Dragging a grumpy DH back to the World ~ Single Digits!!

This is just too funny.

This woman here (cropped from your photo) could be my mom. It is a bit blurry to tell for sure.

n6852884_47105087_7651.jpg

Here is another photo. I am sure you are in it somewhere because I think I spotted my mom in yours...

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/.../otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish

I think I spotted one of the guys in this photo in the one I took too, although it's hard to tell.

This is just too funny.

This woman here (cropped from your photo) could be my mom. It is a bit blurry to tell for sure.

n6852884_47105087_7651.jpg

:lmao: :rotfl: I'm seriously cracking up over this! Too funny.

I saw this great idea on autumnpalm's PTR, and decided to "borrow" it. :)

Here is a list of the top 10 things DH and I MUST do during our trip:

1. Visit each of the monorail resorts - I've been to WDW at least 25 times and have never done this. I always say I am going to, but it never happens. This year, it WILL happen!
  2. Attend morning EMH at one of the parks - I love to get up early, but my family does not. Therefore, we've never been able to attend the AM EMH. Aaron is flexible though, so I think we might be able to do it this trip.
  3. Use PhotoPass - Shameful, I know. We've never taken advantage of this great idea. I love all the pics I've seen on TR that were PP pics. I'm hoping to get in on one of the PP shares on DIS. Now, if only I can remember to look into that in late March - early April.
  4. Keys to the Kingdom Tour - I have wanted to do this tour for quite some time, but never seem to actually do it. Aaron said he wouldn't mind, and I think I'd really enjoy it.
  5. Trade pins with Scoop - I 've never seen him, and I'm determined to meet him this year!
  6. Attend EMH at AK - this is something I'm just hoping to do b/c I ALWAYS miss it by just one day during our past trips.
  7. Watch SpectroMagic - I've never actually stopped to watch it! I know, shameful. Although, technically I did see parts of it once while I was on Splash Mountain. It was kind of cool to see all the floats coming out while we rounded the corner -- pretty neat perspective.
  8. Trade pins with the super-traders - I did this for the first time last October, and I really enjoyed it. Now that I've overcome the intimidation, I want to look through all the pins and see what else I can get. It was pretty fun and I got an awesome pin! :thumbsup2:
  9. Buy a Christmas ornament - I wanted to create a tradition where I bought a new ornament each year. Well, I've been to sporadic about it and now I really want to force myself to do it.
  10. Convince Aaron that he loves WDW - I'm crossing my fingers!!

I'm gonna send mom over here to see what she thinks. Like I said though, she is a little slow (God bless her) so it may take her a few days to find you. :goodvibes

I'm gonna send mom over here to see what she thinks. Like I said though, she is a little slow (God bless her) so it may take her a few days to find you. :goodvibes

Okay, I'll be on the lookout. If it's her, I'm going to laugh so hard. Such a small world...

I figured I'd post a picture of how I display my pins (for now at least). My sister helped me make a board that was inspired by the pin cards. I bought a giant piece of cork board material. I traced out the ears using plastic bowls and traced the head using a plate (yes, I'm very scientific). We cut it out using a box cutter and an Exacto knife (the box cutter worked MUCH better). I then used heavy duty spray paint and covered it with black felt material. I think it turned out really well! I'll have to take a better picture of it with my camera. I was lazy and just used my cell phone.

0203092132.jpg
I saw your pin board and love it! Here's my problem - I love collecting pins but I have a bad habit of forgetting which ones I have and I have a tendancy to buy the same ones I already have! No I am not kidding! Do you have some sort of system for keeping track of yours or am I just bordering on senility and there's no hope for me? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer to spend money on new pins rather than sometimes buying ones I already have. Thanks.

Funny what a search for "grumpy husband" comes up with on the DIS - your PTR was one of the results LOL

OK, a few things:

(1) We love Stacey too!!! All four of us LOL My 9yo ds seriously loves her - it's so cute! :rotfl2:

(2) Your pictures are great! The ones of your kitties made me want to snuggle with my PoleyBear cat :love:

(3) My husband was definitely grumpy on our first trip (with my in-laws (his family)), but this time he's really excited about our trip. He's coming home with the book I wanted from Chapters today - the WDW Passporter 2009 :banana:

Looking forward to more - great writing! :thumbsup2

I'm glad to help!! I just want to be done with the app process by the time I take the test, so that's how I'm looking at it! I know you can do the apps after the June test, but after studying so much, I don't think I'd be motivated. Instead, I'm using the apps as a break from studying right now. :lmao:

I took the Kaplan prep class and HATED it. I didn't get much out of it at all and thought it was a pretty big waste of money. (They're so expensive.) I use the Princeton Review books; there's a study guide that comes with a CD that is really helpful. I also have their book of the Top 147 law schools in the nation; right now, it's so colorful with different Post-It sticky tabs - where I'd like to go, where DH wouldn't mind living, which schools have a program I'm interested in, cost, etc. It's a VERY helpful book!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! :hug:

Oh my gosh, Spectro is my all time favourite Disney parade. I really hope you can catch it, it's beautiful. I have the music on my iPod! LOL

If you do the Keys tour, I would love to hear what you think of it. I'm really excited to do it.:dance3:

Photopass really is great. Are you thinking of doing the photo session at one of the resorts? We've been just thrilled with ours!! They're so much fun.

I saw your pin board and love it! Here's my problem - I love collecting pins but I have a bad habit of forgetting which ones I have and I have a tendancy to buy the same ones I already have! No I am not kidding! Do you have some sort of system for keeping track of yours or am I just bordering on senility and there's no hope for me? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer to spend money on new pins rather than sometimes buying ones I already have. Thanks.

Thanks!! I have never bought the same pins, but I have traded for them. I actually had to call DH and ask him if I had some of the ones I traded for in October. I usually just buy limited edition pins, so they aren't there the next I return.

Do you have a PinPics account? It's a great website that you can use to do an inventory on your pins. You can list them in three categories: collection, tradeables and pins you want. I love it! It's also a great way to view other traders collections, and you can even set up trades on there. My name is WDWRocksMySocks on there. Check it out!! :thumbsup2

Funny what a search for "grumpy husband" comes up with on the DIS - your PTR was one of the results LOL

OK, a few things:

(1) We love Stacey too!!! All four of us LOL My 9yo ds seriously loves her - it's so cute! :rotfl2:

(2) Your pictures are great! The ones of your kitties made me want to snuggle with my PoleyBear cat :love:

(3) My husband was definitely grumpy on our first trip (with my in-laws (his family)), but this time he's really excited about our trip. He's coming home with the book I wanted from Chapters today - the WDW Passporter 2009 :banana:

Looking forward to more - great writing! :thumbsup2

:welcome:
Haha, that's hilarious! Glad to have you stumble across it - especially since your a cat-loving, Stacey fan w/ a former grumpy DH! :rotfl: What do you think changed his grumpy ways for your upcoming trip? I'd love to receive any advice!!

Also, what do you think of the Passporter?

I'm glad to help!! I just want to be done with the app process by the time I take the test, so that's how I'm looking at it! I know you can do the apps after the June test, but after studying so much, I don't think I'd be motivated. Instead, I'm using the apps as a break from studying right now. :lmao:

I took the Kaplan prep class and HATED it. I didn't get much out of it at all and thought it was a pretty big waste of money. (They're so expensive.) I use the Princeton Review books; there's a study guide that comes with a CD that is really helpful. I also have their book of the Top 147 law schools in the nation; right now, it's so colorful with different Post-It sticky tabs - where I'd like to go, where DH wouldn't mind living, which schools have a program I'm interested in, cost, etc. It's a VERY helpful book!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! :hug:

Yes, thank you!!! I was planning on doing the application process after the exam, but it sounds like an excellent plan to do it before. I'd love to get it all done and not have to worry so much. I am so glad we found each other on the DIS!!! I definitely needed someone else who is in the same boat. It really helps. :thumbsup2

That's too bad Kaplan didn't help you. I was afraid of that, and now you've confirmed my fears. I almost took the class last summer. I really like using the study guides better. That way, I'm able to work at my own pace and find a way to relate to the material. So far, the "LSAT Logic Games Bible" by PowerScore has been my favorite. I swear, those logic games drain my soul!!! :sad2:

Did you have a Happy Valentine's Day?

Oh my gosh, Spectro is my all time favourite Disney parade. I really hope you can catch it, it's beautiful. I have the music on my iPod! LOL

If you do the Keys tour, I would love to hear what you think of it. I'm really excited to do it.:dance3:

Photopass really is great. Are you thinking of doing the photo session at one of the resorts? We've been just thrilled with ours!! They're so much fun.

I've heard such great things about Spectro, and from what little I've seen I think it's all true! I really hope we get to see it. I've really fallen in love with the music for it. I listen to Live365 a lot and always get so excited when the Spectro music comes on.

Well, we haven't decided on it...yet. I'll be working my powers of persuasion on Aaron in hopes to convince him. I hope you guys have a lot of fun during the tour. You go in June, right? I look forward to reading your TR!

I would LOVE to do one of the photo sessions. However, having Aaron's picture taken is like pulling teeth. He hates it! I figure I'll be able to at least pose for some while in the parks. At least he better do it!!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Haha, that's hilarious! Glad to have you stumble across it - especially since your a cat-loving, Stacey fan w/ a former grumpy DH! :rotfl: What do you think changed his grumpy ways for your upcoming trip? I'd love to receive any advice!!

Reasons he's not grumpy this time:

- It's just our family of four this time (last time was a GG with all my in-laws - his family; which was fine with me, but not so much fine with him). My best friend, her fiance and my adorable goddaughter may be joining us we hope, but we have travelled with them before in Europe and we travel very well together :thumbsup2

- The money for this trip was his gift to me for our 15th anniversary in December 2008 :love: (because I was whining about going on vacation :lmao:)

- We'll be able to do what we want, how we want, when we want this time. THAT is a huge part of his non-grumpiness, I'm sure

- We had a lot of fun last year at WDW. We loved the weather, loved the parks, loved the hotel and just generally had a great time

Trust me, if MY dh can be "ungrumpified", your dh can become a happy camper - I promise! :hug:

Also, what do you think of the Passporter?

I LOVE it so far! I still love my Unofficial Guide to WDW with Kids book, but the sheer organizational possibilities of the Passporter are super! I'm looking forward to being able to loosely plan our days, but I'm waiting for WDW to post their park hours - won't happen for ages, I'm sure! :mad:

We're actually going to WDW in the first week of May. Our June trip was supposed to be to Disneyland but that's been postponed for now because of changing conference dates.

I know what you mean about pictures being like pulling teeth. It took a lot of convincing to get my brother to be in the photos... PLUS he was really sick on the day of the session so he got a gold star for being such a good sport! Then we let him go back to the Poly and sleep on a hammock until we had to leave.:laughing:

Thank you! :goodvibes

Reasons he's not grumpy this time:

- It's just our family of four this time (last time was a GG with all my in-laws - his family; which was fine with me, but not so much fine with him). My best friend, her fiance and my adorable goddaughter may be joining us we hope, but we have travelled with them before in Europe and we travel very well together :thumbsup2

- The money for this trip was his gift to me for our 15th anniversary in December 2008 :love: (because I was whining about going on vacation :lmao:)

- We'll be able to do what we want, how we want, when we want this time. THAT is a huge part of his non-grumpiness, I'm sure

- We had a lot of fun last year at WDW. We loved the weather, loved the parks, loved the hotel and just generally had a great time

Trust me, if MY dh can be "ungrumpified", your dh can become a happy camper - I promise! :hug:

I LOVE it so far! I still love my Unofficial Guide to WDW with Kids book, but the sheer organizational possibilities of the Passporter are super! I'm looking forward to being able to loosely plan our days, but I'm waiting for WDW to post their park hours - won't happen for ages, I'm sure! :mad:

What a wonderful anniversary gift!! When is your anniversary? When is your trip? Ha, so many questions! You should start a PTR! It's really fun, and quite addictive once you get going.

I guess I don't really blame him for being grumpy about traveling w/ other people. I really enjoy going w/ a few number of people, otherwise it gets to be such a hassle in attempting to please everyone -- especially when they insist you all stay together like my family does. :rolleyes1 DH has already stated he refuses to go back to WDW w/ my family. I don't mind, b/c ITA!!! It's so difficult to find compatible traveling companions. I hope your best friend and her family will be able to come along. That sounds like fun!

I'll have to check out the Passporter the next time I'm at the bookstore. I absolutely love spending countless of hours pouring over the WDW travel books. It's such a fun waste of time!

We're actually going to WDW in the first week of May. Our June trip was supposed to be to Disneyland but that's been postponed for now because of changing conference dates.

I know what you mean about pictures being like pulling teeth. It took a lot of convincing to get my brother to be in the photos... PLUS he was really sick on the day of the session so he got a gold star for being such a good sport! Then we let him go back to the Poly and sleep on a hammock until we had to leave.:laughing:

Oh no, I hadn't seen that you pp your DL trip. I'm heading over to your PTR now to get up to speed. Bummer! But, yay that your WDW is a little sooner than I thought. :thumbsup2

Aw, your poor brother. Being sick at WDW would be awful! But what a trooper. I saw some of your session pics on your PTR and they turned out really well. I wish I could convince Aaron to do that. Hmmm...maybe some day?

Oh, and sleeping on a hammock at the Poly sounds REALLY good right about now...stupid Mondays!!

Weekly Weight Loss: 2 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 4 lbs
Days Spent Exercising: 3

I am really fortunate that I lost 2 pounds this week. I was doing really well at the start of the week. The weather was really nice, and we were able to FINALLY go outside and walk on our favorite trail. It much more enjoyable than walking the track at the YMCA. We walked about 4 miles on Monday and then on Tuesday. Unfortunately, the weather turned icky by Wednesday and we didn't workout again until Sunday night. Whoops! Not to mention, I kind of gorged myself on Valentine's Day. I fell off the wagon and ate Wendy's, which kind of made me sick and I couldn't even finish it. For dinner, we went to Carrabba's and I ate WAY too much there. Oh, it was so good though!! I still have managed to just drink 12 oz of Dr. Pepper per day. So, that's something -- right? I'm really hoping I can stay focused this week. :goodvibes

I'm not really a big fan of Valentine's Day -- for several reasons. I don't really think that there needs to be one day that we devote to showing that we love our significant other. That should be done EVERY day. Although, I must admit I really enjoy getting gifts from Aaron on V-Day.

It's also a difficult time of year for me and my family. My Dad passed away six years ago last Thursday (2/12). The first V-Day Aaron and I ever spent together was at a funeral home, at my Dad's viewing. Needless to say, it's a hard time to deal with -- regardless of the years that have past.

Aaron has always been very supportive in making the day special, without going over the top. This is something I really appreciate, especially as I find myself getting grumpy over during this time. We decided to spend the day up in Indianapolis. We went to the "Half Price Bookstore" -- which we love. Aaron found a lot of great deals, me...not so much. We had dinner at Carrabba's, which is our favorite Italian restaurant. Mmm, so good! We also did a bit more shopping and came home to watch "V for Vendetta".

He also decided to feed my pin addiction this year! He got me five different pins, which I really enjoyed. I'm always impressed b/c he really acts like he hates all things Disney, yet he did such a great job picking these out!

pin68302

pin67255

pin37557

pin66761

pin42172

He also got me some flowers -- Gerber Daisies are my favorite!

VDay.jpg

What a wonderful anniversary gift!! When is your anniversary? When is your trip? Ha, so many questions! You should start a PTR! It's really fun, and quite addictive once you get going.

Yes, it really was an amazing anniversary gift! I woke up to a bottle of my favourite champagne surrounded by cash in the middle of the kitchen table with a chocolate rose (that Bernard Callebaut store is just too darn close lol). I just sort of looked at it, then asked him what store he robbed :lmao: After he stopped laughing, he told me that the money was for me to plan a vacation again - because I had so much fun planning and enjoying the vacation last time. :love: Oh, our anniversary is December 28 and that was our 15th :cloud9:

As for a PTR, I think I'd rather do a TR, but I've never done one before and some of the TRs I've read (including yours) are very well-written! It's a bit intimidating to think about writing one :scared1:

I guess I don't really blame him for being grumpy about traveling w/ other people. I really enjoy going w/ a few number of people, otherwise it gets to be such a hassle in attempting to please everyone -- especially when they insist you all stay together like my family does. :rolleyes1 DH has already stated he refuses to go back to WDW w/ my family. I don't mind, b/c ITA!!! It's so difficult to find compatible traveling companions. I hope your best friend and her family will be able to come along. That sounds like fun!

Yes, the "staying all together in one big lump o' people" thing got old quickly :rotfl2: We had the best time the last two days of the vacation - when we simply told everyone which park we were going to and then we just went there without waiting kwim? :goodvibes

Thank you, yes, I hope they will be able to join us too - we miss them, they live WAY too far away (just outside of London, UK) :sad2:

I'll have to check out the Passporter the next time I'm at the bookstore. I absolutely love spending countless of hours pouring over the WDW travel books. It's such a fun waste of time!

Check it out, it's neat! I really like all the pockets at the back and the way they've organized the restaurant and ride information - very easy to reference!

:hug: to you for this sad time of year. :thumbsup2 to your dh for being able to cheer you up some with his thoughtful gifts.

We don't "do" Valentine's Day - at all LOL We celebrate any other day BUT V-Day - yeah, we're rebellious like that :rotfl:

Great job on the diet!!

I'm sorry to hear about your February story; that's so sweet that he's so supportive, though. What a fab guy to buy you those pins!!

Since you seem to be my top pin collecting friend, can you rec anywhere to get an inexpensive lanyard? I need one for DF; I found Belle and Cinderella lanyards yesterday for DM & myself..for $1.00 at Michael's!! DH already has one, so I need to find a good price on one for DF...

Yes, it really was an amazing anniversary gift! I woke up to a bottle of my favourite champagne surrounded by cash in the middle of the kitchen table with a chocolate rose (that Bernard Callebaut store is just too darn close lol). I just sort of looked at it, then asked him what store he robbed :lmao: After he stopped laughing, he told me that the money was for me to plan a vacation again - because I had so much fun planning and enjoying the vacation last time. :love: Oh, our anniversary is December 28 and that was our 15th :cloud9:

Wow, what a great and funny way to present the gift! I would have thrown the money in our bed and rolled in it a few times. :lmao: I totally would, too. Congrats on celebrating your 15th anniversary!! Aaron and I are planning to celebrate our 3rd in June. :lovestruc

As for a PTR, I think I'd rather do a TR, but I've never done one before and some of the TRs I've read (including yours) are very well-written! It's a bit intimidating to think about writing one :scared1:

Thanks for the compliments. :) This is actually my second attempt at a PTR. I started one for our October trip, and then just forgot about it. Now, I've gotten sucked in. Plus, I love to write and it's kind of like an escape for me. You should try it, or at least do a TR. You will already have at least one reader in me! :thumbsup2

Yes, the "staying all together in one big lump o' people" thing got old quickly :rotfl2: We had the best time the last two days of the vacation - when we simply told everyone which park we were going to and then we just went there without waiting kwim? :goodvibes

YES! It really gets old...and frustrating. My biggest complaint is slow walking. I walk at an obscene pace while I'm at WDW. So, I'm constantly having to stop and wait for everyone. It drives me nuts. I know, I need to be more patient and calm about it. But really, it annoys me!

Thank you, yes, I hope they will be able to join us too - we miss them, they live WAY too far away (just outside of London, UK) :sad2:

Oh wow, I thought I had it bad because my best friend lives in Utah (I'm in Indiana). How did you guys meet? I really hope it works out for you guys. What a fun trip that would be!

Check it out, it's neat! I really like all the pockets at the back and the way they've organized the restaurant and ride information - very easy to reference!

Ooh, I like the idea of the pockets. I really love the idea of being organized. Unfortunately, I'm not so big on the practice of it.

:hug: to you for this sad time of year. :thumbsup2 to your dh for being able to cheer you up some with his thoughtful gifts.

Thank you!! It's something that I assumed would get easier to deal with as time progresses. However, it has not. I think you just learn to cope with it in better ways and do the best you can to handle it. There is not a day that goes by that I don't miss him.

We don't "do" Valentine's Day - at all LOL We celebrate any other day BUT V-Day - yeah, we're rebellious like that :rotfl:

HA! I kind of like the rebellion of it. But, if celebrating it means DH will get me pins...well, I kind of want to go along with it. :rotfl:

Great job on the diet!!

I'm sorry to hear about your February story; that's so sweet that he's so supportive, though. What a fab guy to buy you those pins!!

Since you seem to be my top pin collecting friend, can you rec anywhere to get an inexpensive lanyard? I need one for DF; I found Belle and Cinderella lanyards yesterday for DM & myself..for $1.00 at Michael's!! DH already has one, so I need to find a good price on one for DF...

Thanks!!! It's been hard, but I'm determined.

Yeah, February definitely became a difficult month 6 years ago. But, DH does a wonderful job in supporting me and helping me get through it. My sister actually came over on Thursday and we watched "Bachelor Mother" together and ate take-out. It was a nice way to spend the evening.

You know, I still use the same lanyard that I got when I first started trading (2007 - not too long ago). I always talk about how I'm going to get a new one, but I never do. I've seen non-Disney ones on eBay for a decent price. But, I don't think you'll be able to beat $1 b/c of shipping. Are you going to use it for trading?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter