Dream June 15, 2015 4 Nights Bahamian Cruise

I am up for consolidating the FE groups. If that's what we want to do, I'll take mine down. It makes sense to have just one group.

We just got back from WDW today. It was a great vacation but after cruising for the last 3 years I really missed it. Cruising is so relaxing for us compared to the touring at the parks. I'm exhausted! I need a vacation from the vacation.

How many days did you spend at the park?

Just booked this cruise, first time with DCL :cool1:

Me and the kids have cruised before but DH has never been on one so he wanted to try out a shorter option and I wanted to try out Disney so win/win :)

It will be me and DH and then DD 12 and DD 5 heading out in a family balcony room. Super excited for the trip and really trying hard to not tell my 5 year old since every time she sees the promos on Disney Jr for DCL she gets all excited and tells me she wants to go on that Big Boat.

*Found the FB page :)

Hello fellow Disney fans! I just booked this cruise and am soooooo excited! My husband and I have cruised before but never on Disney. This will be our children's first cruise (will be ages 7, 5, and 1 at that time). We are also taking my MIL! I have some questions for those of you that have been on the Disney Dream before.

1. We booked connecting rooms on the 6th floor, front ship (obstructed ocean view). Will the front of the ship on this deck be loud or quiet? Can you feel much ocean movement from this location?

2. I am curious about the infant area. I know my 7 and 5 year olds will have a blast, but I am a little nervous about leaving the 1 year old. Can someone share their experience?

3. Are there any "must do" shore excursions for the family?

Thanks so much! We can't wait!!!

We just booked this cruise and we would love to be part of the FE group. Will we be doing that here or on a separate thread?

Posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

Please review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Hello All! I posted on this thread a week or so ago and did not get a reply. I had a few questions about the cruise (see previous post). I really look forward to hearing from someone. I would also love to join the FE for this cruise! Thanks!

~Dana

I'm still here and have been checking back for signs of life. I would really like to get started on FE gifts soon so I am anxious for more info on the group.

We did this same itinerary cruise on Dream two tears ago and loved it. We stayed midship deck 7. There were no issues with noise or movement. We cruised with our kids but never took them to the drop off kids clubs. We did the glass bottom boat tour on Castaway Cay (not worth the money or the loss of island time) and the Dolphin Encounter on Blue Lagoon in Nassau.

I'm still here and have been checking back for signs of life. I would really like to get started on FE gifts soon so I am anxious for more info on the group.

We did this same itinerary cruise on Dream two tears ago and loved it. We stayed midship deck 7. There were no issues with noise or movement. We cruised with our kids but never took them to the drop off kids clubs. We did the glass bottom boat tour on Castaway Cay (not worth the money or the loss of island time) and the Dolphin Encounter on Blue Lagoon in Nassau.

Hello there! Thank you for responding. How was the Blue Lagoon Encounter? Worth the money? I am just starting to read about the whole FE thing. Sounds great! I wonder why it's so quiet here? Other cruise date threads have tons of posts.

On our previous cruise, the Disboard wasn't very active either. I organized the FE group and it was small but really neat.

The boat ride to Blue Lagoon island was nice and the island is beautiful. The food was limited and pricey so we packed cruise room service sandwiches and water and are our lunch on the boat ride back. The animal encounter areas weren't quite as spectacular as we had hoped but the dolphin encounter was a surprise 16th birthday present for our daughter and worth every penny because it was
Something she had always wanted to do. We were just observers so much less expensive. It is a once in a lifetime kind of thing, I think.

On our previous cruise, the Disboard wasn't very active either. I organized the FE group and it was small but really neat.

The boat ride to Blue Lagoon island was nice and the island is beautiful. The food was limited and pricey so we packed cruise room service sandwiches and water and are our lunch on the boat ride back. The animal encounter areas weren't quite as spectacular as we had hoped but the dolphin encounter was a surprise 16th birthday present for our daughter and worth every penny because it was
Something she had always wanted to do. We were just observers so much less expensive. It is a once in a lifetime kind of thing, I think.

Thank you for the information! I am so excited that I am obsessing about this cruise (watching videos, looking up FE ideas, etc). My husband thinks I am crazy. Haha!

My three kids and I will be cruising the Disney Dream starting June 15, 2015 and I am wondering if this is the place to get info on FEs and such. Our information:
Karen (me, the mom)
Jordan (daughter, 24 yrs)
Destry (daughter, 17 yrs)
Nash (son, 8 yrs)
This is our first EVER cruise, and Nash's first Disney experience, so you can cut the excitement with a knife! Please feel free to share!!!

My three kids and I will be cruising the Disney Dream starting June 15, 2015 and I am wondering if this is the place to get info on FEs and such. Our information:
Karen (me, the mom)
Jordan (daughter, 24 yrs)
Destry (daughter, 17 yrs)
Nash (son, 8 yrs)
This is our first EVER cruise, and Nash's first Disney experience, so you can cut the excitement with a knife! Please feel free to share!!!

Certainly!! :)

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago..

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread. There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Many Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

Enjoy!

Anybody planning on running the 5k at Castaway? I've ran it twice, and look forward to running it on this cruise.

Hi there! We just booked and I learned about the FE from a friend. I am so excited to find this board! It will be myself, my DH and our DD. We are going for her 6th birthday!

Hi Everyone! We are first time DCL cruisers. Extended family going - we have 4 cabins. 5 kids aged from 11-18. Curious about the FE group. It's not looking like there is much going on with this cruise. Is it normal for there to be so little activity at this time frame? Just curious! Thanks for everything!

Hi there! We just booked and I learned about the FE from a friend. ...

... Curious about the FE group. It's not looking like there is much going on with this cruise. ...
FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has posted recently about a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

Enjoy! :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!