Dreams Come True! An April Adventure of Being Remembered & Making Magic Updated 11/6!

Missed another update!

Looks like you guys were having a great morning at DHS! I hope that you rode RNR later, it really is a ton of fun.

Awesome that you got on TSM twice in one morning! I'm glad that everyone liked it.

mike the canuck said:
Oh man. That Red Velvet Cupcake is #1 on my to do list for my December trip

As it should be!! The tastiest thing everrrrrrr!! But make sure to get it early, Starring Rolls closes before a dinner time snack! (found that out the hard way!)

Missed another update!

Looks like you guys were having a great morning at DHS! I hope that you rode RNR later, it really is a ton of fun.

Awesome that you got on TSM twice in one morning! I'm glad that everyone liked it.

It was a good time! And you're just going to have to wait to find out! Haha. I love TSM, and the fact that we got to ride it twice was such a bonus!

Before we start, I have a little life update to just include in here! SURPRISE!!! I just returned from a quick 2 day trip down to Orlando! HA! Not such a surprise for some of you I know. I arrived Wed, spent the evening in the park. Thurs went to AK & Epcot all before noon, then went to a face character audition, and back to MK. Friday did rope drop and a bunch of characters then back to the hotel for the ME to pick me up and come home!!

I will be doing a quick little trip report for this trip (you'll be able to find the link on the first page) but I do have to wait a bit. Problem being: I picked up my baggage from the caroseul last night noticing a couple of the zippers were a little open and thought to myself "wow...hope nothing important like my camera fell out of there..." Zip it back up and head home, unpacking, and lo and behold my camera is gone. You've got to be kidding me. Upon further inspection, I find my charger is also conviently missing as well....well that's interesting... I've emailed Disney to see if by chance it fell out on the ME (and in hopes that they'll give me some major pixie dust and discount the photopass?) and am going to call the airline/cab company today to double check there, but we all know that it's not going to be found.

For those of you who have been reading since last May, you know that this camera was actually a replacement for one that got stolen from my work last year....I seriously have the worst luck with cameras. I checked the photopass pics out, and they're all decent, but I'm missing the ones with Merida.... *le sigh*

Hopefully things work out! On the plus side, I only used my camera for character pics, using my Iphone for everything else, so there's some hope for a TR haha. Needless to say, I will not be flying with American Airlines again.

Anyway, on with the show!

As I had said, getting cupcakes and then stopping for Beauty and the Beast has become a tradition of mine. It works out so that we don’t have to stop and halt our plans to eat our cupcakes, and it’s way to hard to wander around with the cupcakes being that size, not to mention it gives it time to digest before you’re on rides again haha.

I absolutely LOVE this show! I like the fact that they did “mash ups” of some of the songs to get them all in there, and not leave out Gaston. In case you haven’t read along on a previous TR, I’ll let ya in on a little secret, Gaston= my love. Lawl. Yup, there’s just something about him that I love, I think it’s the voice, the manliness haha. My mom even said when I was little “You would never be Belle, you would be one of those silly girls” SO TRUE. Anyway, on with the show!!

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

Look at all that fist pumping, it was clearly quite the party! I kid…I kid…. It was clearly not a party, and clearly that castle was in TROUBLE. Luckily, there’s more to come!!

IMG_3124.jpg

See?! That castle was in trouble!!

IMG_3125.jpg

BUT! True love always wins and prevails!

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

And there comes the fastest (probably most complicated) quick change of life….props to that backstage crew!

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

Overall thoughts of the show: it was good, neither the Gaston or the Belle were the best I’ve seen, and some of the dancers were definitely fantastic (there’s one blonde one who looks kind of like Chelsie Hightower from SYTYCD/DWTS) she’s great, always fantastic. But there were definitely some that were lacking, they’d had auditions enough time ago that there’s probably some new dancers in there, and to me (a fellow dancer) it just kinda stood out. Tanessa also noticed that one of the dancers looked A LOT like the “purple” guy from Hoop De Doo earlier in the trip. It could have been him? Who knows, we kinda tried to figure it out, maybe he was part time B&TB while he finished up his Hoop contract? That made most sense…if it was him… WHO KNOWS?!

We finished the show and headed out right away, and since we were there, and we had a fast pass for it, why not just head straight to Tower of Terror? Using the fast pass line, we were through in just about 5 minutes, and while we were down in the basement waiting to board the elevator, we saw a very particular sight….

IMG_3137.jpg

Yup…that’s Phineas & Ferb down in the Tower of Terror ride, and they boarded an elevator (I think? Maybe we boarded and didn’t see what happened to them? I can’t remember now) Weird…weird weird weird….who knows why they were down there! And now onto the ride!

IMG_3140.jpg

This ride was a whole lot better than the one earlier in the day, there were more and bigger drops than the first one, and it just had more thrill to it than this morning’s ride! Yay! We headed out of the hotel, and back down towards the hat with the intention of seeing Voyage of the Little Mermaid…the question is, would we make it there!?

Great update! How did the auditions go?
I was really curious about you seeing Phineas and Ferb in ToT so I googled it. As it turns out, you caught them filming 'A Summer to Remember at Disney Parks with Phineas andFerb'. I found the video on YouTube.

So cool!!

One of these days you and Maddie are gonna have to spend the day watching all of those shows that you two love. :lmao::lmao:

I'm totally picturing Gaston hanging out with the kids from Jersey Shore now.

How crazy that P&F were riding ToT!

Can't wait to hear about the latest audition trip!

Great update! How did the auditions go?
I was really curious about you seeing Phineas and Ferb in ToT so I googled it. As it turns out, you caught them filming 'A Summer to Remember at Disney Parks with Phineas andFerb'. I found the video on YouTube.

So cool!!

Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! You'll just have to wait around and see how they went! ;) heehee. That's great to know!! I'll have to look it up and make sure to tell Tanessa, we were both so confused!!

One of these days you and Maddie are gonna have to spend the day watching all of those shows that you two love. :lmao::lmao:

I'm totally picturing Gaston hanging out with the kids from Jersey Shore now.

How crazy that P&F were riding ToT!

Can't wait to hear about the latest audition trip!

Hahaha!! Yes!! That'd be awesome! Lol..oh Gaston would fit right in with them!!

On the bright side, I've discovered a way to snag the pp pics, so I'll be able to start the TR relatively soon!!

I'm starting this post off with a little bit of excitement! As it is August 1st, that means there is 1 MONTH LEFT UNTIL DISNEY WOOOORRRRLLLDDDD. I am seriously so excited (even though I was there a week ago ha!) Which also means I have 1 month to finish this TR. Luckily I have updates typed up already, and yes, as I said, I was there last week. So I will have that TR to get through to, and ideally, I'd like to be done by the time I leave in Sept. Now that I've got your attention, a little life update:

#1:I've got job interviews left right and center right now, and things are looking pretty good, it looks like I'm going to officially be out of dinner theatre!!

#2: Even with 3 weeks off dance, ballroom class went fantastic yesterday, and I actually may have a hope at the competition in Oct!!

#3: My camera went missing from my luggage on the way home from Disney last week, and after talking to all the airports and airlines & Disney ME, it hasn't been located (I didn't expect it to. When the camera & the charger conveniently go missing together, it's not by chance) But my mom offered to go halfsies on a new camera with me!! YAY! Early Christmas present! Now, because of that, I need your help, what is your favorite point & shoot? I'm looking for one a little more high up than the "canon power shot elph 100" that I had, preferably with more zoom, but one that is still compact, and not a crazy photographer camera. Any ideas?!

#4: I love you all and hope you're having a magical day!

Well, that plan to see VOTLM, yeah, died as soon as we got down to Hollywood Boulevard, why, do you ask? Well because we had stumbled upon the Countdown to Fun Parade! Yay! I did not really have fond memories of this parade, as we got stuck behind it while trying to find food while it was scorching hot out, and we were all very hangry & getting grouchier by the moment. So, I figured it was about time to give it a second chance, right?!

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

What was my opinion on the parade this time around?! I loved it! Seriously! Sometimes when you go a while without seeing things, the next time you see it, there’s a whole new appreciation for it. And this was one of those times, I actually thoroughly enjoyed it, there was lots of energy, lots of characters, and it was a fun parade to watch!

I love that parade! It's fun to see all of the Pixar characters that you don't see anywhere else. I could do without the song though... :lmao:

Yay for job interviews! Good luck!

Our point and shoot is a Sony Cybershot. It's a little more expensive than the other P&S cameras, but the zoom is good and the shutter speed isn't bad either.

I love that parade! And its song! :goodvibes

No advice on a camera. We have been using our iPhones exclusively for two years. Never thought to get another camera. :)

As it should be!! The tastiest thing everrrrrrr!! But make sure to get it early, Starring Rolls closes before a dinner time snack! (found that out the hard way!)

Thanks for the tip. That cupcake shall be mine...

ps. That sucks about your camera. Not Cool AA...not cool

I love that parade! It's fun to see all of the Pixar characters that you don't see anywhere else. I could do without the song though... :lmao:

Yay for job interviews! Good luck!

Our point and shoot is a Sony Cybershot. It's a little more expensive than the other P&S cameras, but the zoom is good and the shutter speed isn't bad either.

Haha! I've grown to love the parade and really do like the music too. I won't lie, I sit here and listen to it & the Move it Shake it all the time! I wish there was a way to download that music! I'd totally do my cardio to it haha, keep me going! Lol

Thanks! I'm headed to one right now, and it's actually for serving at the place Tyler's cooking at, so I've got a good chance!

I'll take a look at that one! The photog board said the Canon S95 & SX-260, so I'll compare!

Thanks for the tip. That cupcake shall be mine...

ps. That sucks about your camera. Not Cool AA...not cool

Good! Hahha, and yeah, it really does suck, but my mom did say she would go halfsies with me on a new one, which is super awesome!

I love that parade! And its song! :goodvibes

No advice on a camera. We have been using our iPhones exclusively for two years. Never thought to get another camera. :)

Yay!! It's pretty great. And yeah, I used my Iphone for all the rest of the pictures last trip, and they turn out pretty well, but sometimes the quality when I zoom in goes down really hardcore, so I do want an actual camera!

With the parade done, we headed over to where our original destination had been before we started counting down to fun, Voyage of the Little Mermaid! Yay! As Ariel is my favorite princess, obviously her movie is also one of my favorites. Ariel is awesome, Eric is my prince of choice (when I’m not hanging around with Naveen that is haha!) and it’s just my favorite, I can watch that movie over and over again, so obviously I enjoy the little show.

IMG_1130.jpg

Disney rule: look up!

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

I don’t know about you (or any small child) but I seriously find Ursula creepy, I think it’s because she’s so freaking big! I know I’d be frightened by her!

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

I also really like that in the production, Ariel actually ends up in her slinky dress! It was always my favorite, and you never see her in it in any merchandise, pictures, or anything, so I’m glad it makes an appearance here. And as much as I do like this show, it also makes me laugh how they skip practically the whole movie, and just show shots on the screen. When they were making shows for DHS they definitely planned on how to make the shows short, but keep at least the most important parts of the plot in…while skipping 3/4 of the movie haha! Watching this also makes me even more interested in seeing the Little Mermaid on Broadway (if you didn’t know it existed, yes, yes it does) I have the music, and it sounds incredible, and I’m *really* hoping it comes through Canada so I can get the chance to see it! Tanessa also enjoyed the show, and we moved on to our next destinations!

I still wanted to get some photopass shots on the Streets of America, so we decided that if we circled through there next it would kill some time before 4:45! Along the way we noticed that some of Andy’s toys were out to play in Pixar Place!

IMG_3184.jpg

And then we noticed that there were in fact no photopass-es out in St of America, booo. We kept checking back throughout the day and never did end up finding any. I’m not too sure what it was about this trip, but we never seemed to find photopass people in the places that I had seen them in the past. Who knows, it may have just been time of day?

Tanessa wanted to do some shopping, so we started to browse through some shops on Hollywood Boulevard. I found a bunch of cute shirts, along with some other stuff, but only took pictures of them, didn’t actually buy anything (what can I say, I was a little short on money this trip!)

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

I did really want the monorail shirt! I know I’d probably never wear it, I wish there was a tank-top, or at least women’s style of it, I’d wear it as pajamas, but not out of the house. Lol. Another time maybe I’ll get it haha. While Tanessa was buying a couple of shirts, I did try on some shirts & dresses, and debated the Mickey croc/toms that you see around the parks. (and in the end, I am actually disappointed that I didn’t get them, they would have been super awesome to wear during the summer. I don’t wear flats a whole lot, and wanted something that was between flats & runners to wear with shorts…shoulda bought them! Oh well, next time!) She took a little bit longer than me looking through the shops, so I peeked out into the street where Disney Channel Rocks was going on!

IMG_3187.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

I definitely recognized some of the performers in this as the same ones from the Countdown to Fun Parade earlier, and made the thought that they definitely do the most work. Doing however many shows a day plus the parade, that’s a lot of dancing all around, props to them for still having that much energy to keep it up all day!

Once the show was over, Tanessa and I cut across the little hub, it was time for a snack, and we knew exactly where we wanted to get one from, the ice cream stand! Yay! On the way back, we decided that clearly, with popsicles in hand was the best time to get some more photopass pics done!

Photo0157FourBySix.jpg

Photo0158FourBySix.jpg

Photo0160FourBySix.jpg

Photo0162FourBySix.jpg

Photo0166FourBySix.jpg

Obviously, when in doubt, stop for photo passes! My goal for the next trip is to hit up every single spot at least once (it should be relatively easy to do with 11 days total in the park!) Last Sept we got 2 discs of photos, and I’m usually such a promoter of photopass, but with this trip, it just didn’t cut it, whether we didn’t stop for enough photographers, or there weren’t as many out, I just feel like we didn’t really get our money’s worth this time.

I'm attempting to get my newest TR up and running for you guys! I'm just having a problem with photobucket and flikr currently...ugh...

Oh man! Imma be getting that Monorail shirt next time as well that Red Velvet cupcake.

Yay! I can't wait to hear about your auditions. Even though you're leaving dinner theatre, are you still interviewing in the entertainment (I guess that's the right word?) industry? Congrats on your good interviews :)

I love how all the villagers in BatB show have the same cloaks on. I don't know, I just find it really funny!

I have TSM for the Wii, didn't know it was available on the phone. I'll have to investigate!

Disney T-shirts are cut so oddly. I don't really like a lot of the women's t-shirts (they're very frilly and princess-y and I have no idea where I'd wear them) but the unisex/men's ones are huge! Why don't you want my money, Disney??

I'm sorry you lost your old camera, but new photo equipment is so exciting! I spend waaay too much money on my camera as it is but it's never enough. Always something new and exciting coming out! Did you pick out something you liked?

Oh man! Imma be getting that Monorail shirt next time as well that Red Velvet cupcake.

I know right?! I love it!!

Yay! I can't wait to hear about your auditions. Even though you're leaving dinner theatre, are you still interviewing in the entertainment (I guess that's the right word?) industry? Congrats on your good interviews :)

I love how all the villagers in BatB show have the same cloaks on. I don't know, I just find it really funny!

I have TSM for the Wii, didn't know it was available on the phone. I'll have to investigate!

Disney T-shirts are cut so oddly. I don't really like a lot of the women's t-shirts (they're very frilly and princess-y and I have no idea where I'd wear them) but the unisex/men's ones are huge! Why don't you want my money, Disney??

I'm sorry you lost your old camera, but new photo equipment is so exciting! I spend waaay too much money on my camera as it is but it's never enough. Always something new and exciting coming out! Did you pick out something you liked?

Thanks!! I'll definitely be posting a link somewhere in here for that TR. I'm not really looking for something in entertainment, I mean, for the past 5 months I've been just bartending at the theatre, so I've been out of the schticking part for a while, I'm just looking for something that will pay more!

It's awesome! I play it so much, love it!!

Ugh, tell me about it, I love so many of the shirts, but they just aren't cut right, I wish they had female versions of the male shirts, it'd be far more awesome!

I'm thinking of either the Canon S95 or the Canon SX-260, those are the ones that have been mostly recommended for me, so we'll see!

Hey friends! I have officially started my next Trip Report, here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45768767#post45768767
And I hope you enjoy!!

Our day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was slowly drawing to a close, even though it was only afternoon, we didn’t have a whole lot to do in the park (especially as we ended up skipping both the stunt shows!) and now it was nearly 4:45, so Tanessa and I headed towards the animation building, where I knew there would be some characters out and about at this time of day! Our first stop was a practically perfect friend with her little penguin helper!

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

And then right around the corner to some furry friends we had yet to meet, and probably wouldn’t see again on the trip, so of course we made the time to stop to see them!

IMG_3195.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

Figuring that it’s always fun to meet some Chipmunks, we made a stop in to see our favorite boys next!

IMG_3197.jpg

What’s that!? More characters that aren’t really out and about often, why of course we’ll stop to see them!

IMG_3198.jpg

Next up, we *had* to make a stop for Stitch! A friend of ours back home was a huuuuge fan of Stitch, and we had been thinking of things to get for him the entire trip, and since Stitch doesn’t talk, we couldn’t exactly get a video of him saying hello, so we settled for a written hello instead!

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

I remember Stitch not being too friendly today either, I’m not sure why, end of the day maybe? Man, I wish I had more details about all of our character greetings, heck, I wish I had more details about the trip in general. I’ve usually been so good with writing everything down, and even used my phone this trip so I had it with me as each thing was happening. The lack of details is kinda boring! Ha! My bad!

With character palooza done, I turned to Tanessa and asked her what she wanted to do for the rest of the day. We could hang out in the park, killing time until Fantasmic (which would be interesting as most of the shows were done by now) or we could walk over to the Boardwalk, kill some time there, maybe get some dinner, or simply just return to Caribbean Beach, and get some dinner, drinks, maybe a swim, and explore in the sunlight. The final idea of heading back to the resort won, and we headed out of Hollywood Studios, time to say good bye!

IMG_3202.jpg

In the end, I did not end up going on Rock N Rollercoaster today (not sure if that ended up getting mentioned earlier or not) I was feeling better around the time Beauty & the Beast finished, and Tanessa & I were going to go, but I felt like Tyler would get super mad if I went without him, so we decided not to. After a quick bus ride (we lucked out and there was a bus there right as we walked up too!) we arrived back at CBR, and headed straight to our room to change into swim suits and headed to our little pool for a quick swim.

This was definitely the first time I had managed to get back to a resort early enough that it wasn’t that cold yet, (which is even more surprising considering how the weather had been this week) so it was nice to have a quick swim before changing and heading over to Old Port Royale, it was time for some food, some drinks, and naturally, finding Tyler.

He was down at the bar, enjoying a drink watching some hockey, and Tanessa and I joined him for some drinks (whatever their special was, the pina colava or whichever, something like that, wasn’t a pina colada, but a cocktail) I also ducked in to get some food, the roast chicken with mashed potatos, corn, and cornbread!

IMG_3203.jpg

Tyler of course asked if he could have my cornbread…uhh…no….have you met me?! Get your own!! Haha. I also picked up some of the Mickey crazy straws inside for Tanessa and I to drink our drinks with, cause we’re that cool. After I finished eating, we explored around the main pool area, it looked super awesome, and Tanessa definitely wanted to swim in it later, and made me promise I would too (yeah…that never happened…ha!!) Then we set off to explore the resort and the little island in the middle!

IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

Somewhere along our journey through Caribbean Cay, I heard some voices behind us, and turned around to make sure I was out of the way of any possible running children or stroller, and actually noticed that I recognized the people coming our way! It was Shannon & Maddie (better known on here as Shan23877) we stopped and chatted for a little bit, but not long, as they had some serious swimming to do, and had to get back to the pool quick, as “they couldn’t all fit in the bathtub to swim” Ha. So cute, seriously!! It was impressive that that was the only time we ended up actually talking throughout the trip, as we had seen each other twice in the parks, had pretty much the same plans, and were staying at the same resort.

Tanessa and I finished crossing the island, and finished the semi circle back to our room where we were quick to shower, while I spent some time on tumblr, and uploading pics. Thanks to the resorts now having wireless, I found one of my favorite things to do at the end of the day was to upload everything (both to facebook and photobucket) and to go through the photopasses that we had up to then and add the borders and edits then. It seriously saves time in terms of writing trip reports, and it also helps with getting the photopass cd quicker after getting home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter