DREAMS really do come true! 1/30 4-day Cruise Report with Tons of Photos! Video done!

have they started building the fantasy yet?

i think we should find out who to contact and tell them of the serious error in judgement they have by putting the teens 100% private instead of the parents.

after all we're the ones flipping the thousands of bucks to go on the trip - i'd like to sit out by a pool at some point without hearing hords of kids yelling and running around.

i'm not a sun freak but its nice to know other then a lout club there is somewhere the adults can go to relax (for free - not the spa)

wonder if they got hundreds of emails if they would rethink the design of the fantasy??

Thanks for taking the time out to post all of these! Very helpful indeed! We are on the Dream for Labor Day weekend so we are more excited than ever.

Quick question for you - does the standard inside stateroom have that pull out bed as a default or is that only for rooms with 4 people in them? TIA.

have they started building the fantasy yet?

i think we should find out who to contact and tell them of the serious error in judgement they have by putting the teens 100% private instead of the parents.

after all we're the ones flipping the thousands of bucks to go on the trip - i'd like to sit out by a pool at some point without hearing hords of kids yelling and running around.

i'm not a sun freak but its nice to know other then a lout club there is somewhere the adults can go to relax (for free - not the spa)

wonder if they got hundreds of emails if they would rethink the design of the fantasy??

They just laid the keel of the Fantasy so I highly doubt there will be any structural changes at this point no matter how many emails they get :guilty:

I will say that I never saw any kids running and screaming around the adult pool but there are kids walking through that area for sure!

Thanks for taking the time out to post all of these! Very helpful indeed! We are on the Dream for Labor Day weekend so we are more excited than ever.

Quick question for you - does the standard inside stateroom have that pull out bed as a default or is that only for rooms with 4 people in them? TIA.

The 11 Inside Standard rooms sleep 3 OR 4, so some rooms will have that pull down bed in the ceiling, others wont.

They just laid the keel of the Fantasy so I highly doubt there will be any structural changes at this point no matter how many emails they get :guilty:.

well - then in that case they need to design new ones and get building. they need to catch up to all the other cruise lines number of ships :)

i think the designers of the ship made a huge mistake.

seriously.

they gave the teens a 100% private get away while the parents who pay for the trip get an adults only section that seems to have kids walking through it and hanging out in it.

i think it should have been reversed and let the adults have the 100% private pool section.

My neice just got off the Dream 3 weeks ago and said the teen club gets run over by the tweens. And the said no one seem to mind....or stop them. Since you don't have to sign in or out who is too know right.

She said they have a small sign that says the age but eveyone walks though it anyway...That that was funny because that is what the adults complain about for the adult pool that says there is a sign for the area. :lmao:

that's interesting :)

we didn't hang out in the adult pool that much when we cruised in 09 but we did walk through it enough and did see some but not a lot of kids in and around the area (not in the pool) but i've read some reports that say there seems to be more kids in and around the adult area then on the wonder or magic.

might be that it's new, who knows.

Who needs to watch the Oscars when I've got your trip report to read!

Seriously - it's freakin' amazing! For those of us who have never done a Disney cruise (and likely won't due to dh's motion sickness that no medication/technique can help :confused:), it was really fun living vicariously through your report. You are THE photographer of photographers! I haven't even had the chance to watch the video yet, but I have a feeling I won't be disappointed....:worship: This cruise likely just wet your appetite for when you go back with your family. How many days??????? ;)

Thanks a million for the detailed report. You're amazing! :goodvibes

The video is AMAZING. Well done all around. Well shot, well edited.

was it not nominated for best short? :)

Hi Cass,

May I please borrow one of your photos to post in another thread? It's a random photo of the carpet if that's ok with you.

Thanks!
Kat

WOW! Thanks so much for the report, pictures and video. Dh and I have cruise on the Dream coming up and we sat down together to watch your Dream video. You did a fantastic job!

I've been a reader of your reports for years and today I read your blog. Your hospital stay was quite the ordeal - whew! I am glad that is all behind you. I also watched part 1 of your WDW 09 trip, can't wait to watch the others. You have a beautiful family!

Thanks for sharing your reports! :worship:

well - then in that case they need to design new ones and get building. they need to catch up to all the other cruise lines number of ships

:lmao:

My neice just got off the Dream 3 weeks ago and said the teen club gets run over by the tweens. And the said no one seem to mind....or stop them. Since you don't have to sign in or out who is too know right.

She said they have a small sign that says the age but eveyone walks though it anyway...That that was funny because that is what the adults complain about for the adult pool that says there is a sign for the area. :

I thought that ONLY the teens had their own Vibe card that got them in there...so the Edge kids get that card too? :confused3

that's interesting

we didn't hang out in the adult pool that much when we cruised in 09 but we did walk through it enough and did see some but not a lot of kids in and around the area (not in the pool) but i've read some reports that say there seems to be more kids in and around the adult area then on the wonder or magic.

might be that it's new, who knows.

Yes, way more kids walk through due to the location...I mean it's right next to the Ice Cream place on Port side and steps away from Flo's on Starboard side!! Who thought of that one?? :scared1:

Seriously - it's freakin' amazing! For those of us who have never done a Disney cruise (and likely won't due to dh's motion sickness that no medication/technique can help :confused:), it was really fun living vicariously through your report. You are THE photographer of photographers! I haven't even had the chance to watch the video yet, but I have a feeling I won't be disappointed....:worship: This cruise likely just wet your appetite for when you go back with your family. How many days???????

Awww thanks for the kind words babe!!! :hug:

You know...on the Dream, I BARELY felt any movement at ALL! Just sayin' :rolleyes1 ;)

We are not 100% sure when we will be back to WDW, but we are thinking October/November 2012...but we won't be able to cruise unless I get a TA rate and those are last minute on cruises that don't sell well. Hard to plan! :scared:

There is a slight chance that Kira and I will get to go on the Wonder in May to Alaska but Rob is fully booked for DJing so he won't be joining us :guilty:

But yes, you are right, this trip only made me want to cruise with them ASAP!! ::yes::

The video is AMAZING. Well done all around. Well shot, well edited.

was it not nominated for best short? :)

Now THAT was funny!! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Thank you Cass so much for the video! You are one talented lady!!:flower3:

Awww shucks!! :blush:

Hi Cass,

May I please borrow one of your photos to post in another thread? It's a random photo of the carpet if that's ok with you.

Thanks!
Kat

Sure ;)

WOW! Thanks so much for the report, pictures and video. Dh and I have cruise on the Dream coming up and we sat down together to watch your Dream video. You did a fantastic job!

I've been a reader of your reports for years and today I read your blog. Your hospital stay was quite the ordeal - whew! I am glad that is all behind you. I also watched part 1 of your WDW 09 trip, can't wait to watch the others. You have a beautiful family!

Thanks for sharing your reports! :worship:

Thanks :goodvibes Yeah, glad it's behind me too and hope to never have to go through that again!!! :crazy2: but at least I have learned from it and have grown as a person because of it :thumbsup2

I laugh when I watch the 2009 videos....that was the trip that Kira's sassiness REALLY comes through :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Seriously - it's freakin' amazing! For those of us who have never done a Disney cruise (and likely won't due to dh's motion sickness that no medication/technique can help :confused:), it was really fun living vicariously through your report. You are THE photographer of photographers! I haven't even had the chance to watch the video yet, but I have a feeling I won't be disappointed....:worship: This cruise likely just wet your appetite for when you go back with your family. How many days??????? ;)

i just wanted to let you know that i have sever motion sickness and found that being on the deck was the only thing that worked.

we had an inside cabin that once the ship got rockn' my belly started flippn' so i would go out on deck to calm down.

next cruise we'll be getting a balcony purley so i can open the door and get fresh air.

having sea days was best too because the ship moves at a slower pace so you don't feel it.

so you don't have to say no to cruising just because of motion sickness as long as you get a balcony and or spend a lot of time on deck (which isn't a bad thing because it's nice and relaxing ;) )

Ok Cass, just finished watching your video. I didn't think it would be possible for you to out do your trip report with your video, but I was WRONG. Your video is fantastic!!!! You did a great job on the video. I didn't want it to end!!!! Thank you Cass for a spectaclar report and video. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Unless the card is a new thing , my niece never mentioned a card.

On the Magic I know you just come and go ....

She just mentioned that they had a little sign with the age on it but people never saw it and came on though.

We will be on the Dream next Jan. Loved you trip report and video. My dd watched with me and said you are really good at video taping. Nice and slow to see everything.

It is funny though every picture we see of the Edge is the one you showed. We were beginning to think it was just that one big room.:laughing: So she went on You tube and found the rest. She is 10 going to be 11 soon.

Thanks again for all the pictures and the time you put into your report!

i just wanted to let you know that i have sever motion sickness and found that being on the deck was the only thing that worked.

we had an inside cabin that once the ship got rockn' my belly started flippn' so i would go out on deck to calm down.

next cruise we'll be getting a balcony purley so i can open the door and get fresh air.

having sea days was best too because the ship moves at a slower pace so you don't feel it.

so you don't have to say no to cruising just because of motion sickness as long as you get a balcony and or spend a lot of time on deck (which isn't a bad thing because it's nice and relaxing ;) )

I LOVE the motion and feel of the Magic but seriously, I only felt motion 2-3 times on the Dream. I actually MISSED going up and down :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Ok Cass, just finished watching your video. I didn't think it would be possible for you to out do your trip report with your video, but I was WRONG. Your video is fantastic!!!! You did a great job on the video. I didn't want it to end!!!! Thank you Cass for a spectaclar report and video. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Awww thanks :goodvibes Well, I will be working on those clips that I didn't put in my video, so there's still to come but they won't be editing...they will be pretty much raw footage just so everyone can see it :thumbsup2 It is FREEZING this week so I am thinking of hibernating most of the week and getting them done ;)

Unless the card is a new thing , my niece never mentioned a card.

On the Magic I know you just come and go ....

She just mentioned that they had a little sign with the age on it but people never saw it and came on though.

We will be on the Dream next Jan. Loved you trip report and video. My dd watched with me and said you are really good at video taping. Nice and slow to see everything.

It is funny though every picture we see of the Edge is the one you showed. We were beginning to think it was just that one big room.:laughing: So she went on You tube and found the rest. She is 10 going to be 11 soon.

Thanks again for all the pictures and the time you put into your report!

Hahaha, too funny because as I was watching the raw video, I thought I was either too fast or too slow most of the time :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Yeah, the Edge is the only part I feel I was lacking with the video and I shake my head now wondering why I didn't try to go back maybe when they were first opening :sad2:

Oh, you were talking about the Magic! No, the Dream is totally different!! Teens have to go to the Vibe and get registered, once that happens, they get a new card key, one that says Vibe and it allows them entrance into the club, you can't get in any other way so if the tweens don't have the card, they ain't getting in ;)

Cass,

Loved your video, our whole family crunched up by the laptop last night and watched the entire thing! Thanks so much for sharing with us, it has really gotten us very excited for our first cruise on the new ships next year!!!:goodvibes

:) Jen

I forgot to say that in your video I liked how you scrolled down the menus that were posted outside of the restaurants. Great touch! :wizard:

Cass,

Loved your video, our whole family crunched up by the laptop last night and watched the entire thing! Thanks so much for sharing with us, it has really gotten us very excited for our first cruise on the new ships next year!!!:goodvibes

:) Jen

Cool! Did you have to take a break and get some snacks? popcorn:: :lmao:

I forgot to say that in your video I liked how you scrolled down the menus that were posted outside of the restaurants. Great touch! :wizard:

Thanks :goodvibes It was actually the menus that they gave us while we were seated at the table that I taped :thumbsup2

I was always the last one ready to order because I was so damn busy taking photos and videos of the menus :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Thanks to you and Cass for the vote of confidence! :goodvibes Tell me - do either of you get motion sickness very badly during other forms of transportation? Dh gets sick on EVERY form of transportation unless he is driving himself (i.e. speed boat or car). He's sick on every flight we've ever had, every boat/ferry, subway, bus, etc... He even gets sick in a rocking chair or during 3D movies and of course roller coasters or simulator rides. The Cat & the Hat ride at Universal just about did him in for the whole week!! :scared1: We're just terrified to spend big $$ on a cruise, when we've never found a way to deal with his motion sickness and we've tried all the options we've heard of to date. I did do a cruise when I was a teenager with my family which was fantastic. Until we figure something out, I really appreciate reading all of your reports. With all of the pics Cass has posted, you'd almost think you're right there. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter