Dream breakfast: Cabanas, Enchanted Garden, or Royal Palace

kay1864

DIS Veteran
I'm guessing the RP breakfast would be better, since it's made to order (I assume), but is it worth the (short) wait? Or is the breakfast fare at Cabanas/EG pretty darn close in quality?

It appears the buffet is more limited at EG than at Cabanas, so is ambiance the only reason to choose EG for breakfast?

You lay out the points pretty clearly. The buffet at Enchanted Garden is more limited than Cabanas, but has all the staples (Mickey Waffles, pancakes, pastries, bacon, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, cold cereal, etc.) Having table service for your drinks is nice and the ambience is nice as well. We enjoyed going to Royal Palace because it made for a more relaxed breakfast and we didn't have to steer the kids through the buffet line.

Obviously, to each their own, but we'd probably rank them (1) RP, (2) Cabanas, (3) EG

ps if you're a coffee drinker, the Cove Cafe is the place to go in the morning to get a good coffee drink. They won't have straight coffee, but that's going to be a lot better than what you get in the restaurants, the machines or via room service. The only place to get a better cup of coffee on the Dream is Remy or Palo.

I LOVE EG for breakfast...much less crowded than Cabanas, plus a server to bring drinks. Food is pretty much the same as Cabanas, but they do have these amazing ham and cheese croissants that I've only seen at EG.
I always feel so "herded" in Cabanas. I don't love the RP selection, I would rather choose what I want off the buffet...
Regardless of where you eat, you will get breakfast. :)

Cabanas can become a bit messy during peak periods. What turned me off was the pancake syrup on the floor. Really not pleasant.

I did not like Cabanas--too much noise, too many kids to steer around, and too many hands all over the buffet.

While the buffets do have a bigger selection than RP, I really prefer the sit down quality and ambiance. If I had to choose a buffet, it would be EG--quieter, neater buffet line, beverages served.

We had breakfast one morning on the Dream last year at EG. We loved it. Yes, the buffet is smaller; but what was great about it was that they were serving from both sides and it moved much quicker. Also, the food seemed fresher for some reason. Plus it was much quieter and we liked having our drinks brought to us ;)

glassslipper2004 said:
I love to eat outside whenever I can - so I would pick Cabanas!

We enjoy just grabbing a quick plate of food and eating outside as well. It's nice to try all the other restaurants for blast, but we do Cabanas most of the time.

I noticed that the DCL website description of Royal Palace now says that breakfast is buffet. Maybe that has changed from table service recently?

I can't post the link but if you go to DCL then dining and select Royal Palace you will see what I mean.

Gary, FTL

I love Cabanas. We ate there for breakfast and lunch everyday. I like being able to try a little of everything and then going back for the things I really liked.

We loved EG and had breakfast there every morning but one. It is buffet but it is much quieter and less crowded than Cabanas. They had some really great choices. Plus, one morning our wonderful waiter from France offered us made to order omelettes! So you can have great food for breakfast in EG. We tried Cabanas one morning and decided we would stick with EG for breakfast. Just too crowded and noisy. We did not try RP for breakfast so I can't comment on it but we were pleased with EG. :)

I LOVE EG for breakfast...much less crowded than Cabanas, plus a server to bring drinks. Food is pretty much the same as Cabanas, but they do have these amazing ham and cheese croissants that I've only seen at EG.
I always feel so "herded" in Cabanas. I don't love the RP selection, I would rather choose what I want off the buffet...
Regardless of where you eat, you will get breakfast. :)

They did have ham and cheese croissants on the buffet in Cabanas on the Fantasy, not sure about Dream.

We really enjoy Cabanas but I also love RP....EG is not my fav restaurant for any meal.

MJ

They do made-to-order omelettes at Cabanas also. DH got one last week.

I noticed that the DCL website description of Royal Palace now says that breakfast is buffet. Maybe that has changed from table service recently?

I can't post the link but if you go to DCL then dining and select Royal Palace you will see what I mean.

Gary, FTL

That would be a shame because I like the option of at least one sit down breakfast for breakfast with a menu!

That would be a shame because I like the option of at least one sit down breakfast for breakfast with a menu!

Agreed. We like to sit down for breakfast so we can have a hot meal and don't have to run around getting the kids their breakfast.

Can anyone on the Dream / Fantasy recently confirm they have a sit down option for breakfast?

Last yr on the dream we only tried cabanas for breakfast another day we did room service. We plan to try rp and eg in jan

We enjoyed RP for breakfast on the Dream last year. My favorite part was the selection of donuts they brought to our table while we were waiting for the food we had ordered to come.

Princess Sleepy said:
We enjoyed RP for breakfast on the Dream last year. My favorite part was the selection of donuts they brought to our table while we were waiting for the food we had ordered to come.

Cool. Can't wait to try it out

We at RP twice for breakfast on the Fantasy in August and really enjoyed it...hence the reason for twice! Nothing wrong with Cabanas--lots of choices, no problem finding empty tables (but we eat early!), helpful staff, but there's something so pleasant about a quiet breakfast where people bring you food!

We never did try EG for breakfast though or room service. When possible, we love a hot breakfast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter