Drama Queens in Disney - A Theatrical Journey with SOOZE and Friends! Update 5/6

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Sooze, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

Yeah...and you also ran 5K... so I'm not THAT jealous! :roll eyes:
    Congrats, by the way!! You guys rock!

We do, indeed because maybe, just once, we will stumble on a good one. And I am living proof that it CAN happen!

You know, I think the CMs are very in tune with their guests on this. If the guests aren't playing along, I really think they tone it down! The times Matt and I went alone, it was very mild. But since we had a crazy loud table that was working the story line, they ran with it! I hope you give it a try (especially if you like cheesy 50's tv and pot roast!)

Right?! That is one big smile!

Glad you approve! It's always a challenge to find new ways to photo-document our Disney experiences!

::yes:: Totally robbed!

You know.... YOU were the one who introduced me to the Lapu Lapu! Yep... it was in a trip report somewhere...

It's so wonderful to let them go to those places and know that they will have the time of their life! And you don't have to feel guilty about getting some adult time in!

Thanks for your fabulous comments, V!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

I do that all the time! I read, but then can't find a second to comment. Just know that I'm following along with your report too!

Jessica still had the experience of a lifetime on that stage! The montage was icing on the cake! So glad she convinced herself to audition.

I, too, love Kona Cafe! Breakfast, lunch, or dinner! mmmmmm!

Classic is the perfect word to describe that show! Old-school Broadway flair! Love it!

The AIE thing is all dependent on when you are scheduled to perform! AND if you make the finals or not! If your friend auditions and makes it, they will give her/him a performance time. He/She will need to report back to the stage an hour before the performance time. So not counting the audition, the experience will take about 90 minutes out of the day. If they end up making finals, then the minutes increase! But the finals are a pretty cool experience, too! I hope your friend auditions... even if they don't make it, it is so memorable and worthwhile!

4. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

It’s time to wrap this trip up. We had a flight leaving on this sad last day in the evening. So we were able to squeeze in some park time with our friends. Have you been keeping track of which park we still hadn’t seen together? Here’s a hint for you:

[​IMG]

Too obvious?

We hit the AK and went immediately to the Kilimanjaro Safari. I had heard that the animals are more active in the am, and were they ever! I saw so many animals I hadn’t before! So please enjoy my trip through the savannah:

Hungry Hungry Hippos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still think these guys are fake! They lie so darn still!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big horn dudes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When we came up to the lion part, the driver started talking about how the lions sleep most of the day… blah blah blah… and I expected to see a tuft of lion hair near the rocks, as always. But much to our surprise, a lioness leapt up from her slumber and appeared majestically on Pride Rock. I had never seen such a great view of a lion on this attraction before! It was great!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to get these guys some coffee! Wake up!
    [​IMG]

Another shot of the lioness
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pumbaa! (Can you see him hiding under the rock?)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the safari, we had another animal to conquer… the YETI! I don’t even remember who rode this, but I know it wasn’t the little princesses!
    [​IMG]

The girls went with Jessica to prepare for the Festival of the Lion King show, which I was so anxiously awaiting to share with my friends!! On their way, they found Pocohontas, standing completely alone. She spent an eternity talking to the girls, which of course, they ate up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soon we were all seated for FoTLK… well, ALMOST all of us! Tom had run back to Asia to pick up some bracelets that they had made for some cousins back home. Unfortunately, by the time he made it back to the theater, they had started re-routing the latecomers to a different entrance, and making them sit in a different section than us. I could tell Jessica was stressed about it, and I’m afraid it tainted her enjoyment of the show. Boo for procedures and routines!

But the show was great as always. I took no pictures, but enjoyed every moment!

5. micandminforever

micandminforever DIS Veteran

I love the Lion King. The pictures of the animals were wonderful. It is great that the lioness was standing up where you could get a good picture.

6. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

Next up was lunch, which I insisted on being Flame Tree BBQ! Love that food and love the seating area. The kids enjoyed looking across the lake at EE as they ate their meal. They also found a friend floating in the water near our eating area!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our next stop was one final Musical…. Yes… Nemo: The Musical. Well, we HAD to end our time together with a show, didn’t we? Again, I took no pictures, but we enjoyed a fabulous performance.

Finally, it was hitting us that our time in Disney together was coming to an end. We decided to drown our sorrows in one last Mickey bar.

Addy was still smiles, because she got to stay a few more days
    [​IMG]

Even Shae was smiling, because who can be boo-boo face with a Mickey Bar?
    [​IMG]

Keslen gobbled his down and was ready to go on more adventures
    [​IMG]

And Tyson (who chose a cookie sandwich instead) savored every last bite
    [​IMG]

One last Mickey bar for us
    [​IMG]

And goodbye hugs for my BFF (who would be moving to Pittsburg shortly after this trip)
    [​IMG]

Yeah, that thought made the Mickey Bar happiness dissipate very quickly
    [​IMG]

After many hugs and a few tears (from the grown-ups) I finally dragged my kids away and headed back to AKL to catch our ME bus. They were both crying the whole way out of the park. I just couldn’t help myself and stopped at the gift shop on the way out. Baby Simba and Perry the Platypus plush friends decided to come home with us. :rolleyes:

We spent a few moments taking in our AKL home
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But soon found ourselves the sad victims of Disney withdrawal as we pulled onto the interstate and headed to the airport.

I didn’t really talk much about it, but during the entire trip, I was fighting off some kind of nasty…. It was like a head cold with a bit of achiness, but with a constant flow of Advil, I was able to keep it at bay.

Unfortunately on the plane, the nasty decided to rear its ugly head. The decent into Indianapolis was the most painful I’ve ever had. My ears felt like someone was stabbing them with serrated daggers! Even as we were claiming our luggage, I couldn’t hear a THING and they were throbbing with pain. This was super unfortunate, because although the trip was coming to an end, my hubby had a very big surprise waiting for us at home and I just couldn’t respond to it the way I wanted to, because I felt like death!

What was the surprise, you ask? Well, if any of you ever used to watch the TLC show called “While You Were Out”, you will completely get what happened! During the 5 days we were gone, my husband apparently had a team of people completely redoing our master bedroom. I came home and headed upstairs to the smell of paint, and the view of a new flatscreen TV in our room. As I headed in the room, I just stood there, mouth wide open. It was beautiful. Here, check it out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And our not-so-hidden-Mickey
    [​IMG]

There are also some subtle Mickeys in other décor items… can you find them?

So that’s where my fantastic trip came to an end. And it’s a good thing my room looked so amazing, because I spent the next 2 days in that bed trying to recover from the nasty, because it hit me full on as soon as I was home, of course!

I will still have an update to share, letting you all see some of the fun the rest of the drama queens had without us. So come on back!

7. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

FoTLK is our number one show on property. It makes me cry every time!

We certainly lucked out on the lioness! Kind of a natural magical moment! :goodvibes

8. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

So what did our Drama Queen friends do when we left?! Well, here’s a small sampling of their endeavors.

At first, they were sad that we were gone
    [​IMG]

But that wore of quickly and they were soon back to their dramatic antics.

Bryan works for a bank, so this was a perfect dramatic interpretation
    [​IMG]

Musical theater geek anyone?
    [​IMG]

They enjoyed the luau one evening, and Tom was chosen to hula on stage! Never challenge a drama queen… he will take you down!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So proud of daddy!
    [​IMG]

They visited with characters in every park!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apparently, Jessica was teasing the red-headed sister and was punished….

You can see the sister getting upset
    [​IMG]

And, then, the punishment is delivered
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bryan was able to find a few more princesses:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And even asked to get another ‘feet’ shot, just for fun!
    [​IMG]

Two of my favorite people in the world, in the happiest place on earth:
    [​IMG]

And, there you have it, folks! Another trip report on the books. I hope you enjoyed this stretched out story of drama queens in Disney! Please turn your programs in at the door if you’d like to recycle them, and don’t forget to ask about our season ticket holder specials!

“Bravo!!” “Bravo!!”

Thank you. Thank you so much!

9. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

I'll take a season ticket! It's been a great report! :cool1:

Your hubby is the bestest! The room looks awesome! :thumbsup2 I'm very impressed. It looks kind of Contemporary-y. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that Jessica and the gang were able to enjoy themselves without you guys for their remaining time. I'm sure they missed you, but it looks like they had fun. I've never met the Stepsisters, but in every report I've ever seen them they never fail to provide great interaction.

10. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

Box seats or center orchestra? :rotfl: Thanks for being here! I'm starting my Christmas report soon. Better late than never!

Isn't he, though? I leave him behind while I go to Disney and he treats me to a new Master? I'm a lucky gal!

I think the stepsisters are my favorite meet n greet characters in the whole resort! They are hilarious! And did you check out their facial expressions in the pictures? AWESOME!

11. chinchiller

chinchiller Mouseketeer

It's kind of cool to find someone I "know" on here. Matt was my band director from the fall of 2000 until I graduated in 2004. I have one very vivid memory of your son banging drums during one of our run-throughs my senior year. He could barely stand. I wound up marrying another band member (he was two classes older than I) and we just had our first child, our daughter.

I knew Matt was a fan of Disney, but it's pretty awesome to see just how much of a fan you guys are. :)

12. micandminforever

micandminforever DIS Veteran

I look forward to your Christmas Trip report. Please be sure to let us know when you start the new report.

13. Blueyed Girl

Blueyed Girl HAKUNA MATATA!

Sorry I have been MIA. I was enjoying your TR and then i got behind. I just started from the beginning since I couldn't remember what chapter I left off. I think I have found myself again! :yay:

What a stinker that Jessica got food poisoning! And in DISNEY WORLD no less. Glad she got better and was able to join all of you again. Love all the pictures. The "Drama Queens" in front of the castle made me laugh out loud. Great pic!

Ok, off to keep reading.........

14. Blueyed Girl

Once upon a time we did the Pirate and Princess party. This is the only "special" party that we have been to. Back then my son was only about 3 so we mostly stuck to taking in the rides which had no lines. We saw the awesome firework show too. But the lines for characters or pirate "loot" were long for that too. However, I don't remember it being that crowded AT ALL. I wonder if they have increased the amount of tickets they sell for these events since then? What a shame! :sad2:

I'm so sorry for Bryan but I was :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: about his feet picture! This has happened to me on a couple of occasions. It is SO ANNOYING!!!!

Ok, off to read more............popcorn::

15. Blueyed Girl

The AIE video montage was hysterical!! Loved it!! :dance3: Wish I could see Jessica's video. Would love to hear her sing. Maybe I will check your facebook to see if I can get a glimpse....

16. Blueyed Girl

Great animal shots! Our most favorite time to do the safari is in the morning. :thumbsup2 How awesome for the girls to get to spend quality time with Pocohontas! :yay:

17. Blueyed Girl

OH-HOW-AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3: Your room looks FANTABULOUS!!! Sorry you weren't feeling well. That happened to me back in 2007. I hate being sick at Disney and then REALLY feeling it when you get home. But glad you had an awesome room to spend your sickly-ness in! ;) Your hubby rocks!

18. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

Ha ha! I've run into a few folks from the 'band world' on here! Glad you found me! If you really are bored, there are links in my signature to most of our other trips... so you can get a true feeling for our addiction.. and see your former band director acting all sorts of crazy! Hope you can come along on my next TR.. I'll be posting a link soon!

I hope to start it soon! I'll put a link right in this TR, so you can't miss it! Thanks for being such a consistent reader/responder to my TRs. It means a lot! :hug:

19. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

I am terrible about going MIA on the DIS sometimes, too. Then it's so hard to catch up! Thanks for spending time with my TR today!

Yeah... I don't know what it was. This was our first ticketed event, and I was NOT impressed with the huge crowd size. It will make me think long and hard about ever doing one again!

I know! I was laughing at the time, but he was NOT happy. He has come to terms with it, though, and can now laugh a bit!

Thanks for watching it! I thought she was pretty awesome myself.

That was the first time we had gone first thing in the morning. I don't think I'll do it any other way from now on! Lots of great animal time!

He does... he does! I still can't believe he did all that for me while he was stuck at home and I was at Disney. Doesn't seem fair, does it?!

20. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

21. jwwi

jwwi DIS Veteran

What a great safari you had, I have never seen the lioness so active either! Loved all the pictures with your Mickey Bars, could go for one of those right now.

Your new bedroom is beautiful, love the not so hidden Mickey. I then had to look back at the other pictures to see the hidden ones. Really nice of Matt to do that while you were gone.

Fun report, thanks for taking the time to write it.:)