Dream 4E - Stateroom 5650?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Good evening!

I was looking for a nice location (and a big balcony which is why I picked a 4E, on the Dream. I picked a room near our last location because it was quiet and we liked that side of the boat (nice view).

I think it's not a connecting room. And we have only one neighbour (on the other side is a grey part which is, I believe, a crew only section just like we had the last time).

Room number is 5650... Anybody had that room before? Reviews? Pictures?

Thanks in advance!

I had 5650 on the Dream. Actually, we had 5650, 5652, 5654 and 5656 booked for our party, so we had that entire section of balcony as our own mega balcony! Obviously since I booked the cruise I put myself in 5650 :)

It was an amazing room, obviously the veranda is the key feature. There was no noise. It will take a few minutes to get used to the jealous gazes and whispers of your upstairs neighbors when they see you down there, but don't worry ;)

I hit enter too fast. Here is the photo of 5650, with the connections open all the way down to 5656 showing the mega-veranda. It worked perfectly because that section of rooms has its own section of veranda, and is separated from 5658 by a railing. But it also shows just the size of 5650 which is not only deeper but much wider than a standard veranda.

I will never forget my entire family sitting on the super veranda one night, and from those you have an AMAZING view of the sky. We were all sitting (I was laying on the lounger ;) ) and all the sudden a shooting star went right above us. Gave me chills.IMG_8450.JPG

My family and I are sailing in 5650 on the Dream on Friday. Looking forward to the verandah.

I hit enter too fast. Here is the photo of 5650, with the connections open all the way down to 5656 showing the mega-veranda. It worked perfectly because that section of rooms has its own section of veranda, and is separated from 5658 by a railing. But it also shows just the size of 5650 which is not only deeper but much wider than a standard veranda.

I will never forget my entire family sitting on the super veranda one night, and from those you have an AMAZING view of the sky. We were all sitting (I was laying on the lounger ;) ) and all the sudden a shooting star went right above us. Gave me chills.View attachment 90616

OMG. The verandah on that picture is the one we'll get??? :eek: (I'll keep the surprise for my husband.)

I read on reviews that the verandah was big... But I did not know it was THAT big. It looks at least as big as the room!

I see the "wall" is opened... Is it possible to close it for more privacy? (Even if it wasn't... I doubt the neighbours would try to come and visit us...)

Wow! It's almost like having your own private deck. Lol

Last edited:

I will never forget my entire family sitting on the super veranda one night, and from those you have an AMAZING view of the sky. We were all sitting (I was laying on the lounger ;) ) and all the sudden a shooting star went right above us. Gave me chills.View attachment 90616

One more question: Did you have to ask for the loungers or it was already there?

OMG. The verandah on that picture is the one we'll get??? :eek: (I'll keep the surprise for my husband.)

I read on reviews that the verandah was big... But I did not know it was THAT big. It looks at least as big as the room!

I see the "wall" is opened... Is it possible to close it for more privacy? (Even if it wasn't... I doubt the neighbours would try to come and visit us...)

Wow! It's almost like having your own private deck. Lol

Yes, the veranda is that big! It's just over double the width of the actual room :). From where I was standing to the privacy divider will be all yours.

The divider was shut when we first got to the rooms, the only reason it is open was because we requested them to be unlocked as we had all 4 rooms booked. HOWEVER I have read that if there are high winds the cabin hosts will open the privacy dividers. Not sure how often that happens but it's something that's a little different from a standard veranda, where the dividers stay closed unless you ask for them to be opened.

The loungers were there when we got there; we didn't ask for them at all. Like I said, your upstairs neighbors will be jealous of you for the entire cruise. We heard so many whispered "How did they get down there?"

We have the stateroom tomorrow morning. I'm so excited! Thanks for sharing the pictures

Anyone know if 4E stateroom 5664 -- just down the hall -- has a similar balcony?? That 5650 looks amazing.

Anyone know if 4E stateroom 5664 -- just down the hall -- has a similar balcony?? That 5650 looks amazing.

I don't believe 5664 is the double-width balcony, but is still much deeper than a normal veranda. The only two staterooms that I KNOW have the wider verandas are 5150 and 5650. The forward 4Es may have a couple of staterooms with the larger veranda but I don't know for sure. I'll check on the Fantasy this Saturday :)

This picture I believe shows 5664, at the very end. Still a very nice veranda. I would book a 4E again, even without the double-wide, any day. But the double-wide was just icing on the cake.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DCLBlog_DSC_1026.jpg

You veranda should be similar-sized to the ones with the curved railings here:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DCLBlog_DSC_1076.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter