DREAMS really do come true! 1/30 4-day Cruise Report with Tons of Photos! Video done!

Hmmm, snowy Denver looks very familiar.

Great report! Thanks for all the details.

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill :goodvibes

You are the best when it comes to details!

I loved reading every bit of it!:

Thanks Paige! Not long now before your cruise :yay:

Fantastic trip report Cass!
You've covered about everything, except a few nightclubs, I'm dying to go to PINK!

Thanks for being so thorough!

Hey, have you found out yet who that travel agent was at the CC cabana?

Yeah, I still can't believe I didn't take photos of Pink!!! :sad2: Oh well, I know I got video :thumbsup2

Nope, never found out! I even did a quick search but found nothing :headache:

Thanks for the great pictures and commentary. As someone who will be going on the Dream in May, you really provided a great perspective of the ship; you captured an incredible amount of the ship.

The way you organized it is really great. I'm going to have my family members who are going on our cruise and another to prepare by reading/viewing your report. Therefore, they can easily see as much or little as they want/need.

Thanks again... Eddie

Thanks...glad the report can help you guys out :goodvibes

LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!

As Crush would say "TOTALLY AMAZING DUDE!"

Thanks Dude :hug:

Thank you so much... felt like we were right there with you....:
:thumbsup2

One word for this report Cass.....AWESOME!!!

And you're most welcome for the gift basket. I am still a little upset about what my money paid for though, but as long as you liked it, that's all that matters.

Sure did!! Those waters sure came in handy and the treats made it all the way back to Calgary to share :cool1:

Thank you so much Cass! Taking the time out to share the experience with us was so very nice! I like to read your reports because I know you are going to tell it like it is but with Disney love and I so appreciate that. I learned so much from your report and have gotten so excited to cruise again!

Thanks for taking time for all those posts! :hug:

Thanks so much for the great report! Can't wait until our first cruise in April 2012!

It won't be your last ;) :goodvibes

First of all, your report was great.
Second, do you have any idea just how far out the lifeboats jut out from the side? It appears they would be quite an obstruction for folks over them on deck 6.

Ummm, sorry can't really help there....I'm sure there will be lots of reports coming in the next few months though that might help you out :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great trip report Cass!!! Love the depth of detail you put into it as well as all the pictures.

You've got us excited to to sail on her this October as well as her sister ship the Fantasy in Nov '12 (currently booked to do that first Eastern w/ San Juan on 11/3, but also holding a ressie for the 10/20 Eastern - not sure which we'll take, but the new stop sounds better).

Too funny! The 11/3/12 was supposed to be our next cruise but I decided to cancel it and take our chances with getting a TA deal for the Fall. I am going to book a WDW vacation and if a deal pops up then we will do the cruise, if not, we will just do WDW and Universal :goodvibes

YOUR DONE?????

ok, NOW i'm going to cry

guess i'm just going to have to go back to the beginning and start all over

I still have a video to come :rolleyes1;)

this is by far my favorite trip report!!! :goodvibes

i have question...how is snatching a lounger in the adult pool/ kids pool areas...it seems to be a big rough :confused3 ...what about at castaway cay??
THANKSS again for the beautiful trip report!! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for this TR! I am so grateful for all this information! We are doing our first cruise ever in August on the Dream - so excited! I have a couple of questions:

Your door magnets! They are fantastic. I have no idea where to begin to develop/find those. Can you tell me how you made them and where to start? I really want to do that to surprise my daughters.

Reservations for Palo/Remy: we are first timers so no Platinum CC membership. Will we even be able to get a resv? I really want Remy! Also, I was told that the fee paid to eat at those restaurants includes gratuity. Is that right? I am a firm believer in tipping big for waitstaff. I know how hard that work is, and they deserve it! (Except for that rotten punk you guys got at Palo. He deserves to be tossed overboard.) Do you tip anyway?

This is a random one: did you put your iPhone into airplane mode or something to avoid roaming charges? I don't know how to work this on a cruise. I just turned my phone off when I went to Europe, so that was useless to me for the alarm that I definitely wished I had! I have Verizon, so I can call them to check into this too.

Did you see any Greek yogurt anywhere? I saw regular yogurt at Cabanas and Frozone's for smoothies, but I'm much better off with the Greek kind (less whey, more protein).

Thanks again Cass! You are a treasure to do this report. It has helped me figure out so many things I wondered about!

Thank you so much for this TR! I am so grateful for all this information! We are doing our first cruise ever in August on the Dream - so excited! I have a couple of questions:

Your door magnets! They are fantastic. I have no idea where to begin to develop/find those. Can you tell me how you made them and where to start? I really want to do that to surprise my daughters.

Reservations for Palo/Remy: we are first timers so no Platinum CC membership. Will we even be able to get a resv? I really want Remy! Also, I was told that the fee paid to eat at those restaurants includes gratuity. Is that right? I am a firm believer in tipping big for waitstaff. I know how hard that work is, and they deserve it! (Except for that rotten punk you guys got at Palo. He deserves to be tossed overboard.) Do you tip anyway?

This is a random one: did you put your iPhone into airplane mode or something to avoid roaming charges? I don't know how to work this on a cruise. I just turned my phone off when I went to Europe, so that was useless to me for the alarm that I definitely wished I had! I have Verizon, so I can call them to check into this too.

Did you see any Greek yogurt anywhere? I saw regular yogurt at Cabanas and Frozone's for smoothies, but I'm much better off with the Greek kind (less whey, more protein).

Thanks again Cass! You are a treasure to do this report. It has helped me figure out so many things I wondered about!

Too funny! The 11/3/12 was supposed to be our next cruise but I decided to cancel it and take our chances with getting a TA deal for the Fall. I am going to book a WDW vacation and if a deal pops up then we will do the cruise, if not, we will just do WDW and Universal :goodvibes

We're not 100% on the 11/3 yet, just that the itin was different and that is one of the complaints about DCL - same itins every time. So we jumped on this one before rates went up.

The 10/20 works better for school (least missed days) as does the 10/27, but that's a Western. Not sure if we'd do the western though - although it is actually better than 10/20 if we want to do time in WDW before the cruise.

You'll have a blast no matter where you go in 2012. Just spending time with the family away from the regular day to day is worth it. We are looking at getting to Universal one of these years. Especially now with the HP area open.

Maybe we'll bump into each other on a cruise in the future.

VIDEO????? ok - popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: waiting

Now that I am done my report, I will have some time to work on it this week :thumbsup2 :cool1:

this is by far my favorite trip report!!! :goodvibes

i have question...how is snatching a lounger in the adult pool/ kids pool areas...it seems to be a big rough :confused3 ...what about at castaway cay??
THANKSS again for the beautiful trip report!! :thumbsup2

Hmm, I would say REALLY tough to get one on at sea days for the ships' pool areas and a little easier to get one on CC since they now have two big beautiful beaches :goodvibes ;)

I made my door signs in Photoshop. A good place to start is the Door Signs FAQ

As for Remy, I know those are hard to come by...best bet is to try online when your booking windows comes up but if that fails, you can try for them both when you get on board. You will need to go to the designated area (check the navs) well before the time indicated to wait in line :thumbsup2

DCL states that the gratuity is included in those meals but if you feel you want to tip extra, please do so. It's all up to you ;)

Yes, I put my phone on airplane mode just in case! That way, I could use it for alarm clock purposes :goodvibes

I'm not a big yogurt person so I never looked closely at any yogurt...sorry. But, it never hurts to ask someone, the worst they will tell you is no!

We're not 100% on the 11/3 yet, just that the itin was different and that is one of the complaints about DCL - same itins every time. So we jumped on this one before rates went up.

The 10/20 works better for school (least missed days) as does the 10/27, but that's a Western. Not sure if we'd do the western though - although it is actually better than 10/20 if we want to do time in WDW before the cruise.

You'll have a blast no matter where you go in 2012. Just spending time with the family away from the regular day to day is worth it. We are looking at getting to Universal one of these years. Especially now with the HP area open.

Maybe we'll bump into each other on a cruise in the future.

That's exactly why I wanted to book that cruise originally! New port :thumbsup2 I hate St Maarten. :crazy2:

If we do cruise though, it will either be the 3rd or 10th, so if you end up on the 3rd, might see you guys onboard. We won't know until last minute which is why I will plan for WDW :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see WWoHP :goodvibes

And I agree, I don't care where the ship goes, I will be THRILLED just to cruise ::yes::

Thanks again for the wonderful trip report. Just one question, does it have to end??

Well, unless you wanna send me some $$$ so I can go again....yes! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I am working on my video right now though ;) Depends on how ambitious I get, it could be posted by the weekend :thumbsup2

I wondered that to oabout the phone. So in airplane mode you can still use the alarm and take pictures, and basically everything but phone/text/internet?
I should call Sprint and find out what roaming charges are. I know my DH will need to use his phone a few times at least.

GREAT TR. Thanks so much for all the info! We are taking our first ever cruise on the Dream in Feb 2012, and this has answered so many questions for me!

Thank you so very much for your AWESOME TR!! The pictures and information were fabulous! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the video popcorn::

Thanks again!!

OMG...I am only about half way through rough editing and it's already 17 minutes long!!! :scared1::eek: :headache::rolleyes1

after a crazy week around here (in a good way princess:), i finally got caught up reading:surfweb:

Thanks for the entertainment Cass and looking forward to the videos.:thumbsup2

I can't wait! :banana::woohoo:

Me too!!:banana:

And...the problem would be?....:confused3:goodvibes

Ummm Bandwidth :lmao::rotfl2:

after a crazy week around here (in a good way princess:), i finally got caught up reading:surfweb:

Thanks for the entertainment Cass and looking forward to the videos.:thumbsup2

Yes, very busy in your household lately :goodvibes princess:

If you had 10 cents for every time this thread was viewed, you'd have one heck of a vacation fund! :thumbsup2

Hmmm, maybe I should charge $5 admission to watch my movie popcorn:: :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: Maybe then I can take my family ;) :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter