Dreams Unlimited Podcast: Booking a Walt Disney World Vacation Package - 10/24

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
In this episode, the panel discusses what you need to know before booking a Walt Disney World vacation package!

There is a mistake in the episode. Tracey states that you need to phone in or use an agent to book a ticket-less package. I booked one for November all online myself. So it can be done online to add dining plans to a room only reservation to create a ticket-less package all on your own.

There is a mistake in the episode. Tracey states that you need to phone in or use an agent to book a ticket-less package. I booked one for November all online myself. So it can be done online to add dining plans to a room only reservation to create a ticket-less package all on your own.

My guess is that you are an annual passholder.

Only annual passholders can add dining without tickets when booking an annual passholder room offer online. But if you are booking a room at a regular rate, not passholder, then you cannot book a ticketless package online.

My guess would be you are an annual pass holder? This is the only way I know of that dining can be added to a room only reservation online. A typical ticketless package has to be called in to Disney whether you booked through an agent or on your own.

I am not seeing this on my Podcast feed - I powered down my phone and re-subscribed. Any one else having issues?

I can't find it in the podcast feed either.

Very nicely done show, as usual.

Am I correct in assuming (if anybody here knows) that dining plans can NOT be added to Shades of Green ressies ('cause Shades is not owned by Disney?). I also don't need tickets, as I bought 10-day non-expiring ones before they took the option away, but have not used them yet. So - if I DON'T stay @ Shades, and DON'T need tix, I can still add dining by CALLING Disney, but CAN'T do online, right? Thanx all!

It's not in the RSS feed at all. Did someone fall asleep and forget to push publish?
There was an issue with the link and it didn't publish correctly. Issue is being fixed right now. Please make sure to tag me in the future if you notice something like this. While we do pay attention, we miss these things once in awhile.

I don't really mean to poke fun at anyone, but I was chuckling at @DisneyKevin 's correcting John's grammar. It's so something I would do, and just made me think "I KNEW there was a reason I liked him so much!"

My favorite part was when John said "Stop correcting me!" and Kevin's response was "Stop making mistakes"

Overall I thought it was a very good episode - though I think there is more than just "cost" to consider with regards to the dining plan as for us it doesn't work as we don't often eat like it is laid out (i.e., we might just get appetizers or one app and split an entree, etc.) - though I think an entire episode could be devoted to just the dining plan

The information around using a ticket before you upgrade it was also inaccurate. However there might be more to this as some resellers have started to post that disney will not honor full value for their tickets anymore. there are threads saying it really depends on the cm you get and who is the manager on duty at the time but the official policy might have just changed in regards to what they will price bridge.

There was an issue with the link and it didn't publish correctly. Issue is being fixed right now. Please make sure to tag me in the future if you notice something like this. While we do pay attention, we miss these things once in awhile.
Thanks - I see it now

The information around using a ticket before you upgrade it was also inaccurate. However there might be more to this as some resellers have started to post that disney will not honor full value for their tickets anymore. there are threads saying it really depends on the cm you get and who is the manager on duty at the time but the official policy might have just changed in regards to what they will price bridge.
This information is accurate based on my personal experience, I upgraded a 7 day ticket in late July. The CM looked at it and said, "since you have used the ticket I can give you full value towards your upgrade". A month later, we upgraded my husbands ticket the same way at a different guest services location with the same result. There was no supervisor involved in either case. Both of these tickets were purchased through Disney originally. I don't know if they have changed their policies for tickets sold through a reseller but that is not the type of ticket we were speaking of. Perhaps they are changing the policy for all tickets, I can only speak of my most recent experience.

Very nicely done show, as usual.

Am I correct in assuming (if anybody here knows) that dining plans can NOT be added to Shades of Green ressies ('cause Shades is not owned by Disney?). I also don't need tickets, as I bought 10-day non-expiring ones before they took the option away, but have not used them yet. So - if I DON'T stay @ Shades, and DON'T need tix, I can still add dining by CALLING Disney, but CAN'T do online, right? Thanx all!
We do not deal with Shades of Green at all, but I would assume you are correct. Dining plans can't be added as they are not a Disney resort. If staying at a WDW resort, you can call Disney and book a ticketless package with dining. You may also be able to get a military discount elsewhere if you are eligible and add dining to it.

We do not deal with Shades of Green at all, but I would assume you are correct. Dining plans can't be added as they are not a Disney resort. If staying at a WDW resort, you can call Disney and book a ticketless package with dining. You may also be able to get a military discount elsewhere if you are eligible and add dining to it.
Thanx, Traceyl Prompt and thorough, as always! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter