Drive from Disneyland to Seqouia NP - what time to leave to avoid rush hour?

Good to know. I am still not sure which road to best access the park. Right now I am thinking of not using the south entrance, especially since my destination is Hume Lake. I will likely enter near Grant's Grove. Mostly to skip the slow winding drive.

Great to hear u love the place so much. I am enthralled with the idea of giant trees.

Yet a part of me is still regretful I can't work Yosemite in. I actually conceived an elaborate plan that had us flying LA to Sacramento, then driving into Yosemite. But DH choked when I told him it would cost $150 per night for a tent cabin in Curry Village. For that price he wants a bathroom LOL. Oh well, since he refuses to rough it for this trip, Seqouia and the relative luxury of a motel room in Hume Lake is what I'll get!

We did 2 weeks in CA last August, and Sequoia was one of our favorites. Another option is to drive out late at night, stay in one of the small towns near the south entrance (we stayed at the Comfort Inn, wasn't too $$). Drive up early in the morning (the view of Moro Rock is lovely), then stay at Hume that night. We stayed at the lodge (name escapes me) in the park that night, and that was one of our favorite nights! The restaurant was excellent. We did Crystal Cave and Moro Rock. That was a tired night, so the food and service was welcome. I can't wait to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter