Dream Along With Mickey

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, live mic'd and partial frozen would be splendid

I agree with the not all frozen, but I SO don't agree with live mic'd! I just think that the sound is harder to hear, and the show doesn't flow as nicely (ie, the castle light up show i found to just not do it for me, the lighting itself, yes, the show, no). It also makes me sad from a performer perspective, if it's live mic'd, that means they're going to (99% most likely) be equity performers, not general entertainment performers like dream along is so that's cutting out opportunities for their cast..

I agree with the not all frozen, but I SO don't agree with live mic'd! I just think that the sound is harder to hear, and the show doesn't flow as nicely (ie, the castle light up show i found to just not do it for me, the lighting itself, yes, the show, no). It also makes me sad from a performer perspective, if it's live mic'd, that means they're going to (99% most likely) be equity performers, not general entertainment performers like dream along is so that's cutting out opportunities for their cast..

Fair point... its the casting rules that isn't always clear to the layperson! I'd be terribly sorry for the loss of any of the cast and their future opportunities. I guess we will fond out soon enough. I thought the cast of the Frozen show over at DHS was regular cast, not equity?

It's about time they get rid of the Mickey Show. I think it'd be great if it was a 10 minute Frozen show with Olaf and Christoph and Anna and Elsa and even Hans! This makes total sense since Frozen is Disney's most popular (non Star Wars) franchise right now. Especially with Frozen part 2 coming out soon.

They could sing all the songs from the movie, they could talk about how hot it is in Florida, etc. It would be awesome!

Fair point... its the casting rules that isn't always clear to the layperson! I'd be terribly sorry for the loss of any of the cast and their future opportunities. I guess we will fond out soon enough. I thought the cast of the Frozen show over at DHS was regular cast, not equity?
It's equity. Anything scripted and spoken in a show is equity. Animation to a soundtrack is regular CM.

When the show first opened they were regular cast, friends of the girls still did meet & greets over at Mk, and had other friends, after the show became more established/a permanent thing they swapped them over to equity. Some of the girls also do Hoop/Little Mermaid or BatB as well.

Thank God Dream Along with Mickey is ending! I really liked it, but it's time for something new (even if it is Frozen related).

Soon kids will have no idea who Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy or Pluto are (and will think Arendelle is a real country with it being in World showcase), and will only know the Cinderella castle as the Frozen castle. They're losing their heritage with too much emphasis on Frozen

Many reports of the show ending April 2, which I am fine with, time for something new.
Not many reports of a Frozen show to replace, if so I am highly disappointed.
But if the sisters are leaving MK, this could be a way to offer them up in more than the parade.
But again, if true, I'm still disappointed.
You are giving them WAY more than most Princesses, enough already.

What was the castle show that preceded Dream Along With Mickey? Does anyone remember? I have been going every year since 1995, and it seems like it has been the same show all these 21 years! Yes, I am ready for them to change it.

Regarding characters and a black hole, it sounds like much more is going to get much worse.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/02/break...ncial-strangle-hold-on-domestic-disney-parks/
Read it all the way through, it explains a lot.

What was the castle show that preceded Dream Along With Mickey? Does anyone remember? I have been going every year since 1995, and it seems like it has been the same show all these 21 years! Yes, I am ready for them to change it.
"Cinderella's Surprise Celebration" and then slightly changed for Dream Along.

"Cinderella's Surprise Celebration" and then slightly changed for Dream Along.
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't ring a bell. You say it was quite similar to Dream Along? Maybe that is why it seems like it has been the same show for 21 years.

Edit: Aren't Google and YouTube wonderful! I found it, now remember it, and liked it better than Dream Along.

There are details on the new show, "Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire" circulating this morning. It will feature Tiana and Nevin, Rapunzel and Flynn, and Anna and Elsa, brought in by Mickey, Donald, and Goofy.

Dream Along with Mickey was good, but it's time for a change, so I'm looking forward to this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter