Dress question - How many (for my wife)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by hubby_of_newtodisney, Oct 31, 2012.

?

How many dresses for Formal/Semi/Palos

1. 1 dresses for all 3

2. 2 dresses

3. 3 dresses

4. Let your wife decide. You are crazy for having an opinion!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

Oh, yeah dress pants are fine! I'm bringing dress pants for semi-formal night and maybe for Palo diner. (Packing now, just a day and a half left!)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Juney

Juney Mouseketeer

This is like asking a girl how many pairs of shoes they should bring. :D

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4. eva

eva <font color=blue>Often uses her unique ability to

Thanks so much! I just love dressing up.

5. Ariel224

Ariel224 DIS Veteran

The first dress I bought for my upcoming cruise was a $2 Goodwill find. Since that time, my preteen daughter has grown 6 inches and has claimed rights to the dress for semi-formal night. That's okay, though, for semi-formal, I have a $7 black cocktail dress from ebay. Both are machine washable and look brand new.

I'm taking 3 dresses total....a simple long navy blue gown for formal night, the black cocktail dress, and a nice sundress with a black cardigan for Palo dinner and Remy brunch. Silver heels match all 3. I rarely get to dress up, and I'm very excited to do so. For the other 4 nights, I am bringing a simple knee length knit skirt and a pair of black capris, and a couple of blouses and cardigans that I can mix and match. The capris will be part of my pirate costume as well.

OP, let your wife bring what she wants. I'm telling my DH what to bring, but only because he has asked me to. He admits to having a total lack of fashion sense. :rotfl:

6. eva

eva <font color=blue>Often uses her unique ability to

You won't get an "eww" from me. You can often find some great dresses at second hand stores or consignment shops. You can also find great deals at bridal shops for old bridesmaid's and mother of the bride dresses. I normally don't buy a dress unless it is on sale or I have a coupon. You can often find some really good deals at places like Macy's or Carson's. You just have to watch.

7. grits98

grits98 Mouseketeer

Agreed! It's a vacation! OP - What do you care if your wife wants to wear four different dresses in a single day?

8. hubby_of_newtodisney

hubby_of_newtodisney How can I go to work, when there are so many fun t

I kept my mouth shut. We still overpacked for the cruise!

9. Ariel224

Ariel224 DIS Veteran

Most importantly, did you both have a great time? We overpacked for ours too BTW.

10. goeva

goeva DIS Veteran

You did the right thing.
    Keep the DW happy, everyone is happy. :santa:

11. carmie3377

carmie3377 Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

DH found a pair of dress shoes at goodwill. They were still being sold at Dillard's/Macy's for$150+ but we paid $5and they looked like brand new. We had been shopping for pirate gear and never expected to find such a deal!

As far as dresses, I love Macy's sales combined with their coupon and Dillard's when they take an extra 30%-50% off clearance. I found a beautiful red gown at Dillard's that was normally $350 for $55!

As far as OPs wife, I say let her bring 3 if she wants. I tend to overpack but 3 for 7 night is definitely not overpacking IMHO :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original D

Constantly changing or constantly waiting on a person to change isn't much of a vacation. Just my opinion.

13. firsttimemom

firsttimemom DIS Veteran

they weren't all for one night!

and it isn't so much the changing that takes so long, it's doing the hair...

14. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

My dad tried to tell me I was packing too much. I think at one point I told him "Then I will be the one to suffer. I'm paying to check in wine." Don't mess with a girl and her clothes... or wine.

Ohhh who are you Disney Bounding as? I love the stuff she has for Rapunzel, but I'm so much more a Belle (as in book nerdy, give me a library type.).

I wear scrubs to work and live in pjs, so I get the whole "don't dress up" thing. Here's what I brought:
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/soda-fountain-dress-in-cherry
    Love this dress! Wore it to Palo's brunch, wore it to semi-formal night (because for me to wear a dress is considered dressed up no matter the dress.), wore it to my college graduation (and it was funny because all my teachers were like "Kim's dressed up! She's in a dress! She's wearing makeup! She's wearing earrings! This must be important!"). Love it. Comfy. Just kinda' bad if you are busty...

I don't have a picture of the formal night from the store. Only me wearing it:
    http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n34/knittingknerd/cruise_zps6428e9ee.jpg
    (I was looking at a lot more expensive things and my friend and I were at Target. She saw this and was like "This is fancy, it's formal for you. And it's your color." Oh and it was $17.00! Only problem? It was super short and would ride up in the back...).

I brought 4 dresses? 2 of them were a Susan Graver/QVC liquid knit in color. I brought a few skirts. My one complaint/note of caution: I don't wear heels, I live in Birks, sneakers, flip flops, or bare foot. I brought 2 pairs of heels, no flats except my flip flops... Guess what I was wearing to dinner a lot? Orthoheel flip flops. Don't pack heels if you don't wear them!

15. Plaid Princess

Plaid Princess Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

How often do you really get an excuse to dress up! I dress up each night, formal or otherwise just for an excuse to wear my evening clothes!

16. texasgirl73

texasgirl73 Obsessive Trip Planner

If my husband tried to tell me how many dresses I should take on a cruise and used some internet forum or poll to try to prove he was right, I would laugh in his face. You're lucky she is only bringing 3. I brought 2 formal, 4 semi-formal, and 2 sundresses.

17. NurseDave

NurseDave Mouseketeer

Think my gf is going to order one of those. :)