dream turning around.

Does anyone know what REALLY happened? There is nothing in the FloridaToday or Orlando Sentinel or on the tv stations' websites.

We had a medical emergency on our cruise last week but luckily it was prior to our leaving the dock. I feel for the family though that they did not get to take their cruise!

I received first hand reports yesterday why they went back to port.
They forgot the Mickey ice cream bars, and the captain decided that could easily turn into a safety issue (riot), so the decision was made to return to port after consultation with the home office. No tug/boat was willing to haul the 1500 lbs out in the channel to meet the ship and try to offload. To risky. So they averted a potentially serious situation. This is why I book with DCL.

Just saw this on Cruise Critic (from ashley@cruisecritic):

Hey guys,

We've been in touch with Disney, and as you all suspected, it was a medical emergency, and a passenger had to be evacuated. We were told it only set the ship back a couple of hours, so the itinerary shouldn't be impacted.

I hope the passnger is doing better. But what a bummer. The Dream captian handled verry well acroding to all reports. This is why i will travel with DCL
Just saw this on Cruise Critic (from ashley@cruisecritic):

Hey guys,

We've been in touch with Disney, and as you all suspected, it was a medical emergency, and a passenger had to be evacuated. We were told it only set the ship back a couple of hours, so the itinerary shouldn't be impacted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!