Dramamine: The Story of 4, no wait 5? Wait no, 6! Friends in Disney -- Updated 12/13!

congratulations. Lets see disney wedding, disney honeymoon oh and there is even disney theme crib bedding I think disney needs a new slogan Disney stuff and things for the every stage of your life, sounds good.

Congratulations!!!

The older I get the more I fall in love with WS and EPCOT.

Thank you! And yes, I absolutely do as well. You don't fully appreciate it as a kid, but as an adult it's just so wonderful.

Awww congratulations :goodvibes

Thank you!! :lovestruc

Congratulations!! I love Disney engagement stories!!!

Yes, I do too! They're always so magical and wonderful!! I was so excited that I got my own :lovestruc

Congratulations too both of you. Happy wedding planning. Can't believe how much you did on day one having gotten up long before the sun did.

Thank you!! Yes we were a little over excited that day. Nora was only around for a few days so we decided to go go go with her! We almost even considered going to the Magic Kingdom for EMH, but that definitely would've been overkill.

Congratulations!! Now you can start planning a Disney themed wedding!

pixiedust:pixiedust:we're trying to fit it in somehow!

congratulations. Lets see disney wedding, disney honeymoon oh and there is even disney theme crib bedding I think disney needs a new slogan Disney stuff and things for the every stage of your life, sounds good.

:love::love: They should hire you to create their new marketing campaigns!

congrats on your engagement

Oh thank you, kind lady.

Congratulations on your engagement! What a great story, and how cool to share with your friends too. You seem like you all have a lot of fun together. Enjoying your Trip Report!

Congrats on the engagement!! Your friends seem like my friends, haha! Can't wait to read the rest of your TR!

Enjoying your trip report very much! You engagement was so sweet and now whenever you see illuminations you can think of it! My husband clearly didn't get the cute proposal gene...good thing yours did!

Congratulations on your engagement! What a great story, and how cool to share with your friends too. You seem like you all have a lot of fun together. Enjoying your Trip Report!

Thank you! I was so happy that they were there to share in the excitement. We do have a pretty good time together, but of course there were moments of frustration.

Congrats on the engagement!! Your friends seem like my friends, haha! Can't wait to read the rest of your TR!

Thank you! They're pretty great friends so I know that you're definitely lucky!

Enjoying your trip report very much! You engagement was so sweet and now whenever you see illuminations you can think of it! My husband clearly didn't get the cute proposal gene...good thing yours did!

Thank you so much! We love illuminations and Epcot so it was pretty perfect. I found a keeper!

Thank you! I was so happy that they were there to share in the excitement. We do have a pretty good time together, but of course there were moments of frustration.

Thank you! They're pretty great friends so I know that you're definitely lucky!

Thank you so much! We love illuminations and Epcot so it was pretty perfect. I found a keeper!

I wanted to take a second to thank everyone again for all of your kind comments! I'm almost finished with school (Friday!!) so I'll be working extra hard on my updates :flower3:

Hey girl! Yay for finishing school! party: And omg, AMAZING updates!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad::sad::sad:

EPCOT_WRLDSHW2_7466261667.jpeg

I hardly even noticed this was a magic shot! Chip is just casually part of the squad. Love it.

Japan is sooo purddyyy! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. I need to be more adventurous with my food, I'm not into Japanese (although I tried some sushi at Disney this year!), but I always read about how every one loves that Teppan Edo place. Maybe I need to figure out some mild menu options and ease myself into it.

I have a note that says “Chopstick Joke”.

My notes are always full of things like this, and I never have a clue what they mean :laughing:

I think that means Nora was going to put the chopsticks in her purse and pull them out at dinner that night as a joke? We’re hilarious.

:rotfl2: You ARE hilarious! This is funny :lmao:

We sat down and the age old question was asked “is it weird eating seafood, in front of fish?”

:rotfl: I never thought about that. Eating their family members right in front of them.... :laughing:

I need to recreate this when I go back, it cracks me up every time :goodvibes

As we watched the show, I felt people moving away, but I really couldn’t think why. I also kept feeling Ricky going into his pocket. A few times he pulled out his phone, but he loves IllumiNations so I wasn’t sure why he wasn’t just watching?

Well. He put his hand in his pocket one last time, turned me to face him, and asked me to marry him!

(There's a video of it HERE)

Of course I said YES!

OMG OMG OMG!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! This totally took me by surprise?!??! Did I know this was going to happen?! I don't remember reading any spoilers. ANYWAY. This is perfect!!!! Great job Ricky, he timed it perfectly too! Were you expecting it while you were in Disney? And did your friends know he was going to propose?! YAY I'm so happy for you!!!! :hug:

Maybe I'm feeling emotional for some reason, but this series of photos legitimately brought a tear to my eye :lovestruc Especially the third one from the bottom where you're covering your face. You guys are ADORABLE.

It was during one of my favorite parts of the show and IllumiNations is my all time favorite and it was with some of my oldest friends in the whole world and it was perfect.

This is just the most perfect evening ever. Well done Ricky!!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hey girl! Yay for finishing school! party: And omg, AMAZING updates!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad::sad::sad:

I hardly even noticed this was a magic shot! Chip is just casually part of the squad. Love it.

Japan is sooo purddyyy! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. I need to be more adventurous with my food, I'm not into Japanese (although I tried some sushi at Disney this year!), but I always read about how every one loves that Teppan Edo place. Maybe I need to figure out some mild menu options and ease myself into it.

My notes are always full of things like this, and I never have a clue what they mean :laughing:

:rotfl2: You ARE hilarious! This is funny :lmao:

:rotfl: I never thought about that. Eating their family members right in front of them.... :laughing:

I need to recreate this when I go back, it cracks me up every time :goodvibes

OMG OMG OMG!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! This totally took me by surprise?!??! Did I know this was going to happen?! I don't remember reading any spoilers. ANYWAY. This is perfect!!!! Great job Ricky, he timed it perfectly too! Were you expecting it while you were in Disney? And did your friends know he was going to propose?! YAY I'm so happy for you!!!! :hug:

Maybe I'm feeling emotional for some reason, but this series of photos legitimately brought a tear to my eye :lovestruc Especially the third one from the bottom where you're covering your face. You guys are ADORABLE.

This is just the most perfect evening ever. Well done Ricky!!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

You are so sweet, thank you! Isn't chip so cute?? And I'm completely not an adventurous eater at all and Japanese food isn't super ethnic so you'd probably really like it! We have a hibachi chain here called Benihana if you've ever heard of it and it's my absolute FAVORITE meal! I'm really worried about trying Teppan Edo and that it won't be anywhere near as good! I'm glad someone thinks we're funny :goodvibes:goodvibes And thank you for the congrats! When I started the report I was trying hard to not spoil it just for fun :jumping3: When he kept taking his phone out during the show, he was actually checking to see at what time certain parts of the show were so he could time it just right :love:

The story from the other side.

So we got engaged! Hooray! How exciting?!

But there was another side of the story. It was the side that all of our friends told everyone when we got home. It was actually the side one of my sisters heard first from Anne!

As you’ll recall, we were entering dinner at Coral Reef. But dinner for Nora and I was really different than it was for Anne, Kerri, and Ricky.

Nora and I were being giant goofballs following the waitress making sure everyone knew to watch their step.

Apparently an interesting conversation was taking place as we walked to our seat.

Anne and Ricky somehow got on the topic of Ricky proposing and Ricky had the ring in his pocket. Anne completely didn’t believe him so as they we were walking behind us, Anne was feeling inside Ricky’s pocket trying not to get caught. She finally believed him and we made it to the table.

At some point during dinner, Anne texted her mom to tell her what was going on, I think. She decided that Kerri needed to know, so she was sending texts to her mom to show kerri that said things like “don’t read this out loud” and of course she started to! But the rest of us were completely oblivious to it. Apparently they quietly freaked out while Nora and I were trying to figure out where certain fish in the tank were.

Fast forward to waiting at our spot for IllumiNations. I decided to mosey on over to the UK with Kerri and Steve for them to get a drink. In the meantime Anne was asking Ricky if they could tell Nora what was going on. They explained the situation and we ended up walking back up and the conversation ended.

So that brings us up to speed! No one told Steve and it made for a memorable moment!

Apparently you have to hear Kerri tell the story. I stopped by her moms house and spoke to her on Halloween and she was telling me the way Kerri told it was hysterical!

More fun coming up! Who gets up early and who's too sleepy from excitement? And have you met that guy?

Have you met that guy?

Can you believe it’s only day 3?? So much had already happened and there are some more really great times coming up!

We woke up the next morning. It must’ve been pretty early because Nora and Anne had plans to go see the opening show at the Magic Kingdom and they were still in the room by this point.

MK_MSCONFEC_7466839743.jpeg

33.jpg

They left early and the rest of us got around to getting ready. It was a really exciting morning. We hadn’t told anyone really other than our families about what happened the night before so we were kind of just enjoying the moment.

We got ready and headed down to the bus. By the time we got to the Magic Kingdom the security line was INSANE. There was a huge bottle neck right when you get off the buses towards the boat launch. We kept together and made our way through the crowd. I have to tell you, this was also the nicest giant, hot crowd I’ve ever been in. Everyone was apologizing for stepping on other people or running into them. It was all very calm.

We finally made it to security and I think I was the only one who had a bag so through bag check I went. The security guard there was from Jersey City and he was a Jersey City police officer. We live nowhere near Jersey City, but it’s always fun when you meet cast members from somewhere you know. He was telling the man in the family in front of me who is an Atlantic City police officer that this job was like making bologna sandwiches compared to being an officer in Jersey City. Not sure why, but the analogy struck me as funny!

So I met up with my cohorts and we were all so excited to be in the Magic Kingdom. I’ve never been during the fall so I was so excited just to see the fall decorations.

Our stroll down Main Street wasn’t terrible, but the morning so far was probably the moment that solidified for me that the parks were way more crowded than I had anticipated and to just go with the flow.

Our first stop of the morning was…Starbucks, of course! Ricky and I wanted to use some snack credits for drinks and then head to breakfast.

DSC_0069.jpg

It was also the moment I decided to put our exciting news on Facebook with this pic:

fb%20engaged.jpg

Nerd status x’s 100!

Next it was time to find somewhere to eat. Ricky and I suggested Sleepy Hollow for some waffles. We made our way to Liberty Square and got our orders. For some reason I thought the strawberry waffle option was going to include fresh strawberries and not a compote? I wasn’t really a fan. It was way too sweet and I don’t really like toppings like that.

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

As we finished breakfast, we made plans to meet up with Nora and Anne.

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

I believe they were in Tomorrowland so we made our way there. When we finally found them we found out that they had JUST missed the show because they saw the fireworks off in the distance. They seemed to get a lot done that morning though.

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7466856542.jpeg

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7466850204.jpeg

34.jpg

We made our way to Space Mountain which was our first fastpass of the morning. Steve sat that one out since we just ate. Kerri was screaming during our entire tour through the galaxy. It was hilarious!

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7466946941.jpeg

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7466945514.jpeg

When we met up with Steve we decided to do the Laugh Floor. We knew Kerri would get a kick out of it, so we hopped in line. I don’t think the wait was too long though.

So we sit down for the show and they’re going through the schtick, and don’t you know it, but Steve ends up being that guy! We think it was the bucket hat. But when they saw his Phillies shirt they started cracking Phillies jokes! At one point Marty asked what everyone was dressing up as for Halloween and he said he was dressing up like that guy. It was so good! That’s always a great show for us. We’ve always had a really great cast. Once the show ended, a cast member gave Steve a sticker commemorating that he was, indeed, that guy.

that%20guy.jpg

After we were let out of Monstropolis, we headed for a potty break. It was already incredibly hot and it wasn’t all that late so not everyone was feeling great. We made sure the reenforce the “drink lots of water rule” and we headed to our next fastpass, the Mine Train!

The Mine Train is a cool ride. It’s way too short though. I don’t think I would ever wait in that long of a standby line to ride it. But we got great ride pictures and video from it.

MK_MINETRAIN_7467021310.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7467020567.jpeg

We headed over to see what the wait for the Little Mermaid was since we were in the area. It was a little long so we explored New Fantasyland for those who hadn’t seen it yet. We were going to go meet Gaston but before he got there his line was cutoff. Happens every time!

While we were making our plan of attack, we got a nice little surprise. Gaston himself came walking through the town square to admire his statue! He was asking the crowd what we thought of it and if LeFou should be removed from the statue. It was really funny. He must’ve been doing some promotional work though because he had a very professional looking Disney photographer following him around.

37.jpg

38.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

There's no one quite like Gaston. Well there may be...but we'll get to that later!

Our next fastpass was ready so we decided to head over to Splash Mountain!

MK_BEOURGUESTBRIDGEICONNC_7467193175.jpeg

MK_BEOURGUESTBRIDGEICONNC_7467193173.jpeg

We decided to take some pictures in the stocks. They ended up being really uncomfortable!

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

I really love Frontierland. It's probably part of the reason that I'm obsessed with Fort Wilderness. That's also something we'll get too eventually!

Anne wasn’t feeling well still so she decided to skip Splash and head back to the resort. It did, however, make for an awesome ride picture!

MK_SPLASH_7467066310.jpeg

What happened to Anne?!

Apparently Kerri didn’t get our memo and she decided to pretend like she was asleep.

After our plunge through the Briar Patch we decided to get some lunch since some of us didn’t really enjoy our breakfast.

This seems like a really great time to leave you in suspense about where we ate and what other fun things happened next!

Sorry I'm late! I've just caught up, sounds like a fun morning :goodvibes

She decided that Kerri needed to know, so she was sending texts to her mom to show kerri that said things like “don’t read this out loud” and of course she started to!

There's always one!!! :thumbsup2

Love thisss. Your ring is beautiful :goodvibes

and don’t you know it, but Steve ends up being that guy!

Laugh floor goals!!!

Everyone looks like they're having the time of their life :laughing:

Anne wasn’t feeling well still so she decided to skip Splash and head back to the resort. It did, however, make for an awesome ride picture!

MK_SPLASH_7467066310.jpeg

This is amazing :rotfl:

Apparently Kerri didn’t get our memo and she decided to pretend like she was asleep.

I wondered about her..!!!! :rotfl: She looks so funny :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter