Dream Big, Live Grand - 4th of July at the Grand Floridian!

After dinner, we headed to Downtown Disney for shopping. World of Disney was a madhouse, as usual. We spent a good bit of time in there, though, going through every room. If I bought everything I liked, I'd be taking home the entire store, practically! :rotfl:

Soo... I settled for some practical rainboots.

DSCN8465.jpg

Don't get your hopes up, ladies... these are kids' rainboots. They did have some cute adult rainboots in another print, though.

Rachel collects these plastic sippy cups...

DSCN8466.jpg

As well as shot glasses...

DSCN8467.jpg

After World of Disney, we browsed through Arribas Brothers. I fell in love with this castle and couldn't leave without purchasing it. $37,500? Pfff... pocket change! :rotfl2:

Castle.jpg

I would like to know if anyone has ever bought one of these... I'm sure some rich fool has! Actually, after a closer look, I realized that the Swarvoski crystals on the backside were rather crooked towards the bottom. (My mother has taught me to closely examine every detail before buying.... it kind of takes the joy out of bargain hunting. :sad2:)

Then, we headed over to TrenD, which is absolutely adorable! Much of the merchandise in the store can be found in other stores, but there were several items exclusive to TrenD. Such as an adorable $90 Minnie Mouse sundress... grr... pass. It was fun to look at, though. Also, they have new Minnie Mouse bow Dooney & Bourke bags, which Rachel now has her eye on. Practical Mother pointed out that white bags could only be carried for two more months, and Rachel didn't like the black version as much.

I am a Disney freak too! I am 11 years old and I go to Disney still and my Mom is telling me that if I get bored with WDW:confused3 That is NOT true!! Glad you are a Disney Freak:):)

The next morning we got up for what else but AK EMH ropedrop? :rotfl:

Of course, Rach was dragging...

Changed the bows for AK day...

DSCN8345.jpg

We were headed to the parking lot to drive to AK when we noticed the AK bus pull into the GF. So, we took the bus, instead.

Of course we didn't actually make it to rope drop, but we got there soon enough. The park was practically empty.

DSCN8349.jpg

DSCN8350.jpg

DSCN8351.jpg

Dad ran ahead to FP Expedition Everest. Then, we all went through stand-by. 5-minute wait.

DSCN8353.jpg

Some guy in front of Dad was taking pictures, which made him feel the need to do so. (Dad's scenery pictures are pretty good... people, not so much)

IMG_8981.jpg

IMG_8982.jpg

IMG_8983.jpg

IMG_8984.jpg

Rachel and I got to ride in the front row!!! It was awesome!

DSCN8354.jpg

DSCN8355.jpg

DSCN8356.jpg

DSCN8357.jpg

DSCN8358.jpg

Hahaha!!! Mom and Dad!!!!!! :rotfl2:

DSCN8359.jpg

DSCN8360.jpg

Most I've ever been able to see from up here...

DSCN8361.jpg

DSCN8362.jpg

What's really cool that we never knew before is that they don't switch tracks (like they do to take cars in and out of Big Thunder Mountain and the like) after going backwards to going forwards - the track actually flips over from the backwards track to the forwards track. It's really cool to watch, so next time you're in the front row on Expedition Everest (or you could peek your head around the side), watch how the track flips in front of you!

Those bags are really cute. How did your mom make them? (I think I read that she made them.)

I love the shirt your sister wore to AK

love the report :thumbsup2 i was there with my family the week or so after you guys :) amazing time... needing to work on the report of my own!

Those bags are really cute. How did your mom make them? (I think I read that she made them.)

I love the shirt your sister wore to AK

My mom sews and appliques. She looked around for a pattern for the bag but never found one, so she came up with her own by looking at other string bags we have.

The shirt is from Old Navy. I think they recently got Disney character lincensing. So... she had a bunch of twins that day! :laughing:

The wait was still short, so we rode Expedition Everest, again! Mom sat out, this time. She said that it was funny because after we left she watched another family do the exact same thing... everyone else went back to the entrance, but mom said, "I think I'll sit this one out - can I hold your bags?" :laughing:

We didn't get the front, this time. So now we're spoiled front seat hogs!

DSCN8367.jpg

DSCN8368.jpg

DSCN8369.jpg

DSCN8370.jpg

Cool pics!! Love the story about mom - I'm the mom though that loves riding in the front seat! I got spoiled on my trip with ex-BFF in 2008 where we got front seat of every ride we went on without asking! Even when we rode Soarin' - we got middle top row for our very first ride on Soarin'

Oh... another note on the tour group from Argentina.... most all of the girls(including the 12-13 year olds) were wearing thong bottoms. At first I was like, what the heck, why would you wear a thong to a waterpark? But then I realized that if you're already wearing a thong, then you don't have to worry about getting a wedgie on the waterslides!

:lmao:

GREAT TR! Really enjoying it. Y'all are TOO cute :cutie:
The bags your mom made are adorable - she should sell them on etsy!
LOVE your EE pics :thumbsup2
Great to see the Grand looking so good - it's nice how they've furnished the outer building lobbies with real furniture. Haven't stayed in any outer lodge buildings since they've done that. Looks good!
Totally agree about 1900 PF for dinner :snooty:

DSCN8371.jpg

Dad went to FP Dinosaur, and Mom, Rachel, and I headed towards Kilimanjaro Safari. We bought some fruit for breakfast in Harambe Village. I got apples with caramel dip... there wasn't quite enough caramel dip for the apples. We bought pineapple for dad. While we were eating our fruit, we realized that there must have just been a rope drop, because all of a sudden the people started picking up - all walking fast and getting in line for the safari. So, we decided we ought to go ahead and get in line.

Here's my safari pictures:

DSCN8373.jpg

DSCN8375.jpg

Wild Africa Trek rope bridge:

DSCN8379.jpg

DSCN8380.jpg

DSCN8381.jpg

Wild Africa Trek safari truck:

DSCN8382.jpg

DSCN8383.jpg

DSCN8384.jpg

DSCN8386.jpg

DSCN8388.jpg

DSCN8389.jpg

DSCN8390.jpg

DSCN8393.jpg

DSCN8395.jpg

DSCN8398.jpg

The elephants were in hiding, though. And there was a surprising number of rhino! They must've all been out and about this morning.

IMG_9013.jpg

IMG_9014.jpg

IMG_9019.jpg

IMG_9020.jpg

IMG_9021.jpg

IMG_9023.jpg

IMG_9024.jpg

After Kilamanjaro Safaris, we (err... Dad) decided to do something we hadn't done in several years - Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. Of course, Rachel isn't one for nature or exhibits... so she fussed the entire time. "Okay, you've seen in - come on! Let's walk!" (Says the girl who is never in a hurry!) The first time I go to Disney without her, I plan to spend an extensive amount of time exploring World Showcase and the Living Seas in Epcot, as well as Animal Kingdom!

IMG_9026.jpg

IMG_9027.jpg

IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_9030.jpg

IMG_9031.jpg

IMG_9032.jpg

IMG_9033.jpg

IMG_9034.jpg

IMG_9035.jpg

IMG_9036.jpg

I feel like many families have that one uncle/brother/grandparent that whenever someone sees a monkey, they say, "Hey, look - there's Uncle whatever!" Well, for us it has always been Uncle John. Whenever my Dad sees a monkey or a gorilla - "Hey, look - it's Uncle John! huh huh huh!" (remember Dad's laugh? :laughing:) So... here's Uncle John.

IMG_9038.jpg

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9042.jpg

IMG_9043.jpg

Dad's idea...

IMG_9044.jpg

IMG_9045.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

IMG_9048.jpg

IMG_9049.jpg

We then headed to Festival of the Lion King. We were there about 30-40 minutes early, so we got first pick of seats. Of course, the front row seats are for wheelchairs, so we sat on the first row you can actually sit on.

IMG_9052.jpg

IMG_9053.jpg

IMG_9054.jpg

I kind of hope that this show never really changes. It's been pretty much the same ever since I can remember it (with the exception of the now-talking Timon), and I love it.

I definitely need to read back but wanted to say:

I agree on your assessment of the GF, especially the non-shelved bathrooms!!! EEERRGH!!! Impossible when you have more than one woman/lady/girl in a room!! My friends and I (were in Sugar Loaf in Feb) all brought our hanging Vera organizers and hung them on the towel rods... :) I never thought I would like the GF but I do. I really do! I loved club level even more! I truly do, still, prefer the Polynesian but the GF is an awesome resort. The smell....mmmmm!! Love!

Your bags are way cute!

Can't wait to read more...on my way to read back!!

Thanks!

p.s. I cannot believe that waitress yelled at that poor man like that!! :scared1:She is so lucky it was not ME she was yelling at...I would have not been so nice!

Your dad's pictures are really cute! My dad likes to cut off people's heads in pictures, so that's my basis of comparison, though.

I've never spent a lot of time in Animal Kingdom and it does seem kind of under-appreciated sometimes. So many fun places to explore! Of course, I'm the type of person who will take five zillion pictures of the same bighorn sheep while on Pike's Peak, so I guess it takes a certain type of personality. The pictures of the animals are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter