1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

DREAMS really do come true! 1/30 4-day Cruise Report with Tons of Photos! Video done!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by Timon, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Timon

Timon DIS Lifetime Sponsor

My mother-in-law sounds exactly like your hubby! She cruised with us on the Magic in 2007 and except for one night, she was fine. As we approached Cozumel, the seas were super choppy and that was the night she just lied down in her room but otherwise, she was good.

If you ever consider giving it a go, I would choose a 3-day cruise on the Dream because I swear, you could hardly feel it! That way, if he doesn't feel good, 2 of those days you will be docked and he can be on land. :thumbsup2

I am warning you though...once you start cruising with Disney, you will HAVE to go back :rolleyes1 ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lucas

lucas °o°

Ohhhh, you're gooooood! :)
    I thought it was the ones posted outside. :crazy: :rotfl:

Did adults go on the AquaDuck - did you? It looks like FUN! :banana:

We are GTY for our May 12 cruise - front forward cabins, cat 9A. Can't wait for our room to be assigned.

4. Kurby

Kurby All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou

i last about 10 minutes in the passanger seat then i'm begging dh to pull over.

in the 7 years we've been married plus 2 years before that i think dh has driven a TOTAL of an hour. - and that's pushing the guesstmate.

we drive down from Toronto to Disney every other year, leave at 6am stop between 6 and 8 and it's all me all the time.

with the exception if this last trip were we were detured off the main highway and ended up driving through small towns and through the mountians with no lights in the middle of the night. we were due into our hotel around 9pm but didn't arrive until almost 1.30. by 1am i was just exhausted and even though i knew i would feel sick i asked dh to take over.

i was soooooo tired i fell asleep.

but that's a very rare case. so i do know exactly what your dh is going through. i firmly believe fresh air and lots of it will help any motion sickness.

5. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

The video is amazing. Even my DD sat and watched it with me and we had to rewind a few parts for her.
    Now one question, I noticed a flash on the Aquadcuk, is that a sensor or do they take pictures of guests riding it?

6. NAB

NAB <font color=green>That first page just got too hea

My son will be in the Vibe next Jan on the Dream. He will be 14 then ,I'm sure he will feel really special if they have their own card.

Maybe my niece thought there were too many 14 year olds she is almost 18. and called them tweens. :confused3

Do they card the Edge them too? Or is the Edge like the Quest was and they have family time in there too as well as the Out and About .

7. Timon

Only 12 times :rolleyes1 ;) :lmao:

Everybody was going on the Aquaduck :cool1:

Pretty sure it's just a sensor but not 100% :thumbsup2

Doubt it because the Edge's door is always open...heck they let me in there :rolleyes: but the Vibe has a closed door all the time so the only way in is to swipe your card key :goodvibes

8. DizDragonfly

DizDragonfly <font color=green>Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I

This isn't the first time I've heard that the tweens from The Edge have made their way into Vibe. From a teen's trip report ...

9. Scouter

Scouter DIS Veteran

Loved the video Cass!:thumbsup2 Great job!

I've been watching it in segments before work each day, it took me 3 days to finish:rotfl:

10. Scouter

Scouter DIS Veteran

Hey Cass, the music from your video, where did you get it from?
    I love it!

11. Kurby

12. VickiHD

VickiHD DIS Veteran

I loved the video. Great job!!!!!! The music was also perfect. I'll have to purchase the CD now.

Thanks and we really enjoyed your hard work.

13. gerberdaisy1234

gerberdaisy1234 DIS Veteran

Thank you for the wonderful trip report and video.:worship:

You have probably already answered these questions and I just missed it- so please forgive me asking again.:upsidedow

Was there hot chocolate at the beverage station?

Would you be able to see the fireworks from a port side verandah?

Were there hammocks at the second family beach?

Thank you!

14. MadfortheMouse

MadfortheMouse Earning My Ears

Love this thread. Thank you for all the great pictures!!:mickeyjum

15. bubbasmom99

bubbasmom99 <br>Disney Obsessed<br><font color=red>I know you

Thank you for sharing your lovely video! We sail in 74 days!

16. Scouter

Scouter DIS Veteran

17. mommybean

mommybean Mouseketeer

I just wanted to offer a suggestion for your hubby - I used to get extremely sick from everything that you mentioned above, so needless to say, I was scared to death to take a cruise. :sad2: I tried the dramamine, the wrist bands, and the behind the ear patches (which made things WAY worse!!) and though the dramamine helped a little, nothing wokred completely. I now use my dramamine along with this AMAZING aromatherapy oil. I know I sound like an advertisement, but I know what it's like to suffer so I like to let other know about it. It's called Motion Eaze (you can get it at most WalMart stores or you can order it from motioneaze.com). The drops go behind your ears and the scents hel to calm the nausea, vertigo and nerves. I bought several bottles and keep at least one with me at all times. I am happy to say I will be taking my TENTH cruise in April :goodvibes Something else that helps me too if the ship gets really rocky - I sit out on the deck in one of the rockin chairs -the fresh air and the fact that YOU are controling the rocking motion makes a huge difference! Good luck!!

18. Maxwell

Maxwell DIS Veteran

Why do they have to ruin a hot dog with a whole wheat bun that falls apart. I was hoping they didn;t follow WDW on that one but I guess they did.

19. Timon

Hey guys :wave2:

Just wanted to let you all know that I am done with making all the little clips and have posted them to my YouTube page :thumbsup2

YouTube Videos

These are raw videos so you will hear all the sounds (except for the CC video) and you will see some bad filming at times :rolleyes:

There is some new footage but I have also included the stuff I used in my edited video because sometimes I only used part of that raw footage.

So, I just have to write up my final thoughts/comments and I will be ALL done with this report :banana:

Enjoy the clips :goodvibes

20. Timon

Thanks, I am gonna check it out :thumbsup2

Glad you made it through Rose :thumbsup2 :lmao:

I see that someone already answered you :goodvibes

It's an awesome CD :cool1:

Sorry, I am not much help here....

I didn't see any hot chocolate....I am not 100% but I am guessing you would NOT be able to see the fireworks from any balcony and I never really went on the second beach except to do Pelican Plunge but I am sure there are some there back amidst all the palm trees.

Welcome ;)

Not long now!!! :cool1:

I KNOW!!! I am still so mad about that whole whole wheat bun thing!!! :mad: Don't even get me started!! [​IMG]

21. Kurby

ahhhhh no no - you're not done - nope we won't let you be done - no way, not listening, lalalalalalalalala

you've got more - go look, more pics, more videos, more more more

you're NOT DONE.

I CAN"T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA