downtown disney hotels?

Disneylush

DIS Veteran
I remember a pink hotel on the downtown disney strip ... able to walk to dtd. Anyone know what I am talking about?
What is the closest hotel to DTD
Have you stayed at either of them? What do you think?

Hi,

I think the pink one is Orlando Vistana. I believe the closest is the Hilton.

We stayed at the Buena Vista Palace last year. It was great. We had a balcony and a view of the fireworks and a 5-10 minute walk to DTD.

We are hoping to stay at Regal Sun this year. Does anyone know if it is any good?

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Downtown Disney hotels. I stayed in the Marriot in 2003 (now it's owned by someone else) and while was a decent hotel, It just wasn't "Disney-fied" enough for me. For the same price, we could have stayed in a moderate resort at the time. I also wasn't thrilled with the DTD bus system. You should note that these buses run separate from the WDW bus system and just aren't as nice. And often times, you aren't delivered as close to the parks as a WDW bus. For example, the DTD bus system bus to MK lets you off at the ticket and transportation center and you have to take the monorail. I LOVE the monorail, but I would prefer to have the bus drop me right off in front of the park like the WDW buses do.

So overall, the hotels are fine - they generally are on the upscale side of things as normal hotels go, but they just didn't have the Disney flavor that I love about staying onsite. AND the buses left a lot to be desired for me.

I think the Hotel you are referring to is Hotel Royal Plaza. I stayed at this Hotel a few years ago before it was refurbished and I remember it being pink in color. It also has the glass elevator that you can see going up the front of the hotel.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter