DREAMS really do come true! 1/30 4-day Cruise Report with Tons of Photos! Video done!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by Timon, Feb 4, 2011.

1. cntkg1

cntkg1 <b><font color=blue>Runs with Scissors!!<br><font

PM coming your way Joanne. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. carole88

carole88 New Yorker at Heart

Thank you so much for an absolutely fantastic trip report! This has to be the most comprehensive report I have ever read!

I'm sorry your Palo experience was not great. We always look forward to that restaurant and will be very upset if we are treated they way you were treated. I think that you should have complained about the server and then see if he is still laughing. Can you tell us his name? Also, what was the second dessert that is pictured? It looks interesting. Was it good?

Thanks again for your report. Cant't wait for more!!!

4. WAHkoMom

WAHkoMom Mouseketeer

Best trip report EVAH! Love the pics, and the write-ups, Cass. We just booked the Dream for the May 8th (Mother's Day) cruise, and now that I've read your trippie I am even more excited!!

Thanks again and I'll be checking back to see what else you've added. :thumbsup2

5. branv

branv <font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents

I'm normally one of those evil types who reads but never posts. But your review is so amazing, I just had to write a great big THANK YOU!!! It's so thoughtful to go to so much trouble and put all this info out there for everyone. :hug:

I am so sorry for y'alls experience at Palo, but am mostly shocked. I've also been two times, but both times they were so gracious, encouraging and professional I'm just stunned by how you were treated. I hope if you didn't mention it on your comment card you at least send an email. I would hate to imagine this guy doing that to anyone else, which I can only assume he probably will. :headache: I say banish him to serving only at the buffet. Hopefully he can manage a tong better than people. :rolleyes1

6. delo4

delo4 Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>I am not a fancy f

We had a bad experience at Palo on the Jan 3 Magic. I asked for butter instead of the dipping sauces they give. The server actually rolled his eyes at me like he couldn't believe I would have the nerve to ask for that.

Then when I asked for no sauce on the steak, he said "well you know the sauce makes it better, but I guess if you don't want it, we could leave it off". We probably should have complained to the manager, but I hate to do that because I know Disney seriously reprimands their castmembers if they have offended guests. The server just seemed very condescending to us, not the usual servers we have encountered at Palo. I know he was new because he had recently been a server in the main dining rooms.

Sorry, you had a bad experience.

7. Darkrobe

Darkrobe Cloning around in the Galaxy!

Eating your heart out is one way to put it, I had many nights eating 2 or 3 appetizers and main dishes with several desserts. How I still lost weight during the cruise I have no idea. As for the ties, there are LOTS of classy Mickey ties, I even use them for weddings. You'll find the best ties in Downtown Disney at the World of Disney store.

How rude and un-Disney like, I would have complained for you Michelle.

You should have read her other reports :thumbsup2
    We had a cruise where the Captain asked us how her thread was going, which shocked us a bit. Maybe we'll be lucky and the Dream Captain will be secretly reading this and perhaps put a word or two in about the service at Palo for the ladies.

So Nancy, if we go on the Fantasy next year does that mean you're dragging Tony & Stacey along so you can have more grandchildren? ;)

8. Darkrobe

Darkrobe Cloning around in the Galaxy!

Oooo, I got a FO!
    Oh, wrong thread... sorry, my bad; UnderDawg made me do it.

Great TR so far Gorgeous, looking forward to seeing the new ship with you next year!

9. Karen Mouse

Karen Mouse resiurK deknoK

I certainly do love that pizza! I remember you gave me your slice:hug:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

10. WDW Poly Princess

WDW Poly Princess <font color=darkcoral>Needs a Disney Fix<br><font

Loving all of the food/restaurant pics! And there's just something so cool about the ship being all shiny and new!

11. Launchpad11B

Launchpad11B <font color=blue>DW thinks he's a <i>Manly Man</i>

Wow! You have class and self control for not saying anything to the server and manager about that rude behavior. Good for you. I think I may have chased him around the restaurant with a butter knife! ;) :rotfl:

12. cntkg1

cntkg1 <b><font color=blue>Runs with Scissors!!<br><font

I would just love it! Best little souvenir anyone ever got from a Disney vacation. :cloud9::love::cloud9:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I agree Susan. I keep looking and looking at that picture. It's just gorgeous!:thumbsup2

Cass, you did an amazing job with those pics. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

13. MomsOf2boys

MomsOf2boys <font color= deeppink ><marquee>Has obsessive fing

I'm not suprised by this at all. She's like a celebrity on Dis. My son who is 3 1/2 hrs away at college text me, "Hey Mom, Cass (Timon) is doing a trip report." I text back, "If you were READING it you would have seen my post there already!"

14. MomsOf2boys

MomsOf2boys <font color= deeppink ><marquee>Has obsessive fing

When he came with the bill, did you roll your eyes and point to it and ask, "Is this where you want me to put the tip at? It would be better with the tip on wouldn't it? But I guess if you don't want it I can leave it off?" :rotfl::rotfl:

15. Scouter

Scouter DIS Veteran

That is just terrible.
    I think I might have gone down to guest services later and made a complaint.
    How else will they learn.

16. Scouter

Scouter DIS Veteran

That is just terrible.
    I think I might have gone down to guest services later and made a complaint.
    How else will they learn.

17. KingRichard

KingRichard DIS Veteran

Thank you again for your hard work here!

Great pics of the Cigar lounge with the roof overhang.

Any idea if it is heated in anyway?

Thank you again.

18. Kurby

Kurby All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou

this is shocking and very undisney. i would have spoken up - serious reprimand or not - if he does it to one he does it to any and all who dare ask for something different.

and can you imagine what he says about the guests who don't hear him??

rude behaviour is unacceptable especially when you're paying a small fortune for the cruise and then paying for the restaurant on top of it.

plus why should they get away with this behaviour. what you're (not you specifically but the general you) doing is saying it's ok, i don't mind if you're rude to me and then reward them even more by leaving a tip.

service has gone down hill for years but when you pay extra you should demand better service - after all it's not mcdonalds it's disney and they should be held up to a higher standard - it's what they do.

19. Cajun28

Cajun28 Mouseketeer

Wow!!!

You had every right to complain. I know I would have.

20. Dyerneeds

Dyerneeds chics dig the scar

you trying to get me into trouble buddy?;);):rotfl::cool2:

21. Dyerneeds

Dyerneeds chics dig the scar

:sail:

and i wasnt even trying.;);):rotfl: