Dream/Fantasy 8A cabins

After seeing the pictures posted by emtmom, I couldn't resist changing our 9D room to this room. My DH and DS8 constantly fight over the TV and the extra cost of the room will so be worth saving my sanity for 7 nights! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for the pictures! :banana:

Thank you so much for posting this room information. I am so bummed because we are a family of four and I can't imagine going on a cruise for a week with two teens and not having a split bath. I was just about to book the 8A category with a GTY status but now I am concerned that I will get one with a non split bath.

Does anyone know what other rooms or Categories don't have split baths?? If I book a Cat 8B as a GTY I would still have a chance of getting one without a split bath right? Love the space and the two portholes, but I don't know if we could survive without the split bath. Should I move up to at least a Cat 6 so I can be guaranteed a split bath.

Yes it is correct. There are no 8A staterooms that have a split bath.

8A does not have split baths. 8B does. If you book 8B GTY you do run a tiny risk of getting an 8A, but due to their popularity I think the chances are slight. To guarantee the split bath book 7A GTY or higher or a specific room with a split bath in a lower category.

8A does not have split baths. 8B does. If you book 8B GTY you do run a tiny risk of getting an 8A, but due to their popularity I think the chances are slight. To guarantee the split bath book 7A GTY or higher or a specific room with a split bath in a lower category.

Thanks! That was what I was thinking. I think I will stick with a 8B. We are a family of four so it looks like our chances of getting an 8A is slim since it looks like most of them only sleep 3. My TA thinks this would be the best bet because there is good chance that we could be bumped up to a verandah cabin, so we will give it a try. Either way we would be in a bigger room than our 9b cabin.

Thanks for all the information!

OK, I'm confused.

The first post here states that 5020 only sleeps 3, however I have found conflicting reports that say it can sleep 4.

Can anyone who's stayed in it confirm one way or the other?

Any pictures?

DCL website will let you book 3 adults in that cabin, but not 4. I don't think it's a matter of lifeboat availability -- I was offered a different 08A cabin for 4 adults when I manually selected Cabin 5020.

I looked at a couple dummy dates in Sept 2013 on the Dream.
For three adults I was offered cabins 5018, 5020, 5022, 5522, 5520, 5518, 6012, 6510, and 6514.
For four adults I could choose from 5018, 5518, 6012, 6510, 6514, 6512, or 6016.

Hope that helps. You can just try doing a cruise search and see which cabins you're offered for your dates.

After seeing the pictures posted by emtmom, I couldn't resist changing our 9D room to this room. My DH and DS8 constantly fight over the TV and the extra cost of the room will so be worth saving my sanity for 7 nights! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for the pictures! :banana:

I figure if we are doing a longer cruise (7 night) might as well be comfortable!:cool1:

DW and I just booked 5020 for Oct 2013 cruise to Eastern. We are excited about the room and the cruise. The pictures of the similar room were very helpful. Thank you very much. We can't wait to explore the Fantasy. It will be very different for me with the bathroom. I have been so use to the split design. I don't think it will be an issue.

Charlie

I was in 5022 which is basically the same stateroom as 5020, and yes, it only sleeps 3. There is only the bed and the single sofa, no pull-down bunk.

Don't forget to come back and put in a stateroom report. I have Fantasy 5520/5522 booked for next Spring Break. The reports help a lot!

Jill

We initially were planning to book one of these and I had researched all of the different rooms and configurations. I did find pics of two other rooms 6514
and 6510

Maybe that will hep someone else. :)

Oh, and my TA did say she was not sure if all the Fantasy cabins would be the same. :confused3 I am not sure why or what might be different but I am curious to hear the reports as they come in the next few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter