Drink or chew foe sesickness?

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
Are there anything besides pills to take for se sickness? Does Bonine or Dramamine come in chewable or liquid. Both my daughter and I do not swallow pills something subconcious I guess. I heard about ginger candy, what about ginger ale? Do they really work? Seabands? Patches? I really don't want any side effects.

We had chewable dramamine (but didn't need it) It also comes in a kid strength. I don't know about the Bonine. We also got some of the Ginger candy. (there are some really mixed opinions about ginger candy) None of us liked the taste of it. You can find it at a health food store. Someone told me to eat a hamburger -- that's the only tip I have not heard or read about it. On a ship -- it settles the stomach and helps the dizzyness -- don't know if it's true or not but the person who had passed onto me said it worked for her 2 kids on their cruise.

My Ped recomeded benadryl for sea sickness. This will stop the nausea/vomiting. My DS 3 also has food allergies and we have used this when he ate someting he should'nt have.

There is a liquid for us bad pill swallowers and kids. It's a kids liquid. I think the name is Emerol or something like that. Brownish bottle. Rainbow colors on front. When I was pregnant I was sick for the whole time and it was safe for me to take. Didn't work, but it was safe and it's a kids medicine. My aunt who can't WATCH the teacup ride takes it.

Health stores sell chewable ginger tablets. I use these for plane/motion sickness and they seem to work ok. I've also chewed on ginger cookies.

However, I've noticed that too many ginger tablets upset my stomach.

Sometimes just taking a Pepto helps just as well.

Try sipping slowly on some real Coke...not Pepsi, and not diet. It got me through three sick pregnancies!

On our cruise meet board, apples were brought up. Something in the skin.

I've used sea bands, the problem with these is that if that button is not in the right place, it will do no good.

I have the electronic sea band that sends a pulse through your middle finger if it is placed correctly.

A couple of options exist for you non-pill-swallowers. :thumbsup2

1.) Prescription patches called Transderm Scoe (Scopalamine). You place 1 small little round patch behind your ear. Change it every 3 days. 1/2 the folks on our last cruise were wearing them.

2.) Meclizine(non-prescription), which is the active ingredient in Bonine, can be ordered by your local pharmacy in a chewable (which will work more quickly than swallow tabs) form in either 12.5mg or 25mg tablets and it's worlds cheaper than brand Bonine. I took a bottle with me on our last cruise and it saved me from having a horribly green cruise - the seas were tossing us around our staterooms. Most importantly, take Meclizine BEFORE you feel queezy or sick. I suggest trying it out at home before cruising to make sure you don't have any adverse reactions.

Good luck! :wave2:

Gina (Pharmacy Technician)

goofyforlife said:
Health stores sell chewable ginger tablets. I use these for plane/motion sickness and they seem to work ok. I've also chewed on ginger cookies.

However, I've noticed that too many ginger tablets upset my stomach.

Sometimes just taking a Pepto helps just as well.

Consumer Reports just did an article mentioning that anyone taking ginger should consult their doctor first. There are potential side effects for some people, or with some medications. So check with your doctor first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter