Dream oct 14-18

lisakramer

Mouseketeer
Hi all - We are now back to reality from our cruise and WDW trip. I'm happy to answer any questions that I can.
We were in cabin 5044, extended verandah, no pull down bed. Room was gorgeous. Plenty of storage for a family of 3. It did have a trunk/table thing.
DS4 LOVED the kids club and did not want to leave when it was time to go to bed.
We did the Atlantis Shallow Water Dolphin encounter/Aquaventure excursion and had a wonderful time. Our dolphin and trainers were great. DS4 enjoyed the kids water areas.
Castaway was beautiful. Checked DS4 into the kids club, DH and I biked over to the adult beach. Sadly just as I had ordered my Konk Kooler, the wavephone told us that DS wanted to be picked up. Oh well. DS and I went back to the ship and enjoyed a mostly empty Mickey pool and Nemo splash zone for a couple hours while DH biked some more.
We did not make it to any of the shows or to the pirate party, unfortunately. DH was massively seasick no matter what we did or meds he tried. Alas, this was his first and last cruise.
I felt that the food was acceptable, but nothing spectacular. But we did not get to do Remy or Palo.
Loved the ship and am planning to do another cruise sometime in the future.

ETA - we did have REALLY choppy seas the 1st night. But nice weather the rest of the trip. DH was taking Bonine pre-trip, but eventually quite taking anything since nothing was helping him.

Thank you for your review!

Sorry to hear your DH was sick. Bummer! :worried:

We leave on Nov 4th for our first cruise and couldn't be more excited. Biking at Castaway Cay sounds right up our alley. Glad you were able to make the best of the situation and enjoyed the mickey pool to yourself.

Not sure if your husband would be willing to try again or not (given his experience, I would not blame him if he is through with cruising!), but my husband and I are prone to motion sickness, and have found Bonine (brand in the US) very helpful. We start taking it a day BEFORE the cruise, and we take it at night every night while on the ship. Have never had a problem on cruise ships when taking Bonine. Some people use the "patch" but I have heard of some with bad side effects from that (others swear by it). My impression is that once you develop seasickness the medicine isn't helpful - only for preventing? Did you have bad weather on your cruise? Thankfully with the larger and more stable ships seasickness is becoming less frequent on cruises, but it still happens. At any rate, so sorry for your husband, because I understand how miserable that is!

I too would like to know if it was bad weather. DW is prone, but only in choppy waters. She's been fine in the Caribbean, but on a September Alaska trip a few years back, 1/3 of the ship (crew included) was sick due to Alaska being more windy that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter