Dream/Fantasy 8A cabins

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Silverfox97, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Poly-Anna

Poly-Anna Mouseketeer

After seeing the pictures posted by emtmom, I couldn't resist changing our 9D room to this room. My DH and DS8 constantly fight over the TV and the extra cost of the room will so be worth saving my sanity for 7 nights! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for the pictures! :banana:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

How funny!

4. Cmbar

Cmbar DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for posting this room information. I am so bummed because we are a family of four and I can't imagine going on a cruise for a week with two teens and not having a split bath. I was just about to book the 8A category with a GTY status but now I am concerned that I will get one with a non split bath.

Does anyone know what other rooms or Categories don't have split baths?? If I book a Cat 8B as a GTY I would still have a chance of getting one without a split bath right? Love the space and the two portholes, but I don't know if we could survive without the split bath. Should I move up to at least a Cat 6 so I can be guaranteed a split bath.

5. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

According to the chart in Post #1, none of the 8A have a split bath. Is that right?

6. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Yes it is correct. There are no 8A staterooms that have a split bath.

7. Cmbar

Cmbar DIS Veteran

How about 8B. Do they have split baths??

8. Tinknalli

Tinknalli DIS Veteran

8A does not have split baths. 8B does. If you book 8B GTY you do run a tiny risk of getting an 8A, but due to their popularity I think the chances are slight. To guarantee the split bath book 7A GTY or higher or a specific room with a split bath in a lower category.

9. Cmbar

Cmbar DIS Veteran

Thanks! That was what I was thinking. I think I will stick with a 8B. We are a family of four so it looks like our chances of getting an 8A is slim since it looks like most of them only sleep 3. My TA thinks this would be the best bet because there is good chance that we could be bumped up to a verandah cabin, so we will give it a try. Either way we would be in a bigger room than our 9b cabin.

Thanks for all the information!

10. GoofTroop

GoofTroop Mouseketeer

Do any of the 8a's sleep four people?

11. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Please refer to the 1st post of this thread. It's listed there.

12. Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy&Grumpy Is there any better place to live than Mickey's ba

OK, I'm confused.

The first post here states that 5020 only sleeps 3, however I have found conflicting reports that say it can sleep 4.

Can anyone who's stayed in it confirm one way or the other?

Any pictures?

13. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

DCL website will let you book 3 adults in that cabin, but not 4. I don't think it's a matter of lifeboat availability -- I was offered a different 08A cabin for 4 adults when I manually selected Cabin 5020.

I looked at a couple dummy dates in Sept 2013 on the Dream.
    For three adults I was offered cabins 5018, 5020, 5022, 5522, 5520, 5518, 6012, 6510, and 6514.
    For four adults I could choose from 5018, 5518, 6012, 6510, 6514, 6512, or 6016.

Hope that helps. You can just try doing a cruise search and see which cabins you're offered for your dates.

14. Poly-Anna

Poly-Anna Mouseketeer

I figure if we are doing a longer cruise (7 night) might as well be comfortable!:cool1:

15. MyCathryn

MyCathryn DVC Member

We booked 6512 and was told it had a wall. Does anyone have pics?
    Thanks!

16. ratt1345

ratt1345 Always wishing I was Disney cruisin'!!!

DW and I just booked 5020 for Oct 2013 cruise to Eastern. We are excited about the room and the cruise. The pictures of the similar room were very helpful. Thank you very much. We can't wait to explore the Fantasy. It will be very different for me with the bathroom. I have been so use to the split design. I don't think it will be an issue.

Charlie

17. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

The 8A cabins on Deck 6 do not have a wall like the ones on Deck 5. See first post on this thread for room descriptions.

18. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I was in 5022 which is basically the same stateroom as 5020, and yes, it only sleeps 3. There is only the bed and the single sofa, no pull-down bunk.

19. designertravels

designertravels Mouseketeer

Don't forget to come back and put in a stateroom report. I have Fantasy 5520/5522 booked for next Spring Break. The reports help a lot!

Jill

20. sweetmonkey

sweetmonkey Mouseketeer

We initially were planning to book one of these and I had researched all of the different rooms and configurations. I did find pics of two other rooms 6514
    and 6510

Maybe that will hep someone else. :)

21. sweetmonkey

sweetmonkey Mouseketeer

Oh, and my TA did say she was not sure if all the Fantasy cabins would be the same. :confused3 I am not sure why or what might be different but I am curious to hear the reports as they come in the next few months.