DREAMS really do come true! 1/30 4-day Cruise Report with Tons of Photos! Video done!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by Timon, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Darkrobe

Darkrobe Cloning around in the Galaxy!

That's how I FEEL! :rotfl2:

Hmm, better cut it out now 'cause Cass will slap me silly for hijacking her thread for a chat session. :rolleyes1 :woohoo:

I'm actually looking forward to Cass posting a pic and telling me what the heck it is actually and if there were any more of them.
    Looks like a dog done in fiber optic lighting on the floor.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Timon

Timon DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Yup, very good food ::yes::

Souffle was as good as I remembered!

Yeah, a little I guess!

It looks like 14 to me too! They might be able to squeeze a few more but I think 20 would be pushing it. And yes, one person books it and links all the other ressies :thumbsup2

Yes it was a table for 2 but for me, it was way too small! I would have preferred the booth for 2 at the top, near the wall...much more room! The 4 tops looks like they had more room though.

I think they are just getting their training wheels off so it should improve. :goodvibes

I'm sure if we were on the Magic, you would have gotten that dish you wanted ::yes::

There were definitely people who dressed up a bit so as long as you aren't wearing shorts or a tux, you would totally feel comfortable! :goodvibes

Personally, I prefer Palo on the Magic too, I felt it was too stuffy on the Dream but that's just me :rolleyes1

Believe his name was Nino and the second dessert was the Orange Soda Float :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Well, thanks for coming out of lurkdom and posting :flower3: His service was good, I think he just needs to work on his people skills :rolleyes1

Yeah, sometimes you just get a CM that rubs you the wrong way...it happens I guess. We tried to not let it bother us too much. :)

Can't wait to be on the Fantasy with you and our princess :love:

Oh and hey...thanks for finally posting something :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I know!! That part was great! Michelle commented on how smooth the railing was on our verandah :thumbsup2

Thanks hun!!! :hug:

BAHAHHAAHAHA!!! Celebrity? NOT! :lmao: But that was a funny story about your son :rotfl2:

Yeah, perhaps in hindsight, we should have said something but I went into this cruise knowing that they were still ironing out the kinks so my expectations were lower. Now, if this happened in the summer...I totally would have complained ::yes::

Hmmm, don't know for sure but I am guessing....no ;)

You do a good job of that yourself dawg :rotfl:

Yes, it is a fiber optic dog (dalmatian) on the floor of Animator's Palate :cool1: And yes, they were all over the restaurant :thumbsup2

4. Timon

Castaway Cay Buffet at Cookies

Now, my hubby Rob normally loves eating here because of the ribs and chicken but I don't care for it. And since they switched to the whole wheat buns, I like it even less. But I do know that people love those chicken and ribs :rolleyes:

It opened at 11:30 and we got there at 11:15 so we just waited for them to open. The CM's that were working the area near the tables were awesome...they came up and asked us how we were doing, where we were from and if we needed anything. :worship:

The CM on the right was great, she was dancing and singing and just seemed general happy...which is contagious :goodvibes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up next...the FINAL food chapter :-)yay:) The Galley Tour!

5. Timon

Royal Palace/Animator's Palate Galley Tour Part 1

Part of being a Platinum member (Michelle is one, not me!) is getting a free tour...it changes all the time, sometimes it's a Galley Tour, or a Stage Tour or a Stingray Excursion but this cruise it happened to be a galley tour so I was excited since it's not available to the general public and I'm a behind-the-scenes kind of gal ;)

Unfortunately, it was hard to hear most of what the Chef was saying :guilty:

It was very similar to the Galley on the Magic, maybe a little bigger and obviously shinier and newer :goodvibes

Each kitchen had 3 big soup cookers and we got to see 2 of the soups they were making for that night's dinner (you could see the onions they were cooking for the French Onion Soup!) and 3 big dutch ovens.

The dish area was very cool, he explained how there was a clean section and a dirty section and absolutely nothing dirty could be brought into the clean section!

He gave us some stats but I don't remember them all :rolleyes:

Here's some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Timon

Royal Palace/Animator's Palate Galley Tour Part 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, that is IT for food!!!!

7. Kurby

Kurby All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou

those don't look like soup bowls to me LOL

we did the tour on the wonder 2 years ago - dh is a chef for a Hilton and even he was impressed with the size of the place

8. Cruiselady

Cruiselady Mouseketeer

Great TR!!!! I love the pictures. It looks great!!! :cool1::cool1:

9. MomsOf2boys

MomsOf2boys <font color= deeppink ><marquee>Has obsessive fing

Loved seeing the galley tour photos :thumbsup2 That's a very cool thing to have done! Did they say anything about that huge trash can of scraps? Wonder if they feed the dolphins/fish at sea?

10. Cajun28

Cajun28 Mouseketeer

I was starting to wonder if the only thing they had on the ship was food!:confused3:rolleyes:

Just kidding, I'm really enjoying your report.popcorn:::thumbsup2

11. JLDSMD

JLDSMD Platinum Castaway Club

They don't offer the Galley Tour to the general cruisers anymore, only Platinum members?

I remember doing the galley tour on of our previous cruises. It was interesting.

12. native ears

native ears Earning My Ears

Great report. Such amazing pictures. was wondering if you got any pictures of the Cat 8A cabin?

13. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that this is a really fantastic trip report! Thank you! :goodvibes

14. dahuffy

dahuffy Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

I was going to say the same thing. :confused3

15. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Amazing gally pictures. I love how they have big posters of pictures of how the plate should be plated. I need that poster next to me when I order. :goodvibes

16. davidls

davidls DIS Veteran

Ok Cass, I have to say - just like everyone on here, what a GREAT job you did with your report.:banana: And your pics - well they were fabulous!!!:cool1: I want to thank you for a wonderful job you did and for sharing your experiences and photo's with us.:worship::worship::worship: DW and I are doing a B2B on the Dream this September. We are really looking forward to seeing this beautiful ship in person. Again, thank you so much.

17. disgrits

disgrits DIS Veteran

..still reading and loving all the details!:worship:

18. dizneycrazy4

dizneycrazy4 DIS Veteran

Me too... love all the info + pics, but work is getting in the way, I can't keep up. ;)

19. Timon

Those soup bowls were delicious :rolleyes1:lmao:

The only thing he said was that the CM's in that section work hard at separating everything so not sure if he meant the food for recycling because there was just that one big bin that he was dumping stuff into but there was a lot of waste so I am thinking they do :thumbsup2

The food is the main attraction ;)

I did the Galley Tour on my first 2 cruises but I haven't seen the tour listed on any Navigators in a very long time! It certainly wasn't listed on the Dream Navigator and only about 60 of us got to go :goodvibes

I peeked in one but I didn't take photos.

Thank You!! :goodvibes

:lmao:

Well, thank you very much! :hug:

20. Timon

Glad you're still around Paige :flower3:

Don't you just hate it when that happens :rolleyes1 :lmao:

21. Timon

Upper Decks Part 1

This is going to be a very large section...it will include all the pics I took on the open decks.

When I am done posting the photos, I will post a review with my thoughts and opinions on different parts, so please be patient while I get through it all :thumbsup2 Also, I will be posting them in the order that I took them (mostly) so I may have missed someone one morning but then got it the next day, so just bare with me please!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]