DREAMS really do come true! 1/30 4-day Cruise Report with Tons of Photos! Video done!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by Timon, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Launchpad11B

Launchpad11B <font color=blue>DW thinks he's a <i>Manly Man</i>

Great report! Getting fired up for our Dream cruise in May! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Timon

Timon DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Writing my stateroom review...I realized I left out a few photos...

My Stateroom Part 6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Shell54

Shell54 DIS Veteran

Loving all the photos and details Thank you! Keep it coming.

5. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for posting your pictures. Could you post your navigators from your cruise?

6. Timon

Stateroom Review

Overall, I loved our wicked verandah room! :thumbsup2 Having the split bathrooms are always nice but they really came in handy having a roommate, rather than your family ::yes::

I used my KTTWC that I got at the All Stars to stick in the that energy-saving slot at the door because it would just be too inconvenient having to swap cards each time I left the room while Michelle was still in it! We made sure to always turn off the lights before we left during the day and we usually left one on at night so we wouldn't be banging into anything when we got back.

The doors are different on the Dream, there is no room at the bottom to slide anything under the door. All messages and papers had to be left in the fish extender (sea horse extender??? :lmao:).

There have been a few improvements in the rooms....

The MOST important one....no more shower curtain clinging to my BUTT!!! :cool1:

The track where the shower curtain is located is now rounded away from the shower so there's no more shower curtain from hell!! :rolleyes:

There's a nice magnified mirror inside the regular mirror in the shower bathroom. :goodvibes

More shelving in both bathrooms. :thumbsup2

The toilet paper roll totally sucked though! It came off almost every time I used it! :mad: It looked cool though :)

The shower was lovely, the faucets were different but you didn't need an advanced degree to figure it out :lmao: Maybe just a diploma of some sort :upsidedow

The fridge actually keeps things cold! My water that Nancy & Chuck bought me was super cold and it was sooooo wonderful to have COLD water when I needed it instead of having to go all the way to the drink stations.

Like I said in the previous post, the TV's really are amazing! You could watch a movie and then pause it, turn off the TV and then come back an hour later and just press start. After a while, it will come off of pause but you just have to go to your bookmarks and resume from where you last left off. Just be careful, the thing on top of the TV is the antenna for the remote control and ours had completely fallen off behind the tv. It took me a while to figure out why the remote wasn't working. :rolleyes:

There's way more room under the beds now...I'm sure you could easily fit a full sized folded stroller under there now!

The full length mirror is now inside the shower bathroom and I really missed having it on the wall outside the bathroom!

The plug-ins were good but it would have been so much better if there was one more set near the bathrooms. There's one extra plug in the socket where the alarm clock is plugged in. I just unplugged it and then turned it the other way so I could charge my netbook on the last night.

Closets were nice with the shelves and while it was great not to have the doors sliding and slamming shut, it was hard to get around the open doors when someone needed the bathroom or to leave the room but it didn't happen too often so no biggie.

The peep hole on the door was cute! It even had a cover on it inside the room so that the light doesn't shine in! The HA rooms have a second peephole as mentioned later in this thread.

The hair dryer was nice....stronger than the old ones but not as powerful as mine so I never used it.

The alarm clock was a great addition, not only did it charge my iPhone (even though it showed that warning every time I plugged it in) but it also had a blue back light on the clock that you could leave on or turn off! Also, if you have the room temp turned all the way down to max cool, blue lights came on and they sufficiently lit up the room at night so I didn't kill myself on the way to the bathroom at 3am :rolleyes:

I have back problems and Michelle graciously let me have the bed all 4 nights while she slept on the couch bed. Honestly, I think I would have been a hurting unit had she not been so generous because I laid on the bed one night and my back was hurting after about 2 minutes. Michelle said that she had no problem though.

The bed was very nice and I heard some people say they were so much better than the split beds on the classic ship but I LOVED the beds on the Magic so there wasn't a huge difference to me. The big change that I know my hubby Rob will love is the addition of the duvet! It is heavy and warm and covered in white Mickeys! I don't like to be warm so I gave the duvet to Michelle, which she loved and I took the blue blanket and the sheet which was perfect for me! We got extra pillows and well, if I could steal anything...it would have been the pillows :rotfl: I was happy with my pillows :cloud9:

One of our Disney Trainers with the AEP told us that there were indeed a handful of beds on the ship that did separate. I asked him if he was positive because I had heard that there were NONE but he said he was told by higher ups that there were. I went to Guest Services later to double check and after double checking with HIS supervisor, the CM confirmed my suspicions and told me there were NO split beds at all on the Dream. It wasn't the first time this trip that the trainers were wrong :rolleyes1

The phones kind of sucked....the wave phones weren't fully charged and when I did use the other one, it didn't always work great. We threw them in the drawer until the last night when I charged them both for the next guests. The room phone was retarded. Nothing is marked on the phone...there is a card next to it with some handy numbers but not all of them. Once there was a message on the phone so I tried retrieving it but it wouldn't play...it just kept saying "Press 3 to get your messages" over and over. Never did get that message :confused3

The worst thing about our room was this strange sound we kept hearing...it sounded like someone was brewing (bubbling) a pot of coffee in the walls. It took me a few hours to figure out the noise was coming from the fridge! If the TV was on, you couldn't hear it but otherwise, it was very noticeable and slightly annoying. Almost drove me mad at night...good thing I sleep with a pillow over my head and I walked about 7000 miles a day so I pretty much passed out right away every night :teeth:

Also, you can't hear any shipwide reports, you need your TV turned to channel 1 to hear them.

The verandah was nice to have but the new dividers made it easy for peeping toms (or peeping Debs ;)) to check out things on YOUR side of the divider. Luckily we had great neighbours (more on that later) and ended up having a lot of laughs over the lack of privacy later on.

One of my favourite things to do was go out on the verandah at night and look down at the waves soaked in the gorgeous blue light from the underside of the ship.

I LOVED our room location. Even though it was right in the doorway of the entrance to the elevator, we rarely heard any noise. It was super convenient and I will definitely stay forward again. On the Magic, I like to stay AFT, but on this ship, it will be FORWARD for me :goodvibes

Ok, I think that's about it for our room....I still have the other room photos to post but I am going to take a break now and answer some posts.

Hope you're enjoying it so far :woohoo:

7. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

Great TR so far!!! I am really enjoying all the photos as well as your impressions of the ship. Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

8. Timon

Now, don't be expecting me to post all 2000 :rotfl:

Wouldn't be a report without ya! ;)

Honestly, 1000 is a lot...I'm just a freak, that's all :lmao:

:thumbsup2

:teacher:

:tiptoe: I'll try to be a little more quiet!

:lmao:

:upsidedow

:flower3:

Ohhh maybe I did and maybe I didn't. :rolleyes1

Maybe I did it 12 times lol

9. epcotrulz

epcotrulz Mouseketeer

LOVING your TR!

popcorn::

10. Timon

Thanks for the Two Palms pic Andy :hug:

:goodvibes

Thanks H! :hug:

LOL, your patience may be tested M ;)

:banana:

:blush:

Yup, that was the KK cruise! Met a lot of fabulous people on that one!! ::yes:: Thanks for tagging along on the report :thumbsup2

You guys crack me up!! :p

It's a must! :donald:

:earboy2:

Maybe they were getting frisked :earseek::magnify::laughing:

11. Timon

No worries, I will be sending you copies of mine :goodvibes It's not your fault I was lonely....you were great company but Rob and Kira are my other half and I just don't feel whole without them ;)

Answers above in red :thumbsup2

Thanks Jen :goodvibes I will try to share as many details as possible. Hope I remember them all ;)

Yeah.....I'm weird like that :rolleyes1

Thanks! :goodvibes

You're gonne LOVE it!!! :woohoo:

You're welcome :upsidedow

Yup, I got them here, just need to scan them :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading :dogdance:

Thanks! :flower:

12. chefct

chefct Earning My Ears

popcorn::SUBBING
    Great report Cass. Can't wait for the rest. Even more excited:goodvibes for our April cruise, if thats even possible.
    Thanks.

13. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

Thanks so much for the report. It's a great departure from the snow falling (again!) outside.

Jill in CO

14. disgrits

disgrits DIS Veteran

Great as always, Cass! Love all the detailed pics in the stateroom. Lots of space under the bed I see!:thumbsup2

Looking forward to more! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Can't wait to get on that ship in June!!:cool1:

15. Dyerneeds

Dyerneeds chics dig the scar

hi Paige!:flower3: fancy meeting you here!:rotfl:

16. disgrits

disgrits DIS Veteran

Hi there, Cinnamike! How are you and the lovely Robin doing?

17. Dyerneeds

Dyerneeds chics dig the scar

hanging in there!:thumbsup2 Wont be long we'll be reading your trip report from the Double Dip eh?

18. abitagirl916

abitagirl916 Disneymaniac

Hi Paige. Don't you just love her reports? I too love all of the pictures. I'm getting so excited also about our June cruise and looking forward to meeting you and everyone else on our meets thread!

19. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Thanks so much. This is all so wonderful

20. jessrose18

jessrose18 ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

21. disgrits

disgrits DIS Veteran

Hi Tammy! Yes, Cass is dynamite! and a sweet girl, too.:hug: