Dragging a grumpy DH back to the World ~ Single Digits!!

I'm sorry you won't be able to be with your friend for her baby shower and the baby's birth - I know how hard that is :(

I was going to try and fly out, but we really should save the money since I'm planning for school in 2010. I'm planning to make her a quilt that is inspired by the Nightmare Before Christmas (her nursery theme). I've picked out a few pieces of fabric, but now I need to find some NBC fabric to tie it all together. My sister is helping me with the project. She's far more creative than I am.

Well, maybe one or two other sites, hey? :rotfl2: Just google "WDW Enchanted" - you'll find it :cheer2: That's where I think I'm going to attempt a PTR/TR :eek:

Ha! I found the site. You should PM me the link to your PTR/TR. I'd love to read it. I'm sure it will be great!! Trust me, if I can do it...ANYONE can. :thumbsup2

Can I please steal this idea for my not-yet-actually-decided-if-I'm-doing-one-or-not PTR? :rotfl2:

Of course, your numbers look much better than mine will - between four people instead of two and that bloody awful US$ exchange rate (which better go back up before we go or we may have to cancel :sad1: ), my numbers are higher :sad2:

I like the title of your PTR. :rotfl: By all means -- steal any ideas that I have here. I usually steal...er, borrow them from someone else's PTR anyway.

I hope the exchange rate goes back up so you can go on your trip. :goodvibes Who knows what will happen in this current state.

You know, when I put my budget together it took away some of the magic. I mean, obviously I knew it was going to expensive. But, I was definitely disenchanted seeing the bottom line. Oh well, it's to be expected when you go to WDW!

We're doing a standard room, too! Honestly, my reasoning was it's further to walk, so I can have an extra funnel cake every day. :lmao:

:rotfl2: :rotfl: I was laughing so hard when I read that! That's EXACTLY what I was thinking too. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Okay, I've been (not so) patiently waiting for Southwest to release their late August fares. They are released on April 7th, which is in 47 more days! But really, who is counting? :rolleyes1 I just wish I could book our tickets!! For some reason, once you book the airfare it solidifies the trip...for me at least.

I've been tracking airfare on Yapta for a few weeks, and the lowest fare on there is $205 on AirTran. While I don't have any negative opinion about that AirTran, I would really prefer to fly Southwest. Plus, I have a feeling I'll be able to get a lot better fare with SWA. :goodvibes

Here's what I've been able to find so far:

AirTran: $205 (nonstop both ways)
Continental: $220 (layover in Memphis...boo!)
Delta: $240 (layover in Memphis)
Northwest: $241 (layover in Memphis)

OK so I finally got my mom over here to look at that picture to see if that was her. She didn't know she could post here too so I copied her comment from my PTR. She's so funny :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hey, sorry it tookm so long to get back here, but I looked as close as I could at the crowd photo, and guess what, you just might be right. I think that is me there in that crowd. You know, the one with the totally confused look:confused: on her face. I think that is when I discovered that I was following the wrong person:rotfl2:, and couldn't keep up wjth him. So, I called you to see where you were, and when I got there, I was trying to find your :laundy: face in the crowd, or maybe one of the younguns'pirate: princess: :angel: :happytv: princess: :charac4: , but I guess I was just looking to hard. You kniw what they say about hiding in plain sight. Well, I got to get out of here for right now, and take a quick run:car: to Winn Dixie. They have their Plant City Strawberry ice cream on sale right now, and I haven't had any since this time last year. Be sure you get some YumYum for Baby Tau:angel:. I'll see everyone later:surfweb: :wave:

I hear you on booking flights! I love having that out of the way. We found a great deal with Delta through Priceline... have you checked that site? It was about $180 each way out of Buffalo. Not too bad!
:banana:

Booking airfare is such a horrible pain in the rear-end. I'm so glad we're driving this time!

Pixie dust your way for a great find, soon!!

OK so I finally got my mom over here to look at that picture to see if that was her. She didn't know she could post here too so I copied her comment from my PTR. She's so funny :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

HA!! I actually just finished replying to that on your PTR. I was laughing so hard when I read that this morning. Your Mom is hilarious!! I also think it's really cool you have your Mom on DIS. :thumbsup2

I hear you on booking flights! I love having that out of the way. We found a great deal with Delta through Priceline... have you checked that site? It was about $180 each way out of Buffalo. Not too bad!
:banana:

Isn't it such a feeling of relief once you get it booked? It really tells me -- "Hey, you're actually going to WDW!!" Although, technically I could still cancel it if I had to. But, fortunately I don't think like that. :goodvibes

I have been checking Priceline, thanks to your PTR actually! :thumbsup2 I haven't found anything below $205 yet -- which, sounds cheap compared to your fare. Typically, we can find airfare below $200 for Orlando. I'm just hoping that's still the case this year. :goodvibes

Booking airfare is such a horrible pain in the rear-end. I'm so glad we're driving this time!

Pixie dust your way for a great find, soon!!

Ugh, it really is!! :headache: I actually calculated how much it would save us to drive and it was just over $100. Aaron figured it wouldn't be worth it, and I have to agree w/ that. Otherwise, I really wouldn't mind driving -- I kind of like it.

Airfare for all four of us would be around $1,000.00. So, that's why we're driving! My mom has a new mini van, and DH has a portable DVD player, so we should be set. Plus, I figure that's 4 extra days of vacation and doing Disney stuff with the family! DH has already started to burn Disney songs on to CDs and pick out which movies we'll be watching in the car. :banana:

Ugh, I've been rather busy the last few days and to top it off...I recently came down with something. Blech! :sick: I've been running a fever since Saturday evening, and stayed home from work today. NyQuil has become my new best friend!

On Saturday, I helped my sister move into her new house (which is really nice) and I think being in and out of the cold made me sick. It started snowing and the temperature was about 25-30 all day. It was icky. It took all day, but we did get her settled in. I wound up moving, setting up and making 5 beds that day. :scared: It was A LOT! But, I was glad to help get it all set up for my nephews.

Airfare for all four of us would be around $1,000.00. So, that's why we're driving! My mom has a new mini van, and DH has a portable DVD player, so we should be set. Plus, I figure that's 4 extra days of vacation and doing Disney stuff with the family! DH has already started to burn Disney songs on to CDs and pick out which movies we'll be watching in the car. :banana:

I don't blame you for driving. Just think, that's more money you can save or use at WDW! Having a portable DVD player really helps too. What movies are you thinking about taking? Has your DH downloaded any of the Disney attraction audio yet? I've added a few to my iPod. I like to close my eyes and think I'm at WDW.

I actually enjoy driving to WDW. I really love when you enter Florida and start seeing all the Disney signs. I also love stopping at this one welcome center and looting all the travel brochures. I LOVE them!! Oh, and I also like getting the free orange juice too. :thumbsup2

Weekly Weight Loss: 0 lbs...but, nothing gained
Total Weight Loss: 4 lbs
Days Spent Exercising: 4

Well, I didn't lose any weight this past week. :sad2: But, I am relieved that I didn't gain anything either. I really need to find some better food options - especially for dinner. I feel stagnate in the food department. I eat a lot of the same thing and I'm starting to get tired of it. Any ideas?

Whoops I have no idea why I wrote $180 each way. I meant $180 round trip. Whoops!:rolleyes1

Don't get discouraged by what the scale says... it's so easy to get unmotivated by numbers but even though you may not have lost weight, your body is undoubtedly healthier from the workouts.:thumbsup2 Good for you, 4 times in one week! I really have to get off my butt more often LOL.

I hope you're feeling better. :grouphug:

sorry you have been sick. hope you are feeling better now. I can't give any advice on the healthy dinner options - we eat the same things over too. Potatoes, meat, bread, and something that can be counted as a vegetable. Tonight we had goulosh (my husbands recipe), mashed taters, mac and cheese, green peas, and croissants.

Whoops I have no idea why I wrote $180 each way. I meant $180 round trip. Whoops!:rolleyes1

Don't get discouraged by what the scale says... it's so easy to get unmotivated by numbers but even though you may not have lost weight, your body is undoubtedly healthier from the workouts.:thumbsup2 Good for you, 4 times in one week! I really have to get off my butt more often LOL.

I hope you're feeling better. :grouphug:

Ha, I was wondering about that! But you never know the price differences b/t all the different airports and such. $180/rt sounds like a much better deal!

Thanks! I'm starting to really understand that. I've really noticed that my body feels a lot better than it has in the past. I really wasn't sore at all after moving my sister. In the past, I would've felt so out of shape and miserable after just about 2 hours of moving. So, that is definitely encouraging.

I'm starting to feel a bit better...as I sit here in my office w/ the heater cranked up to 85 and a space heater going full blast! Ha, maybe I should've stayed home today??

sorry you have been sick. hope you are feeling better now. I can't give any advice on the healthy dinner options - we eat the same things over too. Potatoes, meat, bread, and something that can be counted as a vegetable. Tonight we had goulosh (my husbands recipe), mashed taters, mac and cheese, green peas, and croissants.

Thanks!

I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones who eat the same thing over and over. It's so hard to branch out for dinner -- well, when you're cooking it yourself at least. It's also hard to cook healthy! I just have to keep reminding myself how I want to look hot for Mickey. :rotfl:

Free dining is being offered during our trip, and we have the option to take advantage of it. We usually just eat at CS restaurants and then go to off-property restaurants for dinner (i.e. Sweet Tomatoes, Carrabba's, etc...). But, I would love to branch out and experience more TS restaurants that we've never been to. The only thing that worries me, is that DH is an extremely picky eater and I'm worried he wouldn't enjoy many of the TS places. :headache: Decisions, decisions...

I decided to break down the free dining plan and compare it to what we have now (40% pin code). Here it is:

Current Plan
Hotel
$332.16 -- Pop Century (standard, 6 nights using 40% pin code)

Tickets
$272.00 -- 6 day hopper (only for Aaron purchase on MouseSavers)

Food
$350 -- (this includes meals at off-site restaurants)

Free Dining Plan
Hotel
$553.50 -- Pop Century (standard, 6 nights)

Tickets
$79.88 -- 1 day base ticket (for me)
$292.88 -- 6 day hopper (for Aaron)

40% PIN CODE TOTAL = $954.16
FREE DINING TOTAL = $926.26

TOTAL SAVINGS USING FREE DINING CODE = $27.90

I am a HUGE fan of Disney food so I would vote for Free Dining.:laughing: Even if your DH is a picky eater, there are soooo many different restaurants at Disney. Maybe you could have him look over the menus at allears.net with you and pick out things he'd like? There's a ton of awesome info over on the restaurant board. :thumbsup2

That's a tough one for two adults - very close in price! I'm not sure what I'd do in your place, sorry :confused3 If you're worried about your dh not being happy with WDW's dining choices, that's probably one big con to the DDP for your family kwim? Of course, if you show him the menus and he thinks he'd be happy eating on-site, then go for the DDP - less to think about once you're on-site :thumbsup2

Free dining would be a significant savings for us - for our family of four, DDP would cost us US$910 for our 7 night vacation (2 x adults, 1 x 10yo, 1 x 7yo = US$130/day). My 40% code at ASMu is currently saving us about US$300 for 7 nights. Not a hard choice for us, should FD come available! :lmao:

I am a HUGE fan of Disney food so I would vote for Free Dining.:laughing: Even if your DH is a picky eater, there are soooo many different restaurants at Disney. Maybe you could have him look over the menus at allears.net with you and pick out things he'd like? There's a ton of awesome info over on the restaurant board. :thumbsup2

You know, I've been to WDW so much yet have NEVER taken advantage of the DDP! Crazy, eh? We've never been during free dining, and have never thought it would be beneficial since we like to go off-site too. We've decided to sit down and check out the menus together. I'm currently narrowing down options of places I'd like to go, so cross your fingers for me!

That's a tough one for two adults - very close in price! I'm not sure what I'd do in your place, sorry :confused3 If you're worried about your dh not being happy with WDW's dining choices, that's probably one big con to the DDP for your family kwim? Of course, if you show him the menus and he thinks he'd be happy eating on-site, then go for the DDP - less to think about once you're on-site :thumbsup2

Free dining would be a significant savings for us - for our family of four, DDP would cost us US$910 for our 7 night vacation (2 x adults, 1 x 10yo, 1 x 7yo = US$130/day). My 40% code at ASMu is currently saving us about US$300 for 7 nights. Not a hard choice for us, should FD come available! :lmao:

Yeah, it's a hard decision for the two of us! I'm starting to get pulled in though, after looking at all the menus. ARGH, this is HARD!!! :headache:

I think it's supposed to be offered through October 1st -- at least that's what the pin offer states. So, assuming it's offered to the general public again, you should be able to get it for your trip! :goodvibes That would be a great savings for you guys.

Yup, I think he has already downloaded every Disney song out there - theme park and soundtrack related. Haha. The main movie on his list is Brother Bear. That's his fav, and what my PTR is named after. (Although, no one ever figured it out when I asked people to guess! Haha.)

I love TS meals at WDW, so I'd have to say go with DDP PIN; that's what we're doing, actually!

How did you get free dining? Was that a public code or a pincode?

We did FD in october and loved it. But we were feeding 6 kids! Honestly if it were just DH and me, I would like the freedom of being able to eat anywhere in Orlando and not be confined to Disney. But with a family it is more convenient to eat in the parks or resort than to get everyone loaded in the car and drive anywhere.

Tough choice.

Yup, I think he has already downloaded every Disney song out there - theme park and soundtrack related. Haha. The main movie on his list is Brother Bear. That's his fav, and what my PTR is named after. (Although, no one ever figured it out when I asked people to guess! Haha.)

I love TS meals at WDW, so I'd have to say go with DDP PIN; that's what we're doing, actually!

Don't you just love Disney music? It makes me so happy! In fact, I'm listening to the DIS Radio station on Live365 right now wishing I was at WDW. Sigh...

What's your favorite TS restaurant?

How did you get free dining? Was that a public code or a pincode?

We did FD in october and loved it. But we were feeding 6 kids! Honestly if it were just DH and me, I would like the freedom of being able to eat anywhere in Orlando and not be confined to Disney. But with a family it is more convenient to eat in the parks or resort than to get everyone loaded in the car and drive anywhere.

Tough choice.

We have a pin, but I'm sure it will be offered to the public some time in April.

Ooh, I bet that saved you a bunch with 6 kids! It's so hard trying to decide w/ just two people. We'll have a car, so it really makes sense to just do our own thing and not worry about the DDP. Plus, when I told DH that we would do the DDP, he was sad about missing out on Flippers, Sweet Tomatoes and Carrabba's. Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter