Dream Hairdryers

emilykarpinski

Earning My Ears
A bit of an odd question but what are the hair dryers like on the Dream? Are they the standard hotel room ones? I despise hotel room types because they're so low powered and they take forever to dry my hair, so I was wondering if I should just bring my own or not. Any input?

This topic comes up now and then, and while some say that their hair dryer was perfectly fine, others say that theirs was terrible. We were on the Dream in February, and our hair dryer was just short of terrible. It took forever to dry my hair. I have to say, though, that I am still not planning on taking my own hair dryer for our cruise in March on the Fantasy. I'd rather have my hair slightly damp at dinner then lug my hair dryer to the ship!

FWIW, some have said that they requested a replacement dryer and that the second one was better than the first.

emilykarpinski said:
A bit of an odd question but what are the hair dryers like on the Dream? Are they the standard hotel room ones? I despise hotel room types because they're so low powered and they take forever to dry my hair, so I was wondering if I should just bring my own or not. Any input?

Our dryers on the Dream were much more powerful than those hotel dryers that sort of gently blow warm air. :). They were at least as powerful as my home blower. Just remember to plug it into the dedicated plug at the desk and you should be fine. Worst case, as the pp stated, ask for a new one.

The hairdryers on the Dream/Fantasy are real ones with multiple speeds, temperatures, and attachments. You will find it in the desk drawer and there is a special plug on the desk for it. I found that it worked exactly like mine at home.

The Magic/Wonder have the built in hotel styles that don't work very well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter