and the type of place you could just sit and hang out all day. Too bad you never have time to do that while at Disney. Or I don't know about you, but when I am at Disney I start to feel guilty spending too much time just hanging out not doing anything because there is never enough time to do it all!

You guys are so close, how exciting!

Trying breakfast at Kona will be nice, and the Mega Meet Hunt sounds fun! Dinner at HDD will be fun for your family, I always hear good things about it!

I can't believe you've never seen the Welcome Show! Hope you guys make it to see it (yes usually 15-20 mins before park opening).

I'm glad you'll get to go to the podcast taping, I'm sure you are looking forward to that.

I feel like Chef Mickey's is something everyone wants to try at least once. Hope you have a good experience!

Animal Kingdom day sounds great!

Epcot day sounds great too. I think you have good strategies for Frozen Ever After. And dinner sounds like it will be nice, fingers crossed that you get that otuside table!!

Love reading your plans - getting me excited for our trip, since we have some of the same/similar things planned. We are tentatively doing Spice Road for Illuminations our first night (before Lauren arrives the next day). Haven't been there yet. Also have our first Chef Mickey's planned. We have Tiffins dinner, but that Nomad Lounge looks like a nice option too. Can't wait to hear all about how these things are for you!

That's neat that you have some of the same things planned - and even some that are for the "first time" for you as well.

I'd love to try Tiffins at somepoint but just the price point worried me a little bit - especially with paying for Tusker House that day already and knowing I will spend / donate money as part of the meet up. I believe you can get the full Tiffins menu at the lounge as well in addition to the special lounge menu so that seemed like a good place to try

Um......haven't seen the Welcome show? Have yet to watch FoF AND have never eaten at Chef Mickey's?? This may be the first report of yours I'm following but I've seen you around enough to know that something's wrong with this information! My brain is having trouble processing it all.......

I'm with you on the Jungle Book show - even though the reviews aren't great I still want to see it. Since we weren't going until November I didn't think I'd have a chance but just this morning DH and I planned a quick adults only getaway for next month so I'll get my chance :) I value others' opinions but for the most part I like to see/try things for myself, also.

I do have a bit of an excuse with regards to Festival of Fantasy as it only has been around for one of our trips to WDW (we did Disneyland last year instead) and we were all set to watch it - but then it got cancelled due to rain (which actually stopped before parade time but I guess not early enough ... so we did get to see the Rainy Day Calvacade :|

I think the Jungle Book show got a bad rap as people were comparing it to what Rivers of Light is supposed to be and when it was more of dancing and music and not a full "show" they didn't like it - also I heard some tech issues with the water screens at the beginning which didn't help it's reputation. Now knowing what to expect I think it will be fine - and like I said, we were planning to do breakfast at TH anyway.

Don't feel too bad about not having seen the Welcome Show-my family hasn't, either, and we're the type of people who like to be at the parks before opening! Somehow, we've always just missed it. I hope you guys enjoy Chef Mickey's! Despite the bad reviews I remember it being one of my favorite meals when I was younger.

It's not like we have purposely avoided the welcome show or anything - just that we tend to always do pre-park opening ADRs and a lot of our recent trips we have done the Military tickets where are 4 days so we generally will only have one morning in MK. This trip we have two and we are not doing a pre-park opening ADR (since the moved what time park opening was) so no excuse this time!

I think also with Chef Mickey's I am not expecting 4 star food - I just hope it tastes fresh and there is enough variety that everyone will find something they like and we get good character interaction. And does feel like one of those places to try at least once

That looks very peaceful and relaxing and the type of place you could just sit and hang out all day. Too bad you never have time to do that while at Disney. Or I don't know about you, but when I am at Disney I start to feel guilty spending too much time just hanging out not doing anything because there is never enough time to do it all!

Yeah, we definitely don't usually have a ton of down time at Disney, though I think since we have started traveling with young kids it has forced us to take more breaks and watch more parades, etc. - so that has been a nice unexpected impact. And that is one good thing about summer - they have the longer park hours and then with the heat us northern bodies will have to take a mid-day break!

You guys are so close, how exciting!

Trying breakfast at Kona will be nice, and the Mega Meet Hunt sounds fun! Dinner at HDD will be fun for your family, I always hear good things about it!

I can't believe you've never seen the Welcome Show! Hope you guys make it to see it (yes usually 15-20 mins before park opening).

I'm glad you'll get to go to the podcast taping, I'm sure you are looking forward to that.

I feel like Chef Mickey's is something everyone wants to try at least once. Hope you have a good experience!

Animal Kingdom day sounds great!

Epcot day sounds great too. I think you have good strategies for Frozen Ever After. And dinner sounds like it will be nice, fingers crossed that you get that otuside table!!

I know - really close! We leave after work this Thursday! Really hit us over the weekend that we aren't really ready - but we made a lot of progress with packing, etc. so I feel a bit better. I am sure there will be some scrambling that last day and we will wind up leaving later than I would like, but oh well.

Olivia is really looking forward to the scavenger hunt so I hope it works out well. Knowing her she will get frustrated if she isn't able to complete a lot of it so we shall see. The organizers said it is definitely family friendly so I think it will work out. I've also exchanged with Kevin (from the podcast) via twitter and he and John are doing the scavenger hunt so will be nice to see them there as I haven't met them yest (they haven't come to the Hershey meets)

We just always do pre-park opening ADRs so never really had the chance to see the Welcome show - but we have two chances this time so I will make it happen!

Yeah, I kinda felt that was about Chef Mickey's and figured if they really are going to have a big price increase, now is the time to do it!

I hope EPCOT works out and we get to the Frozen Ride at least once - that is definitely something Olivia is really looking forward too. We have some other "must dos" for our second EPCOT day ... it isn't too much each day but if things don't work out well the first day it might make the second day stressful - but we shall see!

Part 12 - Thursday, July 28th - Magic Kingdom

Back to the Magic Kingdom again this day! If we didn't manage to catch the welcome show on Monday than that will be a priority for this day. Either way we will want to be here for rope drop to make the most use of the time.

Originally we had booked a pre-park opening ADR at Crystal Palace - we (Judi especially) love the puffed French Toast and meeting Pooh and friends is always fun - but a key draw for us is that opportunity to get pictures on Main St without a ton of people. Well, we booked the ADR for 8:05am with a park opening of 9am ... but a few weeks ago they changed the times so now the park opens at 8am and thus the ADR isn't for before park opening anymore. So we have decided to skip Crystal Palace. A bit of a bummer but in same ways a blessing in disguise as we were set to have 2 sit down meals that day and actually wound up adding a third (more on that later) so losing one is probably for the best.

The plan this day is to focus on Adventureland and Tomorrowland and then hitting up anything else we missed the first day or want to do again. So at rope drop we will head right into Adventureland and hope to hit up the Jungle Cruise and Pirates with minimal wait times. Then we will head up into Liberty Square to get breakfast at Sleepy Hallow as the Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich with Chocolate Hazelnut Spread is something we haven't tried yet and I think that needs to be remedied (we've had the spicy chicken waffle sandwich but none of the sweet ones)

Sleepy-hollow-waffle.jpg

If we are doing good on time we will also look to get in a ride on the Haunted Mansion

From then we will cut over and ride Under the Sea, Ariel's Search for Additional Limbs as we have a FP+ for that @ 9:55 to 10:55. If the wait isn't too bad and we are doing ok on time we may look to do the meet with Ariel as well.

After that we will shoot down into Tomorroland as we have a FP+ for Space Mountain @ 11:00am -12 noon. Maybe ride the people mover or do something else in that area as well if time.

Then we go back to Adventureland as we booked an ADR for Skipper's Canteen @ 11:45. (definitely a bit more back-and-forth than I would like but how it kinda worked out with what we wanted to FP and then when they added the advanced booking ADRs for Skippers). This is one place we really wanted to try, despite some less than stellar reviews - or at least mixed reviews. I am glad that it seems like other than adjusting the kids menu a little bit they haven't drastically changed the menu yet. Some of the appetizers look really good to me (the arepas and the fish collar) as well as some of the entrees (the pork and the duck noodle bowl). If anyone has any recommendations though, very open to it as I have read a lot of different (and sometimes conflicting) thoughts on this place

Jungle-Cruise-Jungle-Navigation-Co-Ltd-Skipper-Canteen-entrance-700x525.jpg

After lunch we have one last FP+ and that is for Magician Mickey @ 12:40-1:40pm. This is yet another thing we haven't done before .. though in our defense with this one we have gone to this meet since they debuted Talking Mickey but it was back when it wasn't always the talking version you got and we only got regular old silent Mickey ... but I think now it is pretty much full time talking Mickey so I am excited to experience that.

Then we will exit for our mid-day break - rest and swimming .. though will will look to see what other FP for the evening are available before heading out - or on the app on the way out.

For the evening not set plans - so probably just hitting up what we haven't gotten to that we want to and/or do again. Also, we plan to get rider swaps for the various mountains that we have FP+ for over our two MK days (7 Dwarfs, Big Thunder, Splash, and Space) so if we haven't used them all up yet I am sure we will use some this evening as I want to ride both Big Thunder and 7 Dwarfs at least at night (love the former at night, haven't ridden the later at night yet)/

the one set plan we do have is that we have a dinner ADR for Be Our Guest @ 5:45pm. Yet another thing we have never done yet (we've done lunch twice but in the past, despite a lot of trying I was never able to get a dinner ADR). I am really looking forward to trying this meal out and I have an unreasonable desire to have an adult beverage inside the Magic Kingdom so some wine will likely be in order. Again, any recommendations for what to get (or what to avoid) at dinner would be appreciated. I've had the roast pork for lunch and loved it - but would like to try something that is only available at dinner.

BeOurGuestRestaurant-3-600x397.jpg

Then we will see how we are doing ... if we've seen the night time shows and fireworks already we might head out a bit on the early side as we will need to pack as we will be checking out of Bonnet Creek the next morning and want to make rope drop at the park for that day (EPCOT again). But if things haven't worked out we will stay as we definitely want to see Wishes at least once

TTFN

Sounds like a nice (and busy) day at MK! I'm sorry you have to skip out on Crystal Palace but it sounds like its for the best- can't waste that precious morning time! I'm excited for you to try BOG for dinner. I've gotten the steak there and really enjoyed it.

Loving the plans so far!

We really enjoyed Sci-Fi when we did it, though we went a pretty simple route for our meals - we just got the appetizer popcorn chicken, which was a really large portion, so that was great for us.

That Mega Meet Hunt sounds really fun! I'm sure, if they're planning it with in mind the fact that a lot of families with children will participate, they'll try to keep the little ones in mind, and I hope Olivia has as great a time as she's anticipating :)

Also, definitely jealous about that Hoop De Doo dinner! Still on my to-do list *sigh* Maybe 2018, or 2019, who knows :P

No judging for missing the welcome show. Sometimes it's hard to fit it in. I think we've only ever caught it fully once, or maybe twice. It is a cute show, definitely worth seeing. I'd say maybe try to get there a bit sooner than 15 minutes prior to opening, though, otherwise you won't see much since crowds will already have built.

Interesting take on the safari FP+. I wish I'd looked that up. All I saw was that the nighttime safari wasn't really well lit, so it didn't seem worth it. Oh well, we'll fit it in somehow XD At least we do have Expedition Everest at night!

(I've just made it that far for now, will have to catch up on the other updates later!)

Sounds like a nice (and busy) day at MK! I'm sorry you have to skip out on Crystal Palace but it sounds like its for the best- can't waste that precious morning time! I'm excited for you to try BOG for dinner. I've gotten the steak there and really enjoyed it.

Yeah, I am hoping this is one of those days that reads busier than it will actually be. It's funny, at first I was bummed/annoyed that the plan for the pre-park opening CP ADR got messed up but I am actually getting ok with it. I think I realized having 3 table service meals that day was really too much and also the cost savings for cancelling that meal cover the Star Wars dessert party so that made me feel better about that as well

1 vote for the steak! ;)

Loving the plans so far!

We really enjoyed Sci-Fi when we did it, though we went a pretty simple route for our meals - we just got the appetizer popcorn chicken, which was a really large portion, so that was great for us.

That Mega Meet Hunt sounds really fun! I'm sure, if they're planning it with in mind the fact that a lot of families with children will participate, they'll try to keep the little ones in mind, and I hope Olivia has as great a time as she's anticipating :)

Also, definitely jealous about that Hoop De Doo dinner! Still on my to-do list *sigh* Maybe 2018, or 2019, who knows :P

No judging for missing the welcome show. Sometimes it's hard to fit it in. I think we've only ever caught it fully once, or maybe twice. It is a cute show, definitely worth seeing. I'd say maybe try to get there a bit sooner than 15 minutes prior to opening, though, otherwise you won't see much since crowds will already have built.

Interesting take on the safari FP+. I wish I'd looked that up. All I saw was that the nighttime safari wasn't really well lit, so it didn't seem worth it. Oh well, we'll fit it in somehow XD At least we do have Expedition Everest at night!

(I've just made it that far for now, will have to catch up on the other updates later!)

Thanks - definitely value your opinion!

Good to know about the popcorn chicken appetizer - might be a way to go or sharing that with something else ... especially if we are feeling shakes and dessert ;)

I am like 99% sure we will be good for the scavenger hunt but I know Olivia gets upset when she gets frustrated (I think because a lot of stuff like that - problem solving type things - come easy to her that when she can't do something (even if it is totally unrealistic for a 7 year old to be able to do it) she gets upset) - so just worried in the back of my mind

Obviously I am speaking from someone who hasn't gone yet but from what I have read and other reviews, the Hoop Dee Doo review seems like something you and Amber would definitely enjoy!

Thanks! yeah, definitely want to get there earlier than just the 15 minutes but just wanted to know how early it went. Figure we will try to be through security at least 1/2 hour before, so probably parking the car at the TTC no much after 7am

I've been pretty into reviews of the evenings at Animal Kingdom and from what I read the sarafi when it is really dark is not great - hard to see the animals and then when you get to the "sunset" part it is shocking and fake looking, etc. ... but if you go right around real sunset they animals are often quite active and everything looks pretty good. Guess we shall see

Thanks for commenting!

The same thing happened to me. I had snagged a great pre-rope drop ADR for CP. Fortunately, I checked the opening times again a few weeks before the trip to see they had pushed it earlier to an 8am opening! I would have been so sad to have shown up without knowing that ahead of time. I also cancelled the ADR. While I do lovelovelove that Puff French Toast and a picture with Eeyore, without the empty Main Street Magic, it is not worth it to me.

Our experience at Skipper's Canteen was mixed. DH Noodle bowl with tofu was so bland! Like a step below bland if there is one. Like bland to the blandest power. However, my Currie Vegetable Crew Stew was really good! Our waiter was really funny and played his part well. We sat in the main crew mess hall but the other rooms looked a lot more fun. As for BoG, the thrill of getting the ADR for dinner was the best part IMHO. I like lunch a whole lot better! But this is coming from a vegetarian, and the dinner options are not as good for me.

Of course there is one great thing about dinner at BoG!

FVF2uX4aZ4EBxCWbomxG0l966DNT8o6RCYzb20RUZswFKctVgTcctA70tliGWFg-z9FZv5CZ9Gw6uXEsgcGVdLWerD7pDoZ-u1Bi3CrnRgribJ9EMt6RCJTpXYF1flbS--loccO_5RykKgq0lUQ_Vk5S8bx2mgVHfLjkVcfdGwXOQi2OuuJYmb-JoBpZXbXi2SWf_0UHTkl8lqyRUy7xcSPh2Pplj3enngIDNxKPLxE7ApT9SxHFajM8mYN60L3iUOKSeDzifR_vyFDibm2AUbqtJlOjo-N7ubOao4Bb1tc92w5aXC_Q0ExdUCsamXULjc79snYI5_hKxIIUeMvSw64sddksWThqkNLFKCt7QMRBRxXKTU-G1HHcsnK1N1Yi1KVe0z2uY5RSF4mP4rYjIlZJSPXRKZig8BVbJptJtdSr4xY1erdSuNZo7iBbf-oe0m1pX43h1IGh5_aUzHBmO2p8pDsSt8CYs8aGHvj_jiu9CCS_O-w1ESSfK4pv7NS8vBeVN8ebhhs79CcTMT0DrZDiD8zT0xDnT5t-pUvgPRxuoVWG7xlvBNIL2DO5P3XXMWR84igsEqUAfK68IZxLHMKzqU6l1hU=w1982-h1316-no

Two things we haven't tried but want to: the fruit and Nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow and Skipper Canteen :) I did just book lunch at Skipper Canteen for August so I can knock that off our list-
Now BOG dinner is another story! We've eaten dinner there 5x and it's definitely one of our favorite TS meals, especially DS10 who has requested it every trip since our first time there in Nov. 2012. We'll be back a 6th time this Nov :thumbsup2 I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

The same thing happened to me. I had snagged a great pre-rope drop ADR for CP. Fortunately, I checked the opening times again a few weeks before the trip to see they had pushed it earlier to an 8am opening! I would have been so sad to have shown up without knowing that ahead of time. I also cancelled the ADR. While I do lovelovelove that Puff French Toast and a picture with Eeyore, without the empty Main Street Magic, it is not worth it to me.

Our experience at Skipper's Canteen was mixed. DH Noodle bowl with tofu was so bland! Like a step below bland if there is one. Like bland to the blandest power. However, my Currie Vegetable Crew Stew was really good! Our waiter was really funny and played his part well. We sat in the main crew mess hall but the other rooms looked a lot more fun. As for BoG, the thrill of getting the ADR for dinner was the best part IMHO. I like lunch a whole lot better! But this is coming from a vegetarian, and the dinner options are not as good for me.

Of course there is one great thing about dinner at BoG!

FVF2uX4aZ4EBxCWbomxG0l966DNT8o6RCYzb20RUZswFKctVgTcctA70tliGWFg-z9FZv5CZ9Gw6uXEsgcGVdLWerD7pDoZ-u1Bi3CrnRgribJ9EMt6RCJTpXYF1flbS--loccO_5RykKgq0lUQ_Vk5S8bx2mgVHfLjkVcfdGwXOQi2OuuJYmb-JoBpZXbXi2SWf_0UHTkl8lqyRUy7xcSPh2Pplj3enngIDNxKPLxE7ApT9SxHFajM8mYN60L3iUOKSeDzifR_vyFDibm2AUbqtJlOjo-N7ubOao4Bb1tc92w5aXC_Q0ExdUCsamXULjc79snYI5_hKxIIUeMvSw64sddksWThqkNLFKCt7QMRBRxXKTU-G1HHcsnK1N1Yi1KVe0z2uY5RSF4mP4rYjIlZJSPXRKZig8BVbJptJtdSr4xY1erdSuNZo7iBbf-oe0m1pX43h1IGh5_aUzHBmO2p8pDsSt8CYs8aGHvj_jiu9CCS_O-w1ESSfK4pv7NS8vBeVN8ebhhs79CcTMT0DrZDiD8zT0xDnT5t-pUvgPRxuoVWG7xlvBNIL2DO5P3XXMWR84igsEqUAfK68IZxLHMKzqU6l1hU=w1982-h1316-no

I am glad that I saw the times changed before I got there - I definitely would have been bummed/sad/upset/mad if I didn't know and got there expecting pre-park opening and that wasn't the case. My thoughts are the same as you as far as that breakfast goes - definitely good on it's own but it is really when combined with that pre-park opening experience that makes it worth it for us

Good thoughts on Skippers. that tofu bowl even sounded a little bland to me (and I am ok with Tofu - this place near where we used to live had amazing peanut sesame tofu) but good to know that you liked the curry vegetable stew. I was thinking of requesting one of the other rooms - I am a big Adventurer's Club fan, so sitting in the S.E.A. room I think would be cool!

I am excited about the Beast M&G but not sure if my kids will be up for it as they get intimidated easily - we shall see!

Two things we haven't tried but want to: the fruit and Nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow and Skipper Canteen :) I did just book lunch at Skipper Canteen for August so I can knock that off our list-
Now BOG dinner is another story! We've eaten dinner there 5x and it's definitely one of our favorite TS meals, especially DS10 who has requested it every trip since our first time there in Nov. 2012. We'll be back a 6th time this Nov :thumbsup2 I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

That great you will get to try the Skipper Canteen next trip!

And thanks for your thoughts on BOG dinner ... are there any food items you especially recommend?

And thanks for your thoughts on BOG dinner ... are there any food items you especially recommend?
Hmm.....it's all been great! DS14 loves mussels and, with the exception of the ones at Restaurant Marrakesh, he thinks the ones at BOG are the best he's had on property and gets them every visit. DH loves them, too (I don't do seafood). I love both soups but the potato leek is my fave. Their steak has never disappointed me or younger DS10 who also gets the adult steak every time and DH is partial to the grilled pork chop and roasted lamb chop :)
The one negative I will tell you. On our first visit, which was the very first week they were open in Nov. 2012, younger DS then 7 ordered the steak off the childrens menu. It was HORRIBLE. Too tough to eat. Now he has always loved steak and was/is a bit picky about it, but DH and I both tried it and agreed it stunk. Not even really just cooked badly, but a bad piece of meat. That's why he has since ordered the adult steak - well, for that reason and the fact that his appetite has grown! I don't know what your kids would order and obviously the adult steak is more $$ and bigger, and of course there's a very good chance the kids steak has improved since 2012, but thought I'd mention it.
Oh! You've been for lunch so you may have had th e Master's cupcake, which I thought was delicious. The "grey stuff" brownie bar dessert at dinner? Not as good. But I'd eat that strawberry cupcake every day if I could!

Hmm.....it's all been great! DS14 loves mussels and, with the exception of the ones at Restaurant Marrakesh, he thinks the ones at BOG are the best he's had on property and gets them every visit. DH loves them, too (I don't do seafood). I love both soups but the potato leek is my fave. Their steak has never disappointed me or younger DS10 who also gets the adult steak every time and DH is partial to the grilled pork chop and roasted lamb chop :)
The one negative I will tell you. On our first visit, which was the very first week they were open in Nov. 2012, younger DS then 7 ordered the steak off the childrens menu. It was HORRIBLE. Too tough to eat. Now he has always loved steak and was/is a bit picky about it, but DH and I both tried it and agreed it stunk. Not even really just cooked badly, but a bad piece of meat. That's why he has since ordered the adult steak - well, for that reason and the fact that his appetite has grown! I don't know what your kids would order and obviously the adult steak is more $$ and bigger, and of course there's a very good chance the kids steak has improved since 2012, but thought I'd mention it.
Oh! You've been for lunch so you may have had th e Master's cupcake, which I thought was delicious. The "grey stuff" brownie bar dessert at dinner? Not as good. But I'd eat that strawberry cupcake every day if I could!

Thanks for the thoughts - and good to know about the kids steak .... my kids actually love steak so I could see them wanting to order that - maybe they could just split an adult steak?

Maybe we will do some sharing - like a order of mussels, and the lamb and the steak to split amongst us or something

We did get the master's cupcake at lunch once and to be honest I like the strawberry and the full on chocolate one better.

Part 13 - Friday, July 29th - EPCOT (and maybe Magic Kingdom too)

And already we are at our last Disney day ... guess that is the one bad thing about Pre-TR - you haven't even started your trip and you already have to live out the last day.

We will look to check out of Bonnet Creek early and then head over to EPCOT for rope drop again. This time though, not heading to a ride but to a meet and greet as the number 1 M&G request for this trip is to meet Joy and Sadness from Inside Out. I've read that lines can get long for them and no FP so figured rope dropping to this is the best way to guarantee a meet. We aren't planning on doing a bunch of princess dresses this trip (though Peter has informed us that he too wants to wear a Snow White dress for that meet along with Olivia and Emma, so that should be fun) - but one thing we did get was dresses for Olivia and Emma for this meet and greet - plus they just look super cute anyway:

il_570xN.934966466_gb9z.jpg

After this we will see how we are doing with time - if we can we'd love to meet Baymax as well.

Then we will head over to the Land pavilion and hopefully have time to grab some breakfast there. Then we have FP for Soarin' from 9:30 - 10:30am. I am super excited to see the new movie - though have read some reports of some images looking distorted if you are in a seat near the edge so I think we will request row B1 even if that means waiting and extra cycle or too. So far I have avoided watching video of the new movie - though I am glad to see Patrick is still giving the flight instructions - including the stowing of "these little beauties"

1dxf_325_udpu1.gif

After this I wasn't quite sure what to book FP for so we actually have it for Journey into Imagination - figured it was right next to the Land and something we do like to ride at least once. So that FP is for 10:30 - 11:30am. After this we will see how we are doing and what we want to get to and haven't yet and also what we want to do for lunch. Might head up to the quick service in France or in Morocco or do Sunshine Seasons if we didn't do that for breakfast. If we are up for it and haven't done it yet might do single rider on Test Track or head to the Seas if we never got there the first day - but I suspect we will have done at least some of that the first day.

Our last FP is for SpaceShip Earth again and is for 12:35 - 1:35pm. Figured that is near the front and if we didn't get to see Festival of Fantasy on our MK days (as I have the podcast taping the first day and just have a mid-day break the second) the plan is to head over to MK to watch it this day as getting to it at least once is a priority since we haven't seen it yet - we've only been to WDW once since it premiered and it rained so we got to see the Rainy Day Cavalcade instead :| It's kinda fun and I enjoyed the music, but rather short - this clip is 1:08 long and covers the entire parade:

It is definitely no Festival of Fantasy

If we did get to see the parade before then it will be time to cover anything missed or want to do again and then when we feel it is time to go we will head out. Our next stop is Athen's Georgia but that is a bit over 7 hours away so the plan is to travel a bit north this day and find a place to crash for the night. Even getting an hour or so north and stopping at Gainesville would be ok but we will play it a bit by ear. If we are ready to head out earlier then we will look to drive further. If we want to see more or stay for any evening entertainment then we won't get as far. We shall see.

And with that we are done with Walt Disney World for this trip - but still more travel days and breweries to go!!!!

If anyone sees any giant holes in logic in any of my plans or like "Dude, you totally forgot about ....." I will very much welcome that.

TTFN

Love the Inside Out dress for the girls! From what I've heard, it's a good idea to head there at rope drop. I've also heard waits for Baymax aren't as bad as Joy and Sadness so hoping you can fit that in too!

I like your plan of hitting MK up one last time before you leave! I hope you finally get to see Festival of Fantasy!

So far I have avoided watching video of the new movie - though I am glad to see Patrick is still giving the flight instructions - including the stowing of "these little beauties"
1dxf_325_udpu1.gif

I love it when I'm watching the video and people realize who that is. I've heard, "It's Putty!" "It's Joe from Family Guy!" "It's the Tick!" :rotfl2: Love Patrick Warburton.

xcoc51ocraLok.gif

Love the Inside Out dress for the girls! From what I've heard, it's a good idea to head there at rope drop. I've also heard waits for Baymax aren't as bad as Joy and Sadness so hoping you can fit that in too!

I like your plan of hitting MK up one last time before you leave! I hope you finally get to see Festival of Fantasy!

Thanks Alexis ... that is what I am hoping that we can hit up Joy and Sadness first and then Baymax with not too crazy of a line

Another bonus of shifting over to MK then is another ride on the Monorail for Peter - which is, of course, his favorite attraction!

Great looking plans Phil!

Thanks Ryan!

I love it when I'm watching the video and people realize who that is. I've heard, "It's Putty!" "It's Joe from Family Guy!" "It's the Tick!" :rotfl2: Love Patrick Warburton.

xcoc51ocraLok.gif

Fully agree ... I usually just shout out "THE DEVILSSSSSSSSS!!!!!"
x9re_g.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter