Drinking Around the World Passport

That's awesome! I'm going to print this and do this on our next trip! Thanks for this! :cool1:

I am making for my DH and sharing it on the podcast board. This is great. :goodvibes
What size is it? Last time I did a passport I used 4x6 cards. Will that do? thanks, P

Natalie...I LOVE the new passport! I wasn't sure if you were trying to match the beer bottles to the country that they came from...and just in case you were...heineken is from Amsterdam which is in Holland. I don't mean to be picky as I know you put a TON of work into making this and a lot of people I'm sure will love it. I just wanted to let you know in case you were trying to match the beers to the country.

Something you just threw together, huh? ;) It's really terrific! I wish I could use it this year! Will save it for a hopeful trip back to WDW next year!

Wonderful!!! I think the print order folder is missing one page...page 10 maybe? Italy is half for sure and I think Japan is the other side... Thank you!!! Fantastic job as always!

mattie

Natalie...I LOVE the new passport! I wasn't sure if you were trying to match the beer bottles to the country that they came from...and just in case you were...heineken is from Amsterdam which is in Holland. I don't mean to be picky as I know you put a TON of work into making this and a lot of people I'm sure will love it. I just wanted to let you know in case you were trying to match the beers to the country.

Thanks everyone!!!

Which beer should I use for Germany?
Heineken was DH's suggestion and I'm really not sure which one to use!

Thanks everyone!!!

Which beer should I use for Germany?
Heineken was DH's suggestion and I'm really not sure which one to use!

I talked to my beer expert, aka DH, and he said that Beck's, Spaten, Hofbrau Weiss and Weihenstephen Hefe & Dunkle are 'main' stream beers from Germany that you should be able to find clip art for.

I have never had a drink at Disney (but I'm not against it if done responsibly as Disney is geared for a family vacation), but I did some research as I was curious what they sell for "international" beers and drinks. Here is what I found from a couple of different places on the web...they are not my words. If you are planning on drinking around the world, this will help you for places to find beers, wines and/or drinks and prices:

Most people suggest that you should start out in Canada, head counter-clockwise around the lagoon and end in Mexico. If you entered by the Boardwalk you will have to back-track a little through the UK. (You could also start at Mexico go clockwise and end in Canada.) Eat a big breakfast! I'm talking Mickey waffles and eggs, not just a croissant picked up in France.

Canada:

La Fin du Monde and Maudite are served at the beer cart. Wine is only served inside Le Cellier's restaurant.

(prices between $US 5-9)
Draughts include moosehead, bottles include labatt's, labbatt's light, and sometimes Fin d'Monde. I don't remember there being wine or other adult beverages available at the stand so unless you go into Le Cellier, beer is your drink.

Oh, Canada! Molson is the beer of choice here. Your options are a little better if you enjoy one with your dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse. Unibroue beers such as Trois Pistoles, La Maudite and Blanche de Chambly are available at this restaurant, eh? They will only set you back $5.50.

UK:

Grab a pint inside the English Rose. There is a full bar for the wine drinkers, and if you want to try a tasty mixed drink, order up an English Rose. The beers available include Guiness, Bass and Harp.

The Rose and Crown is definitely my fave. They have a full bar and usually offer a "drink of the day". All sorts of British ales/beers/lagers. If you just want to try the stand outside they have Guiness, Bass and Harp. They're about $8/pint. They recently had a beers around the world stand outside that also served some beers from other nations.

What goes better with fish-n-chips than Guinness? Grab a pint or two at the Rose & Crown pub. You can also get an "Imperial Sampler" here, which includes 5 4oz. samples of Guinness, Harp, Tennent's and Caffrey's for $8.25. There are also UK ales aplenty at Harry Ramsden's Fish and Chips. There you can find Guinness, Bass, Harp and Caffrey's in the $5.00 range.

France:

There is a nice wine flight in Les Vines De France for the wine drinkers. The beer drinkers can try out the local Kronenbourg at the crepes kiosk. If you want an extremely yummy treat, slurp down a Grand Marnier Orange Slush.
Beer is Kronenburg and is about $6/bottle

Large selection of wines, champagnes and cognacs, both at the outside stand and at the counter in the wine store. Prices vary depending on what you want, but wine usually goes for about $3-5, champagnes about $7-9

Take in the sights, including a scale replica of the Eiffel Tower, street mimes and a charming array of shops and sidewalk cafes. Stop by the concession stand called Boulangerie Patisserie to enjoy a bottle of Fischer beer for $5.00.

Morocco:

Stop by the Tangierine Café for a Casa beer or some sweet Moroccan wine. They also serve Sangria as an additional option.

Offers coffee liquors and also Casablanca beer. I believe they also have heineken and bud/bud light in the counter service restaurant. The table service restaurant offers a full bar.

This area recreates the atmosphere of northern Africa. After checking out the museum or belly dancing you can find a concession stand that serves Casablanca beer at $5.00 per bottle. You can find this and other more common imports such as Heineken and Amstel Light in the Restaurant Marrakesh or the Tangierine Café.

Japan:

A sake bar lies inside of the Mitsukoshi gift shop (for the daring), or you can drink Kirin beer and Plum Wine inside of the Yakitori House.

Saki bar inside Mitsukoshi gift shop. The sushi place upstairs offers a full bar including many Japanese drinks. The kakighori stand has Kirin, Kirin light, and Kirin ichiban beers. Saki is about $3-6, beer is about $4-7

Beautiful Japanese gardens and a 5-story pagoda welcome you to Disney's version of the Land of the Rising Sun. While visiting the upscale hibachi-style Teppanyaki Restaurant you can enjoy a nice plum wine or sake, or try this country's beer: Kirin at $5.00 per bottle. The same beverages can be found at the Yakitori House, which is more of a counter-service establishment and at Tempura Kiku, which is a more casual hibachi restaurant.

American Adventure:

The drink kiosk has Bud, Bud Light, Sam Adams, and an assortment of wine coolers. Usually around $5-7

There is a large pavilion here where you can hear patriotic music, so grab a Sam Adams (or any of the number of US macrobrews) and toast democracy! These all-American brews can also be found at the Liberty Inn.

Italy:

You can drink a wine flight inside La Bottega, or grab a glass of Prosecco or a Peroni beer at the kiosk outside. Alfredo's offers a full bar (its a restaurant, but you can order drinks at your table). Try the Cafe Alfredo! Delicious.

The wine store offers many different types as well as my wife's fave Rosa Regale (prices from $3-7) The stand outside offers peroni beer and other wines.

This area is a replication of Venice, with olive trees and an open-air market. Check out the reproduction of the Campanile Tower and grab a bottle of Peroni for $5.00 at the concession stand. There are plenty of seats in the town center in which to enjoy it.

Germany:

The Weinkeller has an assortment of German wines, and the beer garden is the best place to throw down a brewskie. There are plenty of German beers inside to choose from!

The Spaten Optimator if my favorite. They also serve Beck Draft and a Hefeweizen draft, as well as bottled beer. And of course...Rumple Minze for after dinner. There is also Rhine Wine.

Need you ask? The cart has bottled beers from Germany. The stand offers draughts (Lowenbrau and Lowenbrau Oktoberfest I believe). The counter service just outside the BierGarten has Jaeger, Rumpleminz, Apfelkorn, as well as several German beers. The BierGarten itself serves liters of good stuff as well as other adult beverages and many wines.

A Bavarian-type village setting awaits you as you enter Germany. Beck's Regular and Beck's Dark can be found prominently served at the Biergarten here for around $5.00 per cup. Be sure to check out the "local" shops to find an authentic German beer stein while you are visiting.

The outpost:

Michelob, Mich Ultra, and a few other things. Officially, I don't know if this counts as a stop on the "beers around the world thing" I am a purist and only really count the 11 countries, but if you're thirsty between Germany and China, this might help you out.

China:

You can grab plum wine or Tsing Tao beer at the Lotus Blossom Café.

Plum Wine and TsingTao Beer (about $5 bottle). Nine Dragons has a selection of other beers and liquors and also has a full bar I believe.

Pass through the ceremonial gate to find shops and restaurants. You will need to go to the Nine Dragons restaurant to find this country's beers: Tsingtao and Yanjing. The beers are in the $5.00 range per bottle. Nine Dragons is an upscale restaurant but don't feel bad if you go in wearing a goofy hat and fanny pack. If you would like something a little more casual you can also find Chinese bottled beer at the Lotus Blossom Café.

Norway:

They used to serve Rignes, but now you'll have to do with a Carlsberg. Not Norwegian, but at least its Scandinavian.

The stand outside usually has some different wines (including US wines) as well as Bud Light light and Carlsberg beer. You can get a huge beer there (its like $10 i think, but they also have smaller beers for like $6-7.) The bakery has several other beer and wine selections. The restaurant Akershus is like the other restaurants in that they offer more liquor drinks and wine selections. Norway used to serve Rignes beer...it was good and I miss it.

In this area you can find a replica castle and Viking ship. While you are here, enjoy a Ringnes Pilsner on draught at the concession stand. This beer clocks in at $7.00 for the larger size, so be sure to compare the potential sticker-shock with the need to try a Norwegian beer. This beer can also be found in the Restaurant Akershus. (according to the other two posts...you can no longer get this brand of beer in Norway)

Mexico:

By this time you should be pretty toasty. If you aren't completely smashed, try a fiesta margarita at the stand outside the temple. If you want to take it easy pick up a Dos Equis (XX) at the Cantina.

There is a stand that serves frozen margaritas of different flavors (strawberry, line, mango and something else) I think they're like $8?
The cantina de san angel, just outside the pyramid offers a drinks line (to the left of the actual food line) that has Dos Equis (XX) and also regular frozen margaritas. The San Angel Restaurant in the pyramid has several other Mexican beers, both on tap and bottled including Tecate, Negra Modelo and some others, as well as either frozen or on the rocks margaritas and other Mexican drinks.

Mariachi music, Mexican food and Dos Equis on draught at the Cantina San Angel, at about $5.00 per cup. The Cantina is a "stand in line to get your food then find a seat" kind of establishment. Make sure to dodge the birds that are begging for nachos as you enjoy your brew. A great way to start your trip around the world!

Sure, maybe many of the beers you can find here can also be found at your local beer store, but perhaps they will taste a little more authentic when served by a native from that country. The good news is: every country in the World Showcase has a beer representative from that nation. All you have to do is find them!

A few pointers: Before you start your drinking however here are a couple of guidelines. Take your passport as this is your proof that you have completed the ‘session’ – get it signed or something at each stop. Next get your map and make a note of toilets – you don’t want to get caught short between countries, there isn’t a toilet at each one. And finally this trip is not best done on a red-hot day – best to wait for a night. Oh yes and don’t get leery or ladish – Disney security is good – very good.

Your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is as fun as it is daunting. If you've already ridden Dumbo 100 times and can't get the Small World theme out of your head, then leave the kids with Gran and Gramps and trek over to Epcot's World Showcase.

The World Showcase is comprised of eleven countries which wrap around the Showcase's lagoon. If you plan on drinking at all eleven locations, I highly advise getting there as early as possible in order to space out your drinking time. Unless you're fresh out of college or can still do a keg stand, you don't want to chug 11 drinks in three hours. The park opens at 11 and normally closes at 9:00. If you are not a Disney Resort guest, make sure you don't plan your drinking tour on an extra-hours night (the park will close at 8 for non-Disney guests).

If you are planning to drink beer and licquor be carefull how you mix them. Licquor then beer never fear...beer then licquor, never sicker.

There are websites dedicated to this and even a club on facebook.

Again, these are not my words, just things I found online for those wanting to attempt drinking around the world.

I have never made something like this and want to do it for my DH. How would I make this??? :confused3
Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter