Downunder Cruisers

battymum

DIS Veteran
http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3847

Why cant I post a link? :confused3

Anyway for those from downunder that are cruising as part of their holiday -TravelMum, HappyFingers,... please try and read the attached article -has anyone heard of being denied booking because we are from 'downunder"

Another thing for me to worry about...I have booked and paid for our cruise in full, through dreams unlimited, and now we could be denied :scared1::scared1: aaaargh

Yes, I knew all about that and therefore booked directly with Royal Caribbean itself. I have been receiving the Vacations to Go updates for ages but, when I got them to do me a quote, they did warn me about the limits they now have for booking non U.S. residents.

Another reason to go on a DISNEY cruise, particularly with the new ships.:yay:
They have no problem with pricing the cruise the same for Americans as Australians, but make sure you book early to get the lowest possible price and best availability (as well as avoid the risk of a fuel surcharge).

Did you just use the website to book directly, was there any problems?

I know that we have a booking on royal carribean - I just filled in our set-sail details now, - they couldnt, they wouldnt, they SHOULDNT bump us.

Should I cancel the booking with dreams and book directly with RCI. I think the prices are still the same. I am really stressed about this one.:confused3

i booked directly with royal carribean and paid in full, i already have all our bording passes and have done all the online waivers for the rock walls and such, all thats left to do is book some activities when docked and complete the online check in 3 days prior to boarding :woohoo:

i dont where possible use travel agents

i distrust them pirate:

I am just going to forget I saw that article. I wouldnt normally read that part of the boards. I can book through the RCI (Aust)website for pretty much the same as we paid.

I know we have a booking on RCI and I have printed my set sail passes. So if they turn us away at the pier, my daughter can turn on a tantrum like you wouldnt believe!!:rotfl:

I must say however

I do find the fact that they feel they can charge Australians more than an American pays for the same cruise same class of room by a factor of 3 times more in some cases totally and completely insulting

And if any cruise consultants are reading this
If at any time I discover a company charging me (an Australian) more for the same product then that company loses my business forever, it's that simple

Price discrimination based on country of origin is un-acceptable

And I have a Internet connection
I do check these things
:cool2:

I know its like what the?
Do they consider the fact that we have to spend $6000 in airfare to get on this ole boat. Who would go on it at three times the price, (Jamie Packer I guess, but there is only one of him)

We would spend more time at Disney I guess.

I have to admit I was surprised at how reasonable the cost was compared to cruising from Australia. (although it will be hurricane season:rolleyes1)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter